Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    True, this lockdowns really ****ed that up, not many hot backpackers around past 18 months
    You’re one of the unseen victims. Thoughts and prayers mate.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Ok no worries. Well I hope for your sake you're not on the "minority" side when this type of exclusion happens again.
    He’s a left handed redhead. Of course he’s usually on the minority side.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Don't worry, I won't be.
    You don't know that with any certainty at all. Unless you just go along with the masses on everything, which means your opinion on anything has little validity.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    You’re one of the unseen victims. Thoughts and prayers mate.
    Cheers mate, just doing my best to survive!

You don't know that with any certainty at all.
    I'm actually very confident on that. If it's THAT big an issue that it really concerns me, the sane and rational people will, as always, be the majority. And I'll be one of them, as usual.

Unless you just go along with the masses on everything, which means your opinion on anything has little validity.
    That's one hell of a conclusion to reach.

Wow.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Banned

I'm actually very confident on that. If it's THAT big an issue that it really concerns me, the sane and rational people will, as always, be the majority. And I'll be one of them, as usual.

That's one hell of a conclusion to reach.

Wow.
    There are plenty of things, big things that were done over history that are now seen as wrong or done differently now. You can never be sure about what's coming in the future. And to think that the majority are always right? Do you know any history at all? That is such a naive thing to say.
    Last edited by Jazz18; 10th September 2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

There are plenty of things, big things that were done over history that are now seen as wrong or done differently now. You can never be sure about what's coming in the future. And to think that the majority are always right? Do you know any history at all? That is such a native thing to say.
    Native? Are you being casually racist?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    What?

Banned

What?
    Oh, I see. Typo or auto correct. Should be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post

There are plenty of things, big things that were done over history that are now seen as wrong or done differently now. You can never be sure about what's coming in the future. And to think that the majority are always right? Do you know any history at all? That is such a native thing to say.
    I was generally just taking the piss there, as basically this is all this is now.
    GolfMap

Banned

I was generally just taking the piss there, as basically this is all this is now.
    Oh ok. Hard to see the change from vehement to flippant.

In 3,2….

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post

In 3,2….
    I was angling to get that in here...

No dice, sadly.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Jazz18. You mostly right on every point. ( i say only most because i read fast, might be all!)

The government is doing a very good job at turning Australians on each other, even in this close knit community, and thats sad. Wont be long before Dictator Dan can reign in his police.

Most restrictions and lockdowns are to cover the goverments asses, so they can blame us if people die. Remember that most deaths here were in aged care victoria... who screwed that up and blamed everyone else.

Just because someone is concerned about vaccination doesnt mean they are an antivaxxer, doesnt mean they get info from facebook, and doesnt mean they are not well informed, and doesnt mean they are less informed than those who are vaxxed.

Plenty of scientists and health professionals express concern about vaccinations. You can "trust the science" but the wise do know its important to listen to the 1% thats saying the opposite. Thats how science works.

Nobody can get ivermectin nor any other disputed treatment without a prescription. These are not cures either, they treat symptoms.

Why should a person need to be vaccinated who has already had covid. Such a person has better immunity than any artificial vaccine. Early research is supporting this.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Jazz18. You mostly right on every point. ( i say only most because i read fast, might be all!)

The government is doing a very good job at turning Australians on each other, even in this close knit community, and thats sad. Wont be long before Dictator Dan can reign in his police.

Most restrictions and lockdowns are to cover the goverments asses, so they can blame us if people die. Remember that most deaths here were in aged care victoria... who screwed that up and blamed everyone else.

Just because someone is concerned about vaccination doesnt mean they are an antivaxxer, doesnt mean they get info from facebook, and doesnt mean they are not well informed, and doesnt mean they are less informed than those who are vaxxed.

Plenty of scientists and health professionals express concern about vaccinations. You can "trust the science" but the wise do know its important to listen to the 1% thats saying the opposite. Thats how science works.

Nobody can get ivermectin nor any other disputed treatment without a prescription. These are not cures either, they treat symptoms.

Why should a person need to be vaccinated who has already had covid. Such a person has better immunity than any artificial vaccine. Early research is supporting this.
    Yep, agreed. Didn't know about your last paragraph but that sounds promising.

Yep, agreed. Didn't know about your last paragraph but that sounds promising.
    A vaccine is simply an artificial replication of how our immune system responds to virus. ( thats a really basic explanation)
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Banned

A vaccine is simply an artificial replication of how our immune system responds to virus. ( thats a really basic explanation)
    Yep, for sure. But I didn't realise there had been evidence that having the virus and recovering would be more effective than the vaccines themselves.

The papers published on this are very recent, in the last couple weeks, and not yet peer reviewed. Thats understandable because there hasnt been enough time for extended studies.

I *think* that its a university in Israel thats being reported on. Probably not hard to find in google.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Banned

The papers published on this are very recent, in the last couple weeks, and not yet peer reviewed. Thats understandable because there hasnt been enough time for extended studies.

I *think* that its a university in Israel thats being reported on. Probably not hard to find in google.
    Cool thanks for the info

Lefty so fired up!
    Should be at the track at Cairns getting on the cans, lol

Banned

Lefty so fired up!
    Should be at the track at Cairns getting on the cans, lol
    Sounded like he was already on the liquid confidence if you ask me.........

Sounded like he was already on the liquid confidence if you ask me.........
    Races are on there, crowds allowed in, I hope so cause I’d give anything to do that right now!

Banned

Races are on there, crowds allowed in, I hope so cause I’d give anything to do that right now!
    The end of the tunnel is now in sight for us thankfully. Hopefully the Government don't do a backflip on that too.

n
    The end of the tunnel is now in sight for us thankfully. Hopefully the Government don't do a backflip on that too.
    The states have already told us they gonna backflip.

QLD -, she said she will not hesitate to impose snap lockdowns to keep children under 12 safe. (after 80% vaxxed)

NSW-, kept promising more freedoms once 6 million vaccinated, got there end August, gave the state 1 hour outside per day starting in 2 weeks time. Now moved goalpost to 80% double vaxxed, which is due mid nov.

WA- talking up 0 cases target

Vic- I forget what Dictator Dan has recently backflipped on (cant seem him agreeing with Fed govt on anything), and he is still busy working on new permanent state of emergency power legislation.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 10th September 2021 at 05:06 PM.

Banned

n The states have already told us they gonna backflip.

QLD -, she said she will not hesitate to impose snap lockdowns to keep children under 12 safe. (after 80% vaxxed)

NSW-, kept promising more freedoms once 6 million vaccinated, got there end August, gave the state 1 hour outside per day starting in 2 weeks time. Now moved goalpost to 80% double vaxxed, which is due mid nov.

WA- talking up 0 cases target

Vic- I forget what Dictator Dan has recently backflipped on (cant seem him agreeing with Fed govt on anything), and he is still busy working on new permanent state of emergency power legislation.
    It looks like WA and QLD premiers will renege on the national plan to open up at the same time as other states, but you wouldn't expect.anything different from those two politicians. I haven't been bothered to keep up with that detail on the last couple if days though. They change their minds so often.

At this point, I just hope Gladys keeps her promise to lift restrictions at 70% double vaccinated so that we can move around again. People need to be able to get back to work and we need to get back on the path to get kids back to school. They're ones that are baring a huge load here for such a low risk group. The vulnerable are protected and once everyone has had the chance to vaccinate if they want, we should be good to free up a bit more hopefully.

Thread Information