Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

This shit goes on every 2 days or so!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Only 14 days to flatten the curve!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Talk about a real **** , gives u a headache.SMS you doing this too?
    We shut down. It’s not viable. Seems a few clubs don’t understand the PHO and think that 1 hour of golf is ok.
    Forum needs more banter.

For reference;

24 Exercise or children playing
    (1) A person may leave the person’s place of residence to do the following no further than 5 kilometres from the place of residence—
    (a) undertake exercise,
    (b) for a child who is no more than 12 years of age—to play,
    (c) to supervise a child who has left the place of residence to play.
    (1A) A person must not be away from the person’s place of residence for more than 1 hour per day under this clause.
    Let’s assume 5 mins each way to commute. 5 mins to unpack and check in. Only 5 mins waiting on the tee. You’re down to 40 mins on the course already.

It’s not worth it.
    Forum needs more banter.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

We have laid off greens staff, just as we hit growing season. 2 or 3 blokes now work 2 days a week.

I dislike the club that owns our golf club sometimes

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

My guys are doing coring this week and then will go back to half hours. Money doesn’t grow on trees unfortunately.
    Forum needs more banter.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    My guys are doing coring this week and then will go back to half hours. Money doesn’t grow on trees unfortunately.
    Ainslie always take a position of cutting golf funding before football funding.

The hit they would be taking on the pokies would be quite significant though.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Ainslie always take a position of cutting golf funding before football funding.The hit they would be taking on the pokies would be quite significant though.
    We’ve lost about $160k in revenue inside the clubhouse so far. Anyway, maintaining the course to a vaguely decent standard isn’t too tough on skeleton staff. Bunkers only need attention if it pisses down. No hole cutting. Do the greens every second day. Rough once a fortnight. Fairways weekly at most. Just needs a ramp up for a few days before reopening. It’s losing spray programmes that might be an issue.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

We’ve lost about $160k in revenue inside the clubhouse so far. Anyway, maintaining the course to a vaguely decent standard isn’t too tough on skeleton staff. Bunkers only need attention if it pisses down. No hole cutting. Do the greens every second day. Rough once a fortnight. Fairways weekly at most. Just needs a ramp up for a few days before reopening. It’s losing spray programmes that might be an issue.
    Is 160k predominately pokie money or combo with functions, presume after costs you just cover member service.

I was walking past a couple of closed hotels near me that some mob shelled out upwards of $120m for in the last two years. Whilst its a property play, even multi millionaire publicans must be struggling with cash flow without the punters availing themselves of the entertainment to be had in the "VIP Lounges"

What are the pokie people doing with their cash, punting something else or saving it, surely some will never go back to shovelling their hard earned into those things.

More bar than gaming. We only have 14 machines - just enough to provide a little cream rather than to be relied on (at least that’s the hope).

I must admit to being blind on the whole “VIP Room” thing when I moved back. I stayed in the CBD the night before my first interview and just wanted a quiet beer and saw a sign out the front. Wasn’t entirely what I was expecting.
    Forum needs more banter.

VIP rooms must be one of those things thats banned in Qld ! ( but one existed in the Valley basements )

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    VIP rooms must be one of those things thats banned in Qld !
    Intelligence?
    Forum needs more banter.

Well... we sent you back And then put a wall up to keep all the mexicans out.

Just read that extra part about testing. Who knows how practical that is? Regardless a few of our lads are getting the jab next week.
    One got in with a walk up today. Super and his 2IC hastily rebooked at Qudos Arena for tomorrow.Love it when the team work together to make things work.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

One got in with a walk up today. Super and his 2IC hastily rebooked at Qudos Arena for tomorrow.Love it when the team work together to make things work.
    Nice work. We had >100 staff from the LGAs of concern listed in our records as at Monday morning as being unvaccinated. That number is down to 40 now and will drop further by the end of the week. Turns out the alternative of getting swabbed daily is incentive enough for most. It’s likely to be mandatory by the end of Sept so assume their paycheck will be sufficient incentive for the rest of my staff across the state soon enough too.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

The concern is with the bar crew (and this is my lingering doubt about getting the nation to 80%). All younger and a fair chunk showing resistance to getting vaxxed, even after being told that in all likelihood nobody will be allowed to work in hospo without it.

I hope I’m wrong but it’s a hunch that the young ones are going to **** it up for the rest of us.
    Forum needs more banter.

Vic covid booking site crashed this morning due to the volume of "youngies " trying to book

The concern is with the bar crew (and this is my lingering doubt about getting the nation to 80%). All younger and a fair chunk showing resistance to getting vaxxed, even after being told that in all likelihood nobody will be allowed to work in hospo without it.

I hope I’m wrong but it’s a hunch that the young ones are going to **** it up for the rest of us.
    100% agree with this….

Blog Entries

Ok boomer

Mate, honestly no idea what its like over your way……
    But I’m on the road in and around Sydney’s east, inner west and a few other LGA hotspots for work.
    The amount of people around doing the wrong thing is phenomenal, and I mean lots of young people, say 16-mid twenty’s.
    Most should be at home schooling anyway, the rest are taking the piss, getting the govt handouts and just loitering around cafes and Macca carparks and the like.
    They will be the next wave and will **** it up for the rest of us, especially in Sydney.
    You can crow all you like and snigger and laugh and take the piss but when so many people that own and operate their own small business, especially something im involved with its crippling, not just financially but mentally too……

Blog Entries

I'm definitely not trying to minimise or make fun of anything anyone is going through. I just don't think a sweeping generalisation about young people stands up to much scrutiny.

I respect your comment but it’s a reality especially from what I’ve seen on a daily basis…
    Maybe not where you are but it is in Sydney in the hotspots…..

I respect your comment but it’s a reality especially from what I’ve seen on a daily basis…Maybe not where you are but it is in Sydney in the hotspots…..
    To be fair, Yoss lives in the DPRWA. Under the glorious leadership of Chairman Marko, their young people are free to loiter in Maccas car parks at all hours of the day.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

They will be the next wave and will **** it up for the rest of us, especially in Sydney.
    Young people 20-29 already are the most infected age bracket and has been for sometime, with a survival rate of 99.98%

95% of current cases are not in hospital. There is no data reported on what age brackets are hospitalised but there is a fair chance that its stuff all young people.

Member Club Pro

Arguably the younger age brackets (below 40) are the most affected by the lockdowns, they are also the last to get access to vaccinations, the most likely to be casual employees, most likely to be living in smaller houses/apartments and most likely to be living with kids.

Those wondering why the 70/80 targets are important, this is the explination from the Doherty Institute
    https://twitter.com/TheDohertyInst/s...53048050536449

Its not just the death rate to be concerned about, its the hospitalisation rates that really worry me (nurse wife and plenty of nurse friends). 'Opening' back up not just means more in hospital with Covid, but more in hospitals for other things like increased car, workplace, sporting, other accidents. Even without Covid a lot of hospitals around the country were struggling with ER wait times and available beds as well as staffing levels.

Thread Information