Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

19/09/2021, Wolston Park, Blue Tees, Social.

SG Handicap: Driving - 3, Approach - 13, Short - 7, Putting - +5.
    Score: PBPXPPbPB PPXPBPPBP; 38:36:74 (+3:+4:+7).
    Played to 9.6. SCH: 8.6 (+0.0).

Better than average, but a couple of holes brought the score down again. Both holes were from an inability to recover from bad drives; one was being too aggressive with recovery and not mentally committing to the shots, and the other was a bit unlucky.

I really feel like my approaches are better than a 13 handicap, but maybe I'm just remembering the ones where I hit greens. Once again shots between 45-100 were the biggest weakness, but I think they were better today, or at least not shocking.

I missed a few greens by going long today. Thinking back over the back nine, I was definitely hitting it further than expected. Maybe medicine ball throwing at the gym is paying off...

Next round: Avoiding the social groups and playing at Wolly Park next Sunday afternoon.

10 point improvement today over the last couple of rounds with 31 points at Oxley. Slowly getting more used to the new swing technique, but it's feeling better every time I go for a hit. I have confidence at least with the irons that the ball will go where I'm aiming, and most times today it did.

Still haven't got it worked out with the driver yet, I hit 7/14 fairways today but 6 were on the front 9. According to golf pad I hit the green 62% from inside 150m, which is a big improvement. They weren't all in regulation, although that was also improved with 5/18, but it makes a difference having confidence in where I'll hit it. At this point I'm more concerned with direction than distance, as I have lost a bit with the changes. It should come back as I go further with my lessons though.

Backing it up tomorrow with the social club at Wynnum in a stroke event. Hopefully I can putt better, had a bit of a shocker today with 38.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Another Saturday, another single Stableford at Half Moon Bay. First game in about 4 weeks, now that the boys junior soccer committments are over for another season I'm hoping to get out more regularly.28 points the result. Struggled for the first 12 holes but then finally things started to click and I played the last 6 holes one better than handicap. Hopefully something to build on for the next game.
    Last edited by Dcanto; 25th September 2021 at 07:28 PM.

Senior Member Major Winner

31. 4 wipes.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM - September 2021

42 points, a par round off the stick. Finally had a win
    Last edited by Steve; 26th September 2021 at 11:25 AM.
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    42 points, a par round of the stick. Finally had a win
    Well done, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Well done, Steve.
    Thank you
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

34 points this morning, most of my game was solid but 4 3-putts really hurt. I really need to sort out the Yippy 3-4 footers, they're costing me 2 or 3 shots a round at the moment.

Ordinary 97/77 at Wynnum today. I'm blaming a lack of sleep after the footy last night.

26/09/2021, Wolston Park, Blue Tees, Social.

SG Handicap: Driving - +4, Approach - 27, Short - 10, Putting - 0.
    Score: BbPXPbXPP PPXBXBBBP; 38:40:78 (+3:+8:+11).
    Played to 13.7. SCH: 8.8 (+0.2).

+3 through 11 holes, no thanks to double bogeys on both of the par 5s, then I threw up all over myself from 90m out on the 12 through to the 16th green. I lost the ability to be able to strike the ball in any sort of consistent way, starting with a low running shank and including chunks, knifes, and slaps. Struck it really well for 17/18, but the round was gone. WTF?!?!

Next round: Saturday Monthly Medal at the moment, but will happily change it to Sunday arvo social again.

Played to my handicap today, although my handicap was 7. Ordinary start, and a lovely shank on 6, but turned it around. Just needed some putts to go in - had a really good look at eagle on 7, couple of lip outs, couple of burnt edges on mid-range putts.

BXBPPXbPP-PBPPPPPBP 78/36pts

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Played to my handicap today, although my handicap was 7. Ordinary start, and a lovely shank on 6, but turned it around. Just needed some putts to go in - had a really good look at eagle on 7, couple of lip outs, couple of burnt edges on mid-range putts.BXBPPXbPP-PBPPPPPBP 78/36pts
    Nice mate
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

I set a personal best on Thursday. Unfortunately, it wasn't score related, but I played 45 holes in one day during a solo golf-a-thon at courses that I had never played before. I was tempted to make it 54, with other nine hole courses in the Gold Coast area, but the body wasn't up for it, since I carried the whole time.

30/09/2021, Tallai Country Club, 9 Hole Course. BBXPXBXbB; 38 (+10).

Really bad play. I just kept pulling the ball, which may have been due to no warmup and limited stretching, but I couldn't correct it either. 4 shots lost in penalties, but at least there was one birdie to bring some joy, albeit a pitching wedge tee shot.

30/09/2021, Boomerang Farm GC, 9 Hole Course. BXXBPPbBX; 45 (+11).

More of the same shit on a more dangerous course. After quad, triple on holes 2 and 3, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue with anymore golf for the day. I actually played decent on the stretch of four consecutive par threes from the 5th to 8th for even par on those, but without that, I may have headed home with my tail between my legs.

30/09/2021, Meadow Park GC, 9 Hole Course. PPPPBBPBB; 32 (+4).

Much better ball striking. It was a bit blustery and I misjudged the wind a few times and missed greens, plus there were a few longer par 3s that are tough to hit with a two hybrid. Could have been better, but at least let me progress to the next course.

30/09/2021, Coplicks Tallebudgera GC. PPBPPBPPB PPXPBPPPB; 74 (+7)

Played decent, but it was a short course, including par 4s in driving range, and I couldn't quite get the birds when they were on offer. I was fatiguing badly late, the swing was falling apart, and the driver was spraying everywhere, but the course didn't punish me.
    Last edited by AndyP; 2nd October 2021 at 02:56 PM.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I set a personal best on Thursday. Unfortunately, it wasn't score related, but I played 45 holes in one day during a solo golf-a-thon at courses that I had never played before. I was tempted to make it 54, with other nine hole courses in the Gold Coast area, but the body wasn't up for it.

30/09/2021, Tallai Country Club, 9 Hole Course. BBXPXBXbB; 38 (+10).

Really bad play. I just kept pulling the ball, which may have been due to no warmup and limited stretching, but I couldn't correct it either. 4 shots lost in penalties, but at least there was one birdie to bring some joy, albeit a pitching wedge tee shot.

30/09/2021, Boomerang Farm GC, 9 Hole Course. BXXBPPbBX; 45 (+11).

More of the same shit on a more dangerous course. After quad, triple on holes 2 and 3, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue with anymore golf for the day. I actually played decent on the stretch of four consecutive par threes from the 5th to 8th for even par on those, but without that, I may have headed home with my tail between my legs.

30/09/2021, Meadow Park GC, 9 Hole Course. PPPPBBPBB; 32 (+4).

Much better ball striking. It was a bit blustery and I misjudged the wind a few times and missed greens, plus there were a few longer par 3s that are tough to hit with a two hybrid. Could have been better, but at least let me progress to the next course.

30/09/2021, Coplicks Tallebudgera GC. PPBPPBPPB PPXPBPPPB; 74 (+7)

Played decent, but it was a short course, including par 4s in driving range, and I couldn't quite get the birds when they were on offer. I was fatiguing badly late, the swing was falling apart, and the driver was spraying everywhere, but the course didn't punish me.
    Jebus!

That's epic. The most I've done was 36 in a day but at the same course, with lunch in between the rounds.

This week I'm doing 36 over two days again, playing the Oxley comps tomorrow and Monday, partly for practice since I haven't been able to get to the range this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    That's epic. The most I've done was 36 in a day but at the same course, with lunch in between the rounds.
    I've done 36 a few times, including OZgolf days. To be honest, this wasn't a long 45, since a couple of the courses were practically par 3 courses. Still tiring though, and it was the back that was feeling it for the last 9 after carrying the clubs. I should have accepted the offer of a free pull cart for my third 9.

Thread Information