Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Haven't been using Arccos or golfshot lately.

24 points on Thursday, one of my worst rounds in a very long time. Didn't hit a fairway until the 18th, 3 or 4 3-putts.

Made a few adjustments after that; put my arm-lock putter back in the bag, and worked out what I was doing wrong off the tee.

34 points (+6) yesterday, although bogeyed the last 3 holes. Putting was better once I re-adjusted to the arm-lock, and drove it a lot better.

Then 34 points (+6) today at RA as a sneaky SA champs warm-up (thanks marcel!) - +1 on the front with a couple of nice birdies on 2 and 3, but fell away a little on the back. Could've been a really good round if a few more putts dropped, really burned some edges.

38 points at Oxley again today. Wiped the last after I lost my tee shot. Long putting was largely rubbish except for a birdie on 12.
    8 fairways, 7 greens, 32 putts from 17 holes.
    Overall pretty happy with the weekend, I achieved my goal of shooting equal or better than my handicap both rounds.

Bit of a wasted opportunity today.

PPBbBPbXP-PPPPPPBPB 75/36pts

20 foot eagle putt on 7 left 1 inch short, dead centre. Poor, overly-agressive pitch lead to a double after punching out from the trees on 8. Lots of good looks at birdie on the back without making one, including a shocking short miss on 14. Generally playing pretty well though, so can't complain too much (particularly on a weekday!).

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Beaconhills pro am today, teed off at 7.30 after a night that saw Carlton finally get a first round win, the Storm in a thriller and maybe a few too many vodkas. To say I was feeling crap would be an understatement.
    Started on a tough downhill par 3 playing 204m, flushed a 4 iron into the front bunker and made the up and down. And that was the start of a pretty good morning.
    34 points
    4 birdies
    Some good putting
    2 lost balls

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Didn't chip or putt too well today, -2 in a par comp. Was all square with a birdie putt on 15, but missed & halved that one then played the last 3 holes in 3 over.

PBPBbBPPP-PBPPPPBBB - 77 gross

Default WDYSTM - March 2022

36 points today on scarified greens, very happy with that,

in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Absolute dumpster fire today. 99/82 in the monthly medal. At least I only lost one ball. 8 fairways but an unusually high number of fatted irons ruined it. Oh well onto tomorrow's social club game, hopefully will play better.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

19/03/2022, Wolston Park GC, 2 man Ambrose.

I thought it was going to be an option of playing ambrose or single stableford, but was told stableford was for those in the odd numbered groups. I was partnered with an old guy off 22 or something, who I hadn't met before. I may as well have played a solo round as he contributed close to nothing, including decision making. He was never really going to contribute much to the longer shots, but getting some chips somewhere in the vicinity of the hole would have been nice; I couldn't even get good reads off most of his putts. We scored 7 over 75 off a handicap of 7.75, and I would have had about 10 over if we took only my shots.

I noticed during the round that there were full groups playing stableford, so I think I got stooged. I reckon my playing partner signed up for Ambrose and got the card printed before I had checked in.

I drove it great for most of the round, but wasted those drives with my still poor approach shots (3 GIR). The misses aren't as far off as they were before, but they are more varied with misses left, right, long, and short. Overall it was a solid round, but not what I'm looking for.

84/67 at Windaroo today with the social club. Didn't quite have my swing going how I'd like but enough to not put it too far off line most shots. 6 fairways, 7 greens, 30 putts. Birdie on the final hole to finish on a positive note too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    84/67 at Windaroo today with the social club. Didn't quite have my swing going how I'd like but enough to not put it too far off line most shots. 6 fairways, 7 greens, 30 putts. Birdie on the final hole to finish on a positive note too.
    How was the course looking, considering it was under water a few weeks back?

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    How was the course looking, considering it was under water a few weeks back?
    The majority of it was pretty good, rough a bit longer than it has been other times I've been there. 6th and 10th were pretty muddy in parts. The greens were good.

Senior Member Major Winner

Another righty round in the bag, and I'm nothing if not consistent(ly shit). 92 off the bat which'll come down to a 91 with ESC. Par 71, off the whites.

4 pars
    9 bogies
    3 doubles
    1 triple
    1 quad

5 / 14 Fairways
    2 / 18 GIR
    5 / 14 Up 'n' Downs
    38 Putts
    0 shanks (yes, this is a stat that needs to be counted)

Greens were aboslute dogshit after coring 2 weeks ago and hadn't been cut that morning so were super slow and bumpy, so I'm not too upset about the putting, but I did also putt pretty horrendously in patches so certainly not free of blame myself.

Same bag as last round except for one change with the driver, going from a Cobra Speedzone Extreme with HZRDUS Yellow 60g Stiff shaft to a Cobra Fly-Z with ProLaunch Blue 55g Stiff.

We go again for a third and final handicap card at some point down the track, but it seems fairly likely the cap will start somewhere around the 18 mark.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Two poor rounds over the weekend. Putting being the main culprit which introduced frustration into the rest of the game by the end. Recently Reno’d greens have some impact but generally I putted very poorly especially inside 2m - missed 3-4 birdies from inside 6ft.

Went through 2 sleeves of balls across the weekend as well. Hideous.

First round in a couple of weeks and another new course (although have played it before) at El Arish. A Par 64 and had a 73 off the stock. No major blow-outs just too many bogies. Driving was solid at 80%, and 25 Putts, helped for all the missed greens. Sharper play around the Par 3's would have brought about a better score. Next up Tully later in the week to give it time to dry out!

First round in a couple of weeks and another new course (although have played it before) at El Arish. A Par 64 and had a 73 off the stock. No major blow-outs just too many bogies. Driving was solid at 80%, and 25 Putts, helped for all the missed greens. Sharper play around the Par 3's would have brought about a better score. Next up Tully later in the week to give it time to dry out!
    Would go back to Tully in a heartbeat. Thoroughly enjoyed it, one of the best little country tracks I've ever encountered.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Would go back to Tully in a heartbeat. Thoroughly enjoyed it, one of the best little country tracks I've ever encountered.
    I've tried to play it twice, left Mission Beach in fine weather and go to Tully and it was pissing down! Got there Sunday - raining in Tully so drove to El Arish - perfectly fine!
    I'll play it one day!

I've tried to play it twice, left Mission Beach in fine weather and go to Tully and it was pissing down! Got there Sunday - raining in Tully so drove to El Arish - perfectly fine!
    I'll play it one day!
    These are the tee markers. Of course it was raining.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    These are the tee markers. Of course it was raining.
    Tully hasn't won the Golden Gumboot award several times for nothing.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I've tried to play it twice, left Mission Beach in fine weather and go to Tully and it was pissing down! Got there Sunday - raining in Tully so drove to El Arish - perfectly fine! I'll play it one day!
    You could always try Babinda. 😉

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

I'll play it one day!
    Wettest place in Australia until you ask someone from Babinda.

But there is a reason theres a Giant Gumboot at the entrance to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    You could always try Babinda.
    Ahahaha. There it is!!

28pts in 3 club challenge at North Haven Sat
    Wasted 95% of shots with very poor chipping otherwise rest of game was ok.
    Worst part of game was it not counting towards handicapping
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Broke 80 at Queanbeyan for the first time ever. Halved my pennant match after being 2 up with 2 to play
    Broke 80 at Royal Canberra yesterday with an eagle. Shame my daily was 4 and I finished with 79.

I am not good enough for my handicap.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Broke 80 at Queanbeyan for the first time ever. Halved my pennant match after being 2 up with 2 to play
    Broke 80 at Royal Canberra yesterday with an eagle. Shame my daily was 4 and I finished with 79.

I am not good enough for my handicap.
    How do you get 4 at Royal Canberra? Was it front tees?

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    How do you get 4 at Royal Canberra? Was it front tees?
    White course, temp hole in play. ACR of 69 somehow

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thread Information