Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Covid-19

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

My mates wifes positive test this week has resulted in them cancelling xmas with his and her families.
    They're over joyed!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Why get tested?
    Because it isn't about you, but those who are already struggling with significant health issues?Last thing I want to do is give my mother undertaking chemo a dose of Covid whilst she is already struggling

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

No use trying to explain it to the "It'S jUsT tHe fLu WiTh A dIfFeReNt NaMe" crowd. You'd get more sense from a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    No use trying to explain it to the "It'S jUsT tHe fLu WiTh A dIfFeReNt NaMe" crowd. You'd get more sense from a brick wall.
    I resemble a brick wall, thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    What difference does it make? I got tested, so I can decide whether to WFH or office for the rest of the week, and so the relatives (several over 70) that I planned to see over the weekend can be informed and make a risk assessment for themselves.
    i thought with new rules dont need to get tested (hence the test is not free anymore), unless its severe, so I hoped you were not. Though i am sure the facists will point out where I am wrong even if not. I just figure now that if we have symptoms of any kind of flue viral infection we do the right thing and stay away from those at higher risk, such is the rellos. Thus you woudl have pulled a work sickie and done the right thing and kept your perfect record intact

though I guess the new normal is that we dont get sickies anymore, we just WFH instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Because it isn't about you, but those who are already struggling with significant health issues?Last thing I want to do is give my mother undertaking chemo a dose of Covid whilst she is already struggling
    wasnt Andy's reply to my question to him good enough?you said exactly the same thing. Sorry to hear about your mum. if you have any symptoms you should stay away from her, no test is going to give you a pass, you dont want to give her a contagious virus of any kind.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I took a rapid antigen test for my COVID result. No need to pay for a PCR test.

Current Qld advice since we are currently at an Amber level is the following:
    If you get COVID-19:
    • register your RAT result
    • stay home until you’re well again
    • use the healthdirect Australia COVID-19 Symptom and Antiviral Eligibility Checker
    • wear a mask for 7 days after you test positive
    • avoid visiting hospitals, aged care, or disability care for 7 days after you test unless you are receiving care
    • ask household members to closely monitor symptoms.
    • You should always stay home if you’re sick, maintain good hygiene and keep up to date with your vaccinations.
    Traffic light advice | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government (www.qld.gov.au)

I did not register my RAT result, since they wanted my email address.
    FWIW I took sick leave for Monday to Thursday, as I was legitimately too sick to work those days, even from home. I started trying to work yesterday, but was very congested, and decided that I was only working because I had already had three consecutive days off, but if assessed at any other time, it would have still been a sick day.

I'm much improved today, although still COVID positive, with fatigue, a cough, and sniffles being the current symptoms. I'm not sure if I will get asked for a doctor's certificate from work, because I didn't get one, but usually it would be required for multiple consecutive days. Just saying COVID may be enough to get me off there, without evidence, although I did take a photo of today's test just in case.
    Last edited by AndyP; 23rd December 2022 at 11:43 AM.

You may test positive for a week or so after even, though ok, which is why once you test positive you don't need to test again anymore, just wait your chosen days, if you choose to.
    Yes, it's out there, and we do need to start living with it! But that doesn't mean we need to invite it in. The flu was a contributer to about 900 deaths in Australia in 2019, which was nearly triple the usual average. Covid associated deaths are at about 16000, with the vast majority of those this year, and with the spike starting around September last year. It isn't just another flu, not yet anyway. It will probably end up that in time. But not yet.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

I'd like to say, it's really surprising to see how many people are in the emergency waiting room or coming into emergency without a mask on, considering the last two years.

I'd like to say it's surprising!

But it's really not!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    The CDC doesn’t agree with you, they’ve now finally decreed they’re similar yet caused by different viruses.

Hope Xmas was full of special cuddles Andy

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    I'd like to say, it's really surprising to see how many people are in the emergency waiting room or coming into emergency without a mask on, considering the last two years.

I'd like to say it's surprising!

But it's really not!
    What do you expect? People can’t stop shoving junk in their fat gobs and that’ll kill them faster than not wearing a mask. .

Thread Information