After a way too long lay off from the great game I've rediscovered the wonderful sport again with a passion . I was happy to find the ozgolf forum and hope I can join in on some great topics here .

I have played (left handed) since 1974 and the age of 14 at our local club which is in the Fingal Valley a little inland on the east coast of Tasmania . When I took my spell from the game I was playing badly of a 12 handicap . The best I got to was 6 during the late 1980's to mid 1990's and played in a very successful Div 3 Pennant side about that time and into the early 2000's .

Our club was nearly lost due to a variety of reasons and only the bowls component of our dual club saved us . Now the club is slowly gaining back regular players (of which I'm one) and the 9 green 18 tee 4875 metres (5290 yards) par 67 (men) and par 68 (women) thanks to the intrepid volunteers is looking a treat . They do great work and visitors are astounded by the course these days . Added to that and thanks to fantastic social nights and functions the club can offer a $70 per year (excluding capitation fees) membership and $10 daily green fees or the humungus outlay of $20 for a whole weeks fees for visiting players . No green fees apply if you have a hit with us in the Saturday comp that costs you $5 which includes a feed at the conclusion .

Last week I put in my first handicap card and shot 85 with my 20 year old clubs ...essentially playing to about a 20 handicap via the slope rating but I never enjoyed playing badly so much . It's awesome to be back in the fold again ...How good is golf !!!!!