Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Your making birdies so all is not going that bad.Your not getting trapped trying to fix a poor position with one shot compounding the problem are you?
    Certainly a large mental component. I think playing the course so often I get a bit complacent and don't give some of the holes enough respect. I need to slow down and think a bit more.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Whatever it was it would have been one fewer without the airy.
    Good FISHing today then šŸ˜

Quarter finals of the 4BBB matchplay today. Got it done in 3 extra holes.

We played okay. Our opponents had quite a few rubs of the green today. Few chip ins and long putts sunk. In comparison we couldnā€™t get anything to drop. Lucky to get through.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Good FISHing today then
    Iā€™ve released a statement. I wonā€™t be taking questions at this time.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Quarter finals of the 4BBB matchplay today. Got it done in 3 extra holes. We played okay. Our opponents had quite a few rubs of the green today. Few chip ins and long putts sunk. In comparison we couldnā€™t get anything to drop. Lucky to get through.
    Congrats on getting through.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

34 points at Thaxted today (17/17)

Wiped the first and doubled the second. After that I played ok. Par on most of the tough holes including 7,9 and 18.

16 continues to elude me. I cannot play that hole well at all. Honestly I need counselling for that tee shot. It's not even that difficult but it's got my number big time. Played 18 great, 3 wood to the corner, 6 iron from 155 to 10 feet then burned the edge. Another highlight was a 4 iron from the fairway bunker on 9 from 185 onto the green.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

18/07/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 5/11 fairways, 7/18 greens, 28 putts.
    Score: BPPbXbPXB PbPBBbPBP; 39:33:72 (+4:+1:+5); stab 16:21:37pts.
    Played to 6.3. Golflink: 7.8 (-0.6).

Not a particularly great ball striking day, and far from boring with two doubles, two shanks, a hitler, and four birdies. Battled slicing all day, but had some good moments too, and putted really well.

Highlight of the day, was having my playing partner comment on my kakaaaa birdie celebrations. He mentioned that he hadn't heard someone do that since he had played with a group of guys for a few days near Cairns. Bushy was part of that group, of course.

Next round: My Saturdays have unexpectedly opened up, so I'm playing a Par comp. Excellent!
    Last edited by AndyP; 19th July 2021 at 10:56 AM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

4BBB matchplay today, giving away 5 to one guy, and 16 to his female partner.

I had 31 points thru 15 holes with two wipes and 11 pars, and we still got towelled. Some days it just happens!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    34 points at Thaxted today (17/17)Wiped the first and doubled the second. After that I played ok. Par on most of the tough holes including 7,9 and 18. 16 continues to elude me. I cannot play that hole well at all. Honestly I need counselling for that tee shot. It's not even that difficult but it's got my number big time. Played 18 great, 3 wood to the corner, 6 iron from 155 to 10 feet then burned the edge. Another highlight was a 4 iron from the fairway bunker on 9 from 185 onto the green.
    34 is still pretty good. Remind me - 16 is the long-ish right to left par 4? Then 17 is the shorter left to right one? 16 should suit your draw? Or play it as par 5, 7i, 7i, wedge, take your 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    18/07/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 5/11 fairways, 7/18 greens, 28 putts.
    Score: BPPbXbPXB PbPBBbPBP; 39:33:72 (+4:+1:+5); stab 16:21:37pts.
    Played to 7.4. Golflink: 8.0 (-0.4).

Not a particularly great ball striking day, and far from boring with two doubles, two shanks, a hitler, and four birdies. Battled slicing all day, but had some good moments too, and putted really well.

Highlight of the day, was having my playing partner comment on my kakaaaa birdie celebrations. He mentioned that he hadn't heard someone do that since he had played with a group of guys for a few days near Cairns. Bushy was part of that group, of course.

Next round: My Saturdays have unexpectedly opened up, so I'm playing a Par comp. Excellent!
    Itā€™s growing

18/07/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.Stats: 5/11 fairways, 7/18 greens, 28 putts.Score: BPPbXbPXB PbPBBbPBP; 39:33:72 (+4:+1:+5); stab 16:21:37pts.Played to 7.4. Golflink: 8.0 (-0.4).Not a particularly great ball striking day, and far from boring with two doubles, two shanks, a hitler, and four birdies. Battled slicing all day, but had some good moments too, and putted really well.Highlight of the day, was having my playing partner comment on my kakaaaa birdie celebrations. He mentioned that he hadn't heard someone do that since he had played with a group of guys for a few days near Cairns. Bushy was part of that group, of course. Next round: My Saturdays have unexpectedly opened up, so I'm playing a Par comp. Excellent!
    Afraid to ask, but what's a "hitler"?

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    34 is still pretty good. Remind me - 16 is the long-ish right to left par 4? Then 17 is the shorter left to right one? 16 should suit your draw? Or play it as par 5, 7i, 7i, wedge, take your 2 points.
    Correct. It should suit me perfectly. I just have a horrible record on that hole. I think the issue is I need to trust my draw to start it out over the big drop off on the right. Lack of trust in my swing? Not a bad idea to change strategy. I'd take a 5 there any day.I was still happy with 34 as I played pretty decent golf between 3 and 15.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Afraid to ask, but what's a "hitler"?
    two shots in a bunker

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

18/07/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.Stats: 5/11 fairways, 7/18 greens, 28 putts.Score: BPPbXbPXB PbPBBbPBP; 39:33:72 (+4:+1:+5); stab 16:21:37pts.Played to 6.3. Golflink: 7.8 (-0.6).Not a particularly great ball striking day, and far from boring with two doubles, two shanks, a hitler, and four birdies. Battled slicing all day, but had some good moments too, and putted really well.Highlight of the day, was having my playing partner comment on my kakaaaa birdie celebrations. He mentioned that he hadn't heard someone do that since he had played with a group of guys for a few days near Cairns. Bushy was part of that group, of course. Next round: My Saturdays have unexpectedly opened up, so I'm playing a Par comp. Excellent!
    Nice 37 points.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Nice 37 points.
    Thanks. Birdies are fun, but a round with lots of boring pars would be more satisfying.
    Last edited by AndyP; 19th July 2021 at 12:14 PM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

22 points... might be the best score i ever had without losing a ball.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    two shots in a bunker
    Whats 3 shots in a bunker?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Shit šŸ˜

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    A Frank

A very frustrating 32 points for me today. I'm hitting the ball quite well, but my short game is terrible. Instead of picking up shots through good chipping and putting I'm trying not to drop shots around the greens. Without much success.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Member Club Pro

DQ on a stoke event after losing a ball off the on 12th. No provisional as I'd smashed it down the centre, but heavily slopped fairways has done its thing.
    Went to reload, but saw 2 groups behind us waiting and I had a shit score going, starting with a 2 foot miss for birdie on the 1st).

We were slow, playing with decent blokes with bets going on, but they kept waiting for each others turn, waiting for the 'right' person to hit off etc.

Not many, but more than some at Mackay.

24/07/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Par.

Stats: 3/11 fairways, 8/18 greens, 31 putts.
    Score: XPPPXPPPB PPBPBBBXP; 41:38:79 (+6:+6:+12); par 2-:3-:5-.
    Played to 12.7. Golflink: 7.9 (+0.1).

Another day of battling the slices, and when I sort of got it under control on the back nine, the short game abandoned me. Because it was par scoring I held the score together early with enough pars, but I was leaking too much to hold on in the end.

Once again, I double bogeyed the fifth, with three chips before keeping it on the green. If I can get rid of the zero gain shots throughout a round (shanks, chunks, knife chips), then scores would be several shots better.

Next round: Sunday Wolly Park social with friends, although I may enter comp as well.
    Last edited by AndyP; 24th July 2021 at 06:14 PM.

Ordinary 25 points in the Oxley comp today. Didn't really expect to score well in the strong winds but expected better than that. Managed a birdie on the same hole as last time, and my longest ever drive at 320 metres, however it was wind assisted šŸ˜œ still enjoyed it though and hit the fairway at least.

I'm losing a lot of shots to hooking mid to long irons, and general duffed shots, or generally wayward approaches even though the ball striking itself is good. Asked about Saturday lessons today as it's pretty much the only time I have, and will be getting into that when their junior clinics finish up in a few weeks. Hopefully it helps me hit it better and more consistently.

more poor golf from me today for 34 points. The positive was that I got some chips close and holed some putts. The negative was that I couldn't hit greens from the middle of the fairway, so I needed the up and downs, and a few more of them.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information