Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KRANK drivers

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default KRANK drivers

Has anyone here had the chance to play one of these drivers, if so what are your thoughts

Cheers

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I have a few (7 models). I like the Formula 5 LD (10.5*), but have struggled with most of the others due to their very low spin nature, especially in the lower lofts. My swing is pretty low spin these days, and I have struggled to get them in the air at my swing speed previously. You will probably prompt me to try a few again, at least at the driving range. I bought all mine 2nd hand and very cheap when the dollar was at parity.

All of my Krank Drivers have totally smooth faces, no etching or milling at all. Krank keep emailing me to become a Driver Reviewer, but it is just a sales program by another name, albeit at a discount. But they seem to discount their Drivers most of the time anyway. They still have a strong following in the LD arena, but virtually no profile in regular golf. I see they have some new models aimed at the wider market and slower swing speeds, but I have no experience with them. The most recent of my models is a Formula 7 (they are up to Formula 11). You can buy heads only at times. And I see they now have changeable shaft adapters, mine are all fixed.

I do also have some Fairway and Hybrid models and I quite like them. They look pretty funky and perform well.

Member Teaching Pro

I was sponsored by Krank for a time and used them to win the Remax world longdrive snr championship in 2013. They are very durable low spin heads,

Thread Information