Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Default Handicapping question

How can 2 players shoot the same score (and have the same adjusted gross on golflink) in the same stableford comp but have different "played to" or score differentials on golflink? It happened today.
    I'm sure my score is wrong as I had the same score 2 rounds back. Everything identical except the raw score differential and score differential. If you compare the top line with the 3rd line, they should be the same but instead of played to 6.8 I got played to 8.0 which is wrong imo. Both played from the same tees at the same course.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rodent; 6th July 2021 at 04:36 PM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Were they both stableford comp rounds?

And did you have any wipes in either round?

And if you had any wipes, did you record the actual gross score (i.e. tap in for double so recorded a 6, as opposed to recording a 'wipe')?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

If you can provide the other guys golf link record, and both scorecards in full. then we might see what the difference is.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Stableford. I wiped the 18th. I had 8 over. The course rated +2. So I can't understand how that is treated as 7 over instead of 6 over.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

If it is scores one and three in your image, then I can't figure out why the raw score calculated is different.

Senior Member Major Winner

Rounding?

Blog Entries

Bonus of excellence?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    If it is scores one and three in your image, then I can't figure out why the raw score calculated is different.
    Exactly. It has happened with other scores on the day too. I noticed such an anomaly a few weeks back on another guy's golflink record as well.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Depends on how the points were made up I guess. Wipes count as a double, so as MArk says need to compare the 2 cards.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Depends on how the points were made up I guess. Wipes count as a double, so as MArk says need to compare the 2 cards.
    Adjusted gross has already taken that into account. If two people have the same adjusted gross, they must have the same score differential. Anyway, I rang golflink who told me the club should unprocess and reprocess the comp. The office isn't open yet so I haven't spoken to them.
    Just checked golflink and wow. Spot any differences?
    Before:

After:

Attached Images
    Last edited by Rodent; 7th July 2021 at 08:54 AM.

The 3rd round down the list that has had PCC changed from +2 to 0 seems odd. In a field of 60, 37 pts was the winner. 2nd 36, 3rd and 4th 35, 5th 6th 7th 34. 53 players from 33 down to 10pts. Lowest 5 markers were 0, 1, 1, 3 and 4 hcp. They scored 32, 32, 32, 32 and 29. More than 2/3 of the field had 30 or less. Seems to me the PCC of +2 would be a lot more accurate than 0.

p.s 2 weeks ago 13 of 75 players had 36 or better with 41 winning. 8 players 37 or better. PCC=0 So they determine that day equivalent to last week when it was raining all day and the scores were poor. Yeah right.
    Last edited by Rodent; 7th July 2021 at 09:45 AM.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I am more confused than I was before!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I've had a couple of jobs at our club over the years ..Club Captain and Pennant Captain for years because nobody else was dumb enough to take it on and Secretary for about 15 years for the same reason . Never handicapper though even with the Golf Link era it'd be a hiding to nothing ... That'd be sure lunacy .

I have had about a decade away from the game so I'm starting all over again . So far I've lodged two cards for handicapping just recording raw scores of course . Our exact CCR is 65.1 and the slope rating is 112 . Card one was 43 -44 87 and the second card was 43 -42 -85 ... In the old days the maximum for handicapping on you card was a double bogey (I think) so the worst you could return was 36 over par I guess .. How it all works now !!!! I have no idea .

Quote Originally Posted by leftyrod View Post
    I've had a couple of jobs at our club over the years ..Club Captain and Pennant Captain for years because nobody else was dumb enough to take it on and Secretary for about 15 years for the same reason . Never handicapper though even with the Golf Link era it'd be a hiding to nothing ... That'd be sure lunacy .

I have had about a decade away from the game so I'm starting all over again . So far I've lodged two cards for handicapping just recording raw scores of course . Our exact CCR is 65.1 and the slope rating is 112 . Card one was 43 -44 87 and the second card was 43 -42 -85 ... In the old days the maximum for handicapping on you card was a double bogey (I think) so the worst you could return was 36 over par I guess .. How it all works now !!!! I have no idea .
    Net double bogey

Thread Information