Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Double Pfizered as of 15 minutes ago.

The centre in Canberra Hospital is getting people through at an impressive rate

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Double AZ Zero effects, finally got my certificate today to say I am fully jabbed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

I’ll be double Pfizered on Wednesday. It’s good to be back using their quality products.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'd rather get the virus than have to endure anymore opinions from Victorians on how to do a "hard lockdown".

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    I'd rather get the virus than have to endure anymore opinions from Victorians on how to do a "hard lockdown".
    I’d rather Ebola than that.

Take your 6.0 and jam it up your #Istandwithdan

1 x AZ for me voluntarily I’m my 30’s. Heavy traveller, clocked 80+ flights last year, 60+ this year already.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Sickening, isn't it?

I've had both Pfizer jabs. Got a bit sick on the night of the second, and a bloody sore arm after the first. No big deal. I would be fairly comfortable having the AZ, but was lucky enough to have a missus to register us early when our age group became available.

You don't have to get vaccinated because of the virus, but you should get vaccinated so you are part of the increasing numbers that have been vaccinated, otherwise the lockdowns will never end.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Sickening, isn't it?

I've had both Pfizer jabs. Got a bit sick on the night of the second, and a bloody sore arm after the first. No big deal. I would be fairly comfortable having the AZ, but was lucky enough to have a missus to register us early when our age group became available.

You don't have to get vaccinated because of the virus, but you should get vaccinated so you are part of the increasing numbers that have been vaccinated, otherwise the lockdowns will never end.
    The greatest thing about vaccination is it counts to the stat that somehow dictates life is normal.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Had both Pfizer jabs.

A number of people on here already know this, so I’m not really giving away too much private info., but I teach medicine / public health at university. I don’t know a single doctor, either in private practice or the NSW health system, who didn’t get vaccinated asap. A number of the younger ones took AZ voluntarily. No conspiracy theories here, although I have noticed spoons sticking to me now for some reason.

There are definitely some side effects (normally worse after first AZ and second Pfizer which is interesting) but they clear normally within 24 hours. Will be interesting to see what difference Moderna (another mRNA vaccine with similar efficiency to Pfizer according to US data) makes to vaccination rates when it likely approved for use here in the next week or so.

Both jabs of AZ done, wife too. So, too, my 86yo parents who had no side affects what so ever.
    Ping G430 10K 10.5* Ping Tour 65S Shaft
    Royal Collection 18* 5 Wood
    Ping G425 3/4 Hybrid Stock Regular
    Cobra MIM King 4-GW PX LZ 5.5
    Ping Glide 3.0 56/60
    Scotty Newport

Blog Entries

Both AZ for me with no side effects from either, not even a sore arm!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Have any of the forum's female members opted for a boob jab?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...072f567e7dd1d7
    Forum needs more banter.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It’s only Shaz!

Banned

1x Pfizer here. Second one due on Thursday.

The lockdowns have gone way too far now. People need to be given a date by which they can get vaccinated and if they choose not to, so be it. That's their choice. We need to get back to personal responsibility. Then all restrictions can lift and we can get back to normal. I think most of us are pretty damn sick of being played by politicians and unelected medical bureaucrats for political expediency and a single minded agenda. Well I am any. And don't get me started on that idiot Hazzard and the new AMA President's comments from about a week ago. It would be great to see the fear mongering and rhetoric stop.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I’m double Pfizer’d and can report no increase in boob!

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    I’m double Pfizer’d and can report no increase in boob!
    Boooooooo!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Two AZ'd for me. I was badly fatigued for a day after the first one, but nothing after the second.

But as of 6.00pm today, I'm in lockdown for the next week.

Not that it will make much difference to my lifestyle. Indeed, if golf is considered essential exercise activity (and I think it is), the only thing that will change is no Roast of the Day and one schooner twice a week.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    1x Pfizer here. Second one due on Thursday.The lockdowns have gone way too far now. People need to be given a date by which they can get vaccinated and if they choose not to, so be it. That's their choice. We need to get back to personal responsibility. Then all restrictions can lift and we can get back to normal. I think most of us are pretty damn sick of being played by politicians and unelected medical bureaucrats for political expediency and a single minded agenda. Well I am any. And don't get me started on that idiot Hazzard and the new AMA President's comments from about a week ago. It would be great to see the fear mongering and rhetoric stop.
    Gee whiz

Still waiting to be eligible although I think with this big vaccination thing opening in Brisbane I should be able to register now. Whenever I'm able to I'll be getting mine.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I got my 2nd AZ back in June. First one knocked me about a bit - rought night of fever/nausea - but 2nd one caused no problems. I'm 37, but was part of the earlier 1B group.

I've had both jabs of AZ, last one in mid July.

First jab on a Friday arvo followed by a night of fever & pains but no reaction at all after the second jab.

I met category 1b and had my first AZ in the first week I could, fully vaxxed for a while now. Mrs had to wait for a while due to being very sick at the start of the year and her doc wanted he to wait, but as soon as she was able to get AZ they ended up with extra doses of Pf at the local clinic and she was able to queue up and get that. Daughter also got Pf then too. Only my 16 year old son to go.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Booked for my first PF 5th of September

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Sickening, isn't it?

I've had both Pfizer jabs. Got a bit sick on the night of the second, and a bloody sore arm after the first. No big deal.
    I got my 2nd a few hours ago, suddenly getting hit with a bit of vertigo which I havent had for a couple years now. Hopefully i can go for spin in the bedroom later, its better than been drunk!

This is what bothers me. The threat of denial of our freedoms are causing many people to compromise on their better judgement and submit to being injected with an unproven vaccine, me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    After seeing Thalidomide kids my age at the beach when growing up, I'm in no rush to be at the front of a new drug queue.
    Exactly!

The bottom line is that young and healthy people do not need to get vaccinated at all. They have said from the beginning that 8 out of 10 people would only feel a mild illness if that, similar to vaccine effects. There really is no point to vaccinating everyone, only the elderly and unhealthy need it.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 17th August 2021 at 09:46 PM.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Had my first Pfizer jab about a week ago. No side affects apart from slight ache in my arm. Missus had hers the day after and her arm was really sore and need some pain killers on the first night.

Booked in for our second jab 2nd week of September.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I got my 2nd a few hours ago, suddenly getting hit with a bit of vertigo which I havent had for a couple years now. Hopefully i can go for spin in the bedroom later, its better than been drunk!This is what bothers me. The threat of denial of our freedoms are causing many people to compromise on their better judgement and submit to being injected with an unproven vaccine, me included. Exactly!The bottom line is that young and healthy people do not need to get vaccinated at all. They have said from the beginning that 8 out of 10 people would only feel a mild illness if that, similar to vaccine effects. There really is no point to vaccinating everyone, only the elderly and unhealthy need it.
    Hope the vertigo has eased off. I get it occasionally and it’s annoying. Of course young fit people should get the vaccine. Every vaccine is intended to be given to young people, that’s the whole point of them and why we get them as kids. This is no different and they’re remarkably safe. Thank god Facebook wasn’t around in the 50s or we’d still have kids in iron lungs.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Thread Information