Kicking off the month today at Gailes in a blue marker Stableford comp. Figured I might as well take the chance to get a round in while I can, since work has called me back in tomorrow after being stood down so far this week. I haven't so much as touched a golf club since Sunday before last so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Played off 16 today, ended up with 91 for 34 points (18/16). Driving was good hitting 11/15 fairways but my irons weren't great only hitting 3 greens. Not used to teeing balls up in the fairway, and probably a little wary of fatting it in the soft conditions, as a result I topped a few while others the best I can describe is half topped and hit a bit longer than I wanted. Short game was pretty ordinary as well, distance control not great. 34 putts. The heat and humidity got to me in the last few holes, swing got a bit wild and inaccurate so I didn't finish that well. Was on track to shoot my handicap or maybe beat it before that.

Still, it was good to get out and have a hit again. I feel like I've got a nice swing rhythm and shape going with the driver and that confidence on the tee helps a lot. Although I wasn't happy with my irons and short game I'm not really disappointed with the end result given the lack of play or practice. Not sure when I'll get out again.