Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Got out for a sneaky midweek 18.

Had 39 points off 3 with 6 birdies.
    Must have been the "new" Mizuno putter? Nice darts mate.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

14/11/2021, Wolston Park, Blue Tees, Social.

SG vs Scratch: Driving +0.1, Approach -7.8, Short -0.9, Putting +0.2 => -8.3.
    Score (B9 1st): bbBPBPPBP BPPXXbXBP; 33:44:77 (+1:+9:+10).
    Played to 12.7 (adj 10.6). SCH: 9.0 (+0.2).

Speaking of flushing, I flushed another good round down the toilet on the second nine for the second week in a row. A birdie, birdie start was a bit ominous for the come down, but I was still only 2 over after 12. Then it fell apart with a quad, double, birdie, double run. Once again, chunks, knifes, and shanks were involved.

The first nine was played in 1h45m, then we hit the back of the morning field off the first, who hit off half an hour late. Three hours after we finished 9, we had finished 18. Coincidence that my swing fell apart after a big pause and too much idle time? Doubtful! Continued poor sleeping before a round isn't helping either.

Next round: More potential Sunday morning pain at WP, with cored greens added into the mix. What could possibly go wrong?

Played the second round of the Club Champs qualifying yesterday. First thing I found out this week was that I was actually in B grade which meant I was right back in the mix and T7 leading into this round (Top 8 qualify for matchplay finals). A mixed bag and a few strange incidents occured throughout the day. Hit my playing partners ball on 7 and pinged myself a 1 shot penalty - I later was told this is no longer a penalty with recent rule changes. Can anyone confirm? Also hit my ball whilst taking a practice swing from the fairway on 16. Again was told later that I could have replaced my ball without penalty but didn't.

So with the 2 extra shots noted above I made a good par on 18 and scraped out an 89 off the stick, nett 77. Still a bit scratchy overall for the day but there was some good golf in there.

I found out today that I qualified for the finals in the 8th spot. Will play the 1st seed next week in 18 hole matchplay quarter finals.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Played the second round of the Club Champs qualifying yesterday. First thing I found out this week was that I was actually in B grade which meant I was right back in the mix and T7 leading into this round (Top 8 qualify for matchplay finals). A mixed bag and a few strange incidents occured throughout the day. Hit my playing partners ball on 7 and pinged myself a 1 shot penalty - I later was told this is no longer a penalty with recent rule changes. Can anyone confirm? Also hit my ball whilst taking a practice swing from the fairway on 16. Again was told later that I could have replaced my ball without penalty but didn't.

So with the 2 extra shots noted above I made a good par on 18 and scraped out an 89 off the stick, nett 77. Still a bit scratchy overall for the day but there was some good golf in there.

I found out today that I qualified for the finals in the 8th spot. Will play the 1st seed next week in 18 hole matchplay quarter finals.
    First one, hitting the wrong ball is a 2 shot penalty, if not actioned before the end of the hole it's disqualification.

Second one, is a one shot penalty and you must replace the ball where it originally was or else it's a 2 shot penalty. It's only not a penalty on the putting green.

A bit of an ordinary weekend this week. 32 points at Oxley yesterday off 19. Went alright on the front 9 with 18 points and a wipe, but fell away on the back. 6 fairways, 3 greens, 3 wipes.

33 points today at Carbrook off 20. 8 fairways and 4 greens and although I started well I couldn't keep it going. Bloody mozzies didn't help. 3 wipes again, including a ridiculous one on the 15th. I hit a drive straight down the middle to about 50-60m out, then shanked three balls straight into the water right. Got it together for the last three at least, with two pars and a bogey to finish.

Playing both days next weekend as well, with a lesson Sunday morning before that round.

Default WDYSTM - November 2021

21/11/2021, Wolston Park, Blue Tees, Social.

Score: PbPPBbBPP PPBBPBBB; 35:37:72 (E:+5:+5).
    Played to 7.4. SCH: 8.9 (-0.1).

Stupid bloody game. I finally conceded that my approach game needs professional help, and right before the round, I booked my first ever lesson to be taken in a couple of weeks time. Of course, despite a sprained pec, I went out and had the equal most greens hit and the best strokes gained for approaches since I've been using Arccos, which is 6 months. A fast round not getting stuck behind social groups probably helped too.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the best time to be hitting lots of greens, since they were just cored, which led to a couple of three putts when the first putt was long. That said, it was nice to be hitting the ball well for a change. It didn't quite last the whole round, and I couldn't scramble a couple of extra pars in the home stretch to make it a really good score, but I'll take it.

Next round: On holiday, so I'm hoping to have a hit at Magnetic Island's 9 hole course.
    Last edited by AndyP; 22nd November 2021 at 07:07 PM.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Stupid bloody game.
    Could've just left it there.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

First round of club champs last weekend, shot +3 for a nett -1. Sitting T2 (gross, 1st nett) after the first round (down to 3 rounds due to first round washout). Actually hit the ball shit, and managed to get to -2 after 11 holes before jumping on the bogey train. Playing Saturday/Sunday this week in the last two rounds, playing with the guy who's won 23 club champs at our club, and two guys of +1 so that'll be a good test.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

First comp game in a few weeks today after being quite sick. Had to leave after 8 holes to go and look after a sick son. Was something like +5 through 8, so nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    First comp game in a few weeks today after being quite sick. Had to leave after 8 holes to go and look after a sick son. Was something like +5 through 8, so nothing of value was lost.
    You were heading back that way anyway, you could've played the 9th...
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    You were heading back that way anyway, you could've played the 9th...
    Not the way our course is at the moment- 6th is being renovated and the replacement temp hole is on the back 9.

Got a full round in today. Didn't use Arccos because of the temporary hole, but IIRC:

BPPBBPPBB-PPPPXPPBX 82/76

Feel like I'm really close to good golf, but I've felt that way for months now. 4 lip-outs today, including a brutal one on the 9th that was almost completely below the hole before horse-shoeing back out. Approach game still needs work. Two doubles, awful chipping on the temporary 15th, then a lost ball off the tee on 18.

Won my matchplay in the qtr finals of club champs today. Got out to a quick 2up lead after 2 holes. I held the lead all day but it never got more than 2 or less than 1. Ended up making a clutch putt for par on 17 and my opponent missed his for a 2&1 win. Onto the semi's next week.

Well done. Good luck next week.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Good day for me today 77/64 (10 over) won b grade to 😊😊

32 points at Oxley today (blue tees). Took a bit to get going properly not having any chance to practice this week. Driver wasn't great the first couple of holes going way right but I was able to get it under control after that. A number of chunked irons in the wet, soft conditions didn't help. I did hit some nice ones as well, and starting to get my old distances back now that I'm getting more used to the new swing, although still plenty of work to do on it. Finished on a good note sinking a long putt for par. Back again in the morning for the Sunday comp.
    6 fairways, 1 green 😳 28 putts (17 holes)
    Hopefully do a bit better tomorrow

Oxley comp again today, this time off the white tees (16 HCP). Yesterday's hitout must have helped as I did play better today. 82 off the stick (+12) for 40 points and my first competition win. Only hit 5 fairways and 3 greens but the offline shots weren't as far offline, and short game worked pretty well.
    31 putts, no 3 putts and no wipes. Pretty consistent the whole round this time, 41 each nine for 20 points each nine.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A miracle occurred for me today. I still have a sore hip and right leg, so I can't really swing properly. But everything worked with the things I can do, for a result of 2 up in a par event. I am tempted to do a shot by shot rundown, I am so pleased with the round.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Default WDYSTM - November 2021

Won my matchplay in the qtr finals of club champs today. Got out to a quick 2up lead after 2 holes. I held the lead all day but it never got more than 2 or less than 1. Ended up making a clutch putt for par on 17 and my opponent missed his for a 2&1 win. Onto the semi's next week.
    That’s awesome.
    All eyes on you knocking over the top qualifier.
    1 hole at a time and only need to have 1 less than you opponent on the hole for wins.
    I take it’s straight out match play not special olympics?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    That’s awesome.All eyes on you knocking over the top qualifier.1 hole at a time and only need to have 1 less than you opponent on the hole for wins.I take it’s straight out match play not special olympics?
    Thanks mate, yep scratch matchplay.
    WITB

Any idea why the December WDYSTM thread got created, had about 4 posts then got deleted?
    WITB

Any idea why the December WDYSTM thread got created, had about 4 posts then got deleted?
    It's still there under the monthly mug or whatever it's called. Meanwhile, played in an Ambrose today for the last game of the social club year. Not a formal I overly enjoy so I essentially treated it as a practice session, but we had a good day shooting -9 off the stick and winning the day. For my part I did hit the ball pretty well most of the time, I'm seeing more consistency now and feeling like the stuff I'm working on from the lessons is getting more ingrained. Putting was good again as well.

I've moved it to the correct area. Post away.

Thread Information