Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Lodgement of scorecard/result

Hi,

I play at a public course that runs competitions several days a week. The results of the comp are finalised around 7.00 p.m. on the day of the comp.

I assume that the late time is to cater for late starters (I think the last hit off time for the comp is 2.00 p.m.).

I finished my game around 1.00 p.m. and duly entered my score (visa my marker) a few minutes after I finished the game (our group uses the miscore app).

As it turns out, I was the clubhouse leader. As you do when you have a good score, I checked the "leaderboard" via miscore during the afternoon and evening and was still leading until about 6.45 p.m. when another score was lodged, 2 shots better than mine.

I was a bit peeved that I got beaten so late in the day. I checked the app (it lists the start times for each player) and I saw that the player that beat me hit off at 10.30 a.m..

My beef is that the score was entered so late after the hit off time. It just seems to raise a few questions. The other player had a good score. Why wait so long after finishing to enter/lodge the result? I know that not all players use miscore and cards can take a little longer to process (but not 3 or 4 hours). With miscore we can see all the players in the comp and all scores that have been lodged.

It 's obvious that I'm totally biased here but does anyone else think this is all a bit odd? Does anyone know if there is a time limit for lodging your score/card/miscore after you finish the round?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yes there is a time limit for handing a scorecard in. I think its "soon after finished". Am fairly sure this is in the rulebook somewhere.

To be fair.... just ask why a scorecard handed in so late is valid. Dont assume there are questions to ask, let the management do that.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

fullon: miscore is not a perfect app. I had this happen to my good score a few weeks ago; @ 4:30PM on the Leaderboard it said I was on #17 with 35 points, yet had already electronically submitted my card around 12 noon for 38.

I have witnessed a number of other glitches over the past month submitting e-cards. Just chill and enjoy your golf, if you win you win, if not Que Sera*

*(young Doris Day, shwing)

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Did you ask the staff at the club?

The manager, pro or shop kid may wait until the end of the day, before emptying the scorecard box, to do all the manual data entry for the leaderboard/golflink as a single task. Especially, if it is a small club, mid-week field or low use of paper scorecards.

p.s. You should also check results from the past year, to see how often the winner's name appears as the day's winner (plus any of the three other names in that 10.30am group).
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I'm with Dotty, just politely ask the question next time you are there about scorecard entry.

We have had internal accusations of cheating due to a live leaderboard being available, but it seems its probably more the guilty conscience of an individual showing his true colours...

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

I did a bit more research after I posted yesterday.

I found this reference in the Rules of Golf:

In stroke play, Rule 3.3b holds players responsible for ensuring the accuracy of their hole scores and promptly returning the scorecard to the Committee at the completion of the round.

There isn't much else that I could find, although I did find one club has a 10.00 p.m. shut off for lodging scores.

I have sent an email to the club but I haven't received a response as yet.

I think Dotty is close: the manager/proshop kid does the settleup at the end of the shift.

At other clubs they have a dedicated handicapper that starts his task shortly after the last group has finished their round.

It must also be difficult for handicappers having to work with cards and miscore.

I think miscore is a good system (although it is a challenge for a lot of people that aren't too good with technology).

As thecollective says, it's not a perfect app, but hopefully they can iron out the bugs.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

There shouldn’t need to be a manual entry of those persons who have filled out a paper scorecard.

Our club still has the printer like machines in the pro shop that you scan your own card into at the completion of the round. That then immediately goes onto the “live” leaderboard.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The club can also perform a “Rounds Times Report” on MiClub which will show any anomalies in submitting cards/MiScore.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

We have a 15 minute timeframe, I think it may have been due to some people playing early and watching the leaderboard before completing at entering their cards.

I played somewhere in Sydney that had the machine in the locker room, so it was straight of 18 and into the machine
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

We have 95% of players using electronic scoring - most scores are submitted within 50m of the end of the round.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    We have 95% of players using electronic scoring - most scores are submitted within 50m of the end of the round.
    We have elec scoring however the committee decided that you still need to lodge a hand written card so why bother with the tech.
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    We have elec scoring however the committee decided that you still need to lodge a hand written card so why bother with the tech.
    That’s just silly

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Dumber than an adjustable club, does the club require a statutory declaration as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lemme guess, they decided it makes it easier to cheat?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

The club responded to my email. They advise that the player hadn’t put their score card through the reader correctly or it hadn’t been fully submitted. The problem was identified by the employee that did the "settle up" (my words) and submitted the card/score.

That's it. I'll call it rub of the green and move on.

I wish more players would pick up on the miscore app, it has a lot to offer (including the GPS function) for a minor annual fee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    lemme guess, they decided it makes it easier to cheat?
    I've used it a couple of times, and I think there is a flaw in MiScore, in that it allows the marker to submit a player's score, without confirming it is correct with the player (i.e. no player's signature needed on the electronic scorecard).

I had a marker's phone lose charge on the 16th last week. Luckily, he remembered to submit my score after he got home and could charge his phone.
    Maybe that could explain the 3 hour delay in the original post.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Dotty - couldnt you just fill out a paper scorecard instead? (aside from maybe you had hundreds and really didnt care). Is there a thing that once you start scoring you cant opt out of submitting?

we use Miclub/Miscore but i cant be stuffed using it. though it wouldnt bother me to fill out the entire scorecard in the app once finished. would take what... 30 seconds.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by fullongolf View Post
    The club responded to my email. They advise that the player hadn’t put their score card through the reader correctly or it hadn’t been fully submitted. The problem was identified by the employee that did the "settle up" (my words) and submitted the card/score.

That's it. I'll call it rub of the green and move on.

I wish more players would pick up on the miscore app, it has a lot to offer (including the GPS function) for a minor annual fee.
    The App is crap IMO. I don't want to have to pull out my phone 18 times a round. I golf to get away from the outside world.

It wasn't a miscore issue. The problem was something to do with the card system i.e. "the player hadn’t put their score card through the reader correctly or it hadn’t been fully submitted".

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I golf to get away from the outside world.
    You live in WA...you are nowhere near the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    You live in WA...you are nowhere near the real world.
    You leave our little country alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    You leave our little country alone.
    To be fair, they found your bit first. So might as well be a country

Thread Information