Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    To be fair, Yoss lives in the DPRWA. Under the glorious leadership of Chairman Marko, their young people are free to loiter in Maccas car parks at all hours of the day.
    Sad, but true mate…

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Lack of vaccines as an excuse isn't going to cut it any more. Yesterday we decided to vaccinate our 16yo son and booked him in for the first available Pfizer appointment. He has to wait until.....this evening.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thats due to late cancellations. They need to use the Pfizer because onces its removed from the -80 storage its gotta be used within a day or so or it gets discarded. Freeze/thaw cycles degrades this stuff so thats why.

Likely if you tried to get an appointment next week, they be full for 3 weeks.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Who cares, at least his son is getting his first dose.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    To be fair, Yoss lives in the DPRWA. Under the glorious leadership of Chairman Marko, their young people are free to loiter in Maccas car parks at all hours of the day.
    Sounds quite appealing really.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Yoss sticking up for his people

Chairman Mark would be mad not to at least consider building the wall. Tassie too, although I guess they might rely on the mainland for a fair bit of stuff.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries

I'm 57 years old.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

After sitting in on a Golf Management Australia meeting today I would suggest that if you’re not double vaccinated you won’t have many playing options (let alone clubhouse) in the not too distant future.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    After sitting in on a Golf Management Australia meeting today I would suggest that if you’re not double vaccinated you won’t have many playing options (let alone clubhouse) in the not too distant future.
    And rightly so!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Our leaders have been saying all along we will all be free once we reach 80% vaccinated. So whats it matter if someone isnt.

As it turns out, thats been a lie all along. The goalposts keep shifting.

Next it will be lockdowns until 80% have had booster.s
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

My club has already told people that it is highly likely a condition of entry to the club will be you have to be double vaccinated, or hold a medical exemption, to get in.

Yep, good move pretty sure our club will mandate that…

Could be a stellar year financially if we lose a few members who don't want to walk the line, plenty in the queue with entrance fee cheques in their hands ready to go.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    My club has already told people that it is highly likely a condition of entry to the club will be you have to be double vaccinated, or hold a medical exemption, to get in.
    Clubhouse is all bar a certainty of being legislated. Course will probably be up to the clubs to a fair degree but the number of people who can exercise together will more than likely vary depending on vax status.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Our leaders have been saying all along we will all be free once we reach 80% vaccinated. So whats it matter if someone isnt.

Surely Jesus will save them/you?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Could be a stellar year financially if we lose a few members who don't want to walk the line, plenty in the queue with entrance fee cheques in their hands ready to go.
    Same for us mate, plenty lining up, into the 200’s

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Similar story the city over apparently, clubs that haven’t had joining fees/waiting lists in 20+ years suddenly have unprecedented demand.It will be interesting to watch what happens in say 2 years when hopefully things are back to normal. Will people drift away from golf, will the ones that joined “lessor” clubs feed through to private clubs etc etc.It will also be interesting to see what happens to council owned courses and if the threats to close them go away.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post

Nothing new there from governments and country leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Nemo,

What's the wear on your course like ?

With full fields most days mine is looking a bit worn as we have seen a massive increase in the # of rounds being played due to state and international borders being closed and golf being an allowed exercise.

Greens are fine but tees and fairways are very worn, mind you as we have couch so growing season only started.

We have over 100 on the waiting list.

It’s mint!
    Our fields arnt full due to it being in an LGA
    Apart from the coring of greens and some fairway scarifying etc it’s in great condition, as always!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Reading all the comments about NSW golf clubs booming in times like these, it just highlights the contrast with Victoria’s Covid policies. Clubs in Victoria must be going down the toilet after being closed for 7 months.

I wonder how welcome Dan will be at his club when he eventually decides that we can tee it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Reading all the comments about NSW golf clubs booming in times like these, it just highlights the contrast with Victoria’s Covid policies. Clubs in Victoria must be going down the toilet after being closed for 7 months.

I wonder how welcome Dan will be at his club when he eventually decides that we can tee it up again.
    My boss told me he wasn't very popular before the lockdowns in 2020 so I doubt that would have improved.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Golf clubs are open from tomorrow in regional Victoria. Groups of 4 people are allowed, with no limit on the number of groups….. but no competitions allowed.

Makes sense…..

No competition, lol like wtf?

Banned

I can't believe so many are ok with 2 classes of people based on vaccination status, especially at a golf club of all places. The majority of activity at a golf club outside FFS!!! With 80% of the population vaccinated, how much risk are you truly at? Even now, with cases so high in Sydney, less than 1% of people tested (for the most part) are positive. That's not a huge number.

Vaccinations are not mandatory in this country and for good reason. What about those that can't have the vaccination for other reasons other than choice? What about kids that are under 12 where there is no vaccine available for them? Does that mean they can't play golf or go to a golf club at all because they can't be vaccinated? How are golf clubs qualified to make decisions about a memebers or visitors medical status? Vaccine passports and the like (which is exactly what this is) are not the way forward for Australia. I suppose everyone is ok with the use of QR codes, with no end in sight to that as well? There's also been talk on here that people should recind their rights to medical treatment for COVID if they choose not to be vaccinated? How can anyone say that with a straight face. That's a shocking statement to make. Anyone who thinks that's the way to go (it will never happen thankfully), aren't thinking properly. That's just a simplistic, emotional response.

COVID is obviously dangerous and can kill people. But so can the flu, so can pneumonia, so can a car accident, so can choking on a fish bone, so can a heart attack, so can getting hit in the head from a golf ball. Obviously these are not all the same thing as an infectious disease but the activities that lead to these incidents, all carry that risk. I don't see the Government legislating controls or restrictions sufficient to reduce the risks of all those things, much less lock people in their homes or prevent people earning a living. This is all about risk. Yes, a risk to health but it's about managing and living with that risk.

There are so many things in our lives that carry risk but because over time we are desenitised to most of those risks, we don't even consider them. COVID is a new risk in our world that we have to live with going forward, but that doesn't mean we have to throw all our values out the window and start controlling what people do or don't do based on their medical status. If you want to get vaccinated, great. If you don't, then don't. It shouldn't mean that you have any less rights to live the life you want (within reason of course - some health professions should be required to vaccinate for the wellbeing of patients in at risk groups) compared to those that are vaccinated.

Splitting the population based on their vaccination status is the first step in the wrong direction and feels like the Government has done a great job at scaring the shit out of everyone to the point where they have lost all sense of what living with risk in a free, democratic country looks like.

Thread Information