Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Lockdown again in Vic

This sh1t is doing my head in.I am having a problem coming to terms with being told we can't play golf again, and now we are on a cerfuw.Someone needs to run Dan the dictator out of office

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Toot to Boot!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    This sh1t is doing my head in.I am having a problem coming to terms with being told we can't play golf again, and now we are on a cerfuw.Someone needs to run Dan the dictator out of officeSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Hey bud,I'm not a lockdown fan, but it isn't Dan's fault.Morons everywhere who choose to think of themselves oly

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

This sh1t is doing my head in.I am having a problem coming to terms with being told we can't play golf again, and now we are on a cerfuw.Someone needs to run Dan the dictator out of office

Didnt he get voted in recently?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

You should move to Sydney. They are still playing golf.

This whole Dictator Dan spin is bullshit. He is not making decisions on his own, it is group decisions. Just because you don't agree does not make him a dictator.

If ****wits did the right thing and more people actually cared about the community as a whole instead of being obsessed with looking afternumber 1 the rules wouldn't have to be made.

Are you vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Toolish View Post
    This whole Dictator Dan spin is bullshit. He is not making decisions on his own, it is group decisions. Just because you don't agree does not make him a dictator.

If ****wits did the right thing and more people actually cared about the community as a whole instead of being obsessed with looking afternumber 1 the rules wouldn't have to be made.

Are you vaccinated?
    Double Pfizer jabbed, doesn't make a difference

Are you vaccinated?
    Are you vaccinated.It doesn't really matter and I don't actually care, I care about some sort of freedom after towing the line and getting my jabs.
    Bunnings, Coles , golf?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Morons everywhere who choose to think of themselves oly
    what does that mean? Covid doesnt know who are morons and who are not.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Are you vaccinated.It doesn't really matter and I don't actually care, I care about some sort of freedom after towing the line and getting my jabs.
    Bunnings, Coles , golf?

I asked because a lot of people are anti lockdown but also carry on about masks, vaccines, QR codes etc.

Good on you for doing what you can to help come out of lockdown and not just whining like a lot seem to. For me second doze of Pfizer coming Friday. They can't fairly open up to vaccinated people until everyone has had a chance to be vaccinated.

I think anyone who chooses not to vaccinate should sign a form similar to a Do Not Resuscitate so if they have COVID issues they don't tie up the medical system. They should also be removed from the target vaccination rates. So 70% of the eligible population who want the be vaccinated done becomes the first goal.

I am converned that anti vaxxers are going to delay the whole thing!

I asked because a lot of people are anti lockdown but also carry on about masks, vaccines, QR codes etc.

Good on you for doing what you can to help come out of lockdown and not just whining like a lot seem to. For me second doze of Pfizer coming Friday. They can't fairly open up to vaccinated people until everyone has had a chance to be vaccinated.

I think anyone who chooses not to vaccinate should sign a form similar to a Do Not Resuscitate so if they have COVID issues they don't tie up the medical system. They should also be removed from the target vaccination rates. So 70% of the eligible population who want the be vaccinated done becomes the first goal.

I am converned that anti vaxxers are going to delay the whole thing!
    I watched some cricket from England on the weekend, probably why I can't understand people not getting the jab.Sitting out in the sun, drinking beer and having a good time.
    We live in the hotspot for covid in Australia, and so many people deny it exists.Even when people are dying from it.

I think anyone who chooses not to vaccinate should sign a form similar to a Do Not Resuscitate so if they have COVID issues they don't tie up the medical system.
    Thats a fair point, I will vote for that. Also no medicare funded treatments for all self inflicted medical conditions caused by smoking, drugs, alcohol and obesity as these all tie up the medical system.
    If people choose to put themselves at risk, then they shouldnt be the taxpayers burden.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Its a great question Joe.

90% of adults in the UK have had one shot, almost 80% two shots.

Death rates are now very low compared to the height of the pandemic.

In Australia, we haven't come to the conclusion that there is an acceptable death rate. Who wants to sacrifice their Mum, Dad or Granny to open up?

What is the way out? I don't have the answer. At this stage it looks like Vaccination, vaccination, vaccination, and perhaps a PM with courage to say that the strategy we had for 0 unavoidable deaths is no longer valid, and we will need to accept there will be human collateral damage.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

The strategy is pretty straightforward. As soon as supply of vaccines outstrips demand open the joint up. Then it’s just a matter of get the vax or get dead.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The strategy is pretty straightforward. As soon as supply of vaccines outstrips demand open the joint up. Then it’s just a matter of get the vax or get dead.
    100%

Joe, I feel for you I really do.
    Vic has probably copped it the worst of everyone the past 12 months….
    Heed the advice do the right thing.
    If you want to hear something stupid……
    Most on here know how close I live to my club, in fact I can’t finish a stubby on the walk home it’s that close!
    But because across a major road it becomes an LGA hotspot I can’t access the club!
    Had a look at timesheets probably 50 a day if that, only those in the LGA and 5km radius are allowed to play etc…
    Talk about ****ing craziness, but that’s the way it is!
    And what about all those out of work, close by that can’t play and are still paying full whack subs for the privilege!
    I miss it, I miss losing my money to the old burglars, having 4 schooners after whilst having a yarn, practice, whatever but that’s just the world we are in atm…..
    Hold on, ride it out!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Joe, I feel for you I really do. Vic has probably copped it the worst of everyone the past 12 months….Heed the advice do the right thing.If you want to hear something stupid……Most on here know how close I live to my club, in fact I can’t finish a stubby on the walk home it’s that close! But because across a major road it becomes an LGA hotspot I can’t access the club! Had a look at timesheets probably 50 a day if that, only those in the LGA and 5km radius are allowed to play etc…Talk about ****ing craziness, but that’s the way it is! And what about all those out of work, close by that can’t play and are still paying full whack subs for the privilege! I miss it, I miss losing my money to the old burglars, having 4 schooners after whilst having a yarn, practice, whatever but that’s just the world we are in atm…..Hold on, ride it out!
    I’m the only person in the clubhouse, with a full bar at my disposal. It takes all of my self control not to drink before 10am.
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I’m the only person in the clubhouse, with a full bar at my disposal. It takes all of my self control not to drink before 10am.
    Lol, I drove past earlier, should have popped in for a lunchtime bevy

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I can see my course from my living room.Its closed for the foreseeable future Its looking very lush and green.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I can see my course from my living room.Its closed for the foreseeable future Its looking very lush and green.
    Why is it closed?
    you in full lockdown there?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

I can drive 77km to go to work. Can’t touch a club. Might as well perform some quality control.
    Forum needs more banter.

Why is it closed?you in full lockdown there?
    Yep. Started Thursday, around 50 cases all up but in schools and TAFE systems.We are hoping we get out by September 2nd. Which year is the next question.

Chopperlink

WITB

Well there you go, best I not sneak in for some practice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. Started Thursday, around 50 cases all up but in schools and TAFE systems.We are hoping we get out by September 2nd. Which year is the next question.
    Ahhhh, hadn’t heard I’ve stopped watching the news weeks ago…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Most on here know how close I live to my club, in fact I can’t finish a stubby on the walk home it’s that close!
    So you're a fast walking slow drinker??

Thread Information