Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Played a bit better yesterday than Saturday, had 30 points playing off 18 at Murwillumbah. This game was just social as no comp on. My ball striking was a little better but I struggled to read the greens and ended up with 39 putts . Landed in a few bunkers but didn't have much trouble getting out, actually felt confident in them. Highlight was a 292m drive, beating my previous best the day before by 3 metres.

I really enjoyed all three courses we played, and I think they're gonna make it an annual event which will be awesome.
    Next round on Sunday at wolston park in the social club.
    Where’d you stay mate?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Where’d you stay mate?
    Just in a motel in Byron. Can't remember the name of it now but was within walking distance of the main drag.

Senior Member Major Winner

Just in a motel in Byron. Can't remember the name of it now but was within walking distance of the main drag.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Better than yesterday but not by much.

33 points today, was awful off the tee, with 3 out of every 4 tee shots seeing me scramble from the trees.

A pennant stalwart for our club, Kevin Naismith, had 40 points of +2 today. Fair effort

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Next round on Sunday at wolston park in the social club.
    I thought you were avoiding Wolston Park. Can you pull out a whole group, so I can get a spot in the morning, as there are no members slots available?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Kelsey, what was the condition of Murwillumbah like? Someone told me this week its gone to the dogs
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I thought you were avoiding Wolston Park. Can you pull out a whole group, so I can get a spot in the morning, as there are no members slots available?
    That was howeston haha. Not the biggest fan of wolston park either but I enjoy the social club a lot so I'll go wherever they're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Kelsey, what was the condition of Murwillumbah like? Someone told me this week its gone to the dogs
    There was nothing wrong with it on Sunday. Maybe a couple of small areas here and there that could be fixed up but nothing ridiculous. Tee to green was in decent condition, my only gripe was that I couldn't read the greens, but they rolled true enough.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Hole in one on the 8th at Keperra in the Saturday comp.
    Rest of the round was mostly rubbish...
    You were in the wrong thread, although I'll admit to never having to search for the Hole In One thread.

No Holes In One, but my best game in the last 20 games today for 38 points, replacing my best flag round with a new best flag round.

Strangely, I didn't play sensationally well, but I didn't hit many bad ones, and only missed one short putt. Holing all the 3 footers helps the score a lot!
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

An annoying 34 points today which should have been 6 shots better.

When I checked the results, it wasn't all bad. I won a ball, a NTP worth $30, and only lost .1 so should be off 11 vs my opponent in Handicap Matchplay Semi Sunday. Accidentally nailed it 🤣

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

19/06/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 4/11 fairways, 2/18 greens, 32 putts.
    Score: BXBBBXXBX BPBBPBBBP; 48:38:86 (+13:+6:+19); stab 7:15:22pts.
    Played to 22.2. Golflink: 8.2 (-0.0). SCH: 8.0 (-0.0).

Absolute trash. If I want to score better, I at least need to look after myself better and make sure I am getting more sleep.

I didn't hit a green until the 8th, then three putted that. My first par was on the 11th, but the thing that hurt was bogeying both of the holes that I hadn't bogeyed this year. Nothing felt right, and the short game was the worst that I can remember.

Next round: I'm meant to be in Sydney next weekend, but if it gets COVID-canned, I'll look for a Sunday round.

I did one worse today at Wolston Park with an 87/68. Too many blowout holes either due to bad luck or poor execution. I don't like the greens there much, although I putted ok with 31, chips and pitches just skid on rather than checking up (or whatever the term is). I did have what would have been an eagle on the 7th but off the social tees just a birdie, even though the tees are practically in the same spot 🙄. Not the worst but didn't really feel like I got into any sort of rhythm today.
    Next round back at Oxley on Saturday.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

9 down, what even is golf

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

More of a "this month" post for me. Can't put a score together at my home course, 4 rounds in a row around 78-80, with 12 doubles in those 4 rounds! Hitting it well, just compounding my errors. But at the opposite end of the spectrum I've been playing really well in pennant, 3 wins and a loss against really good opposition. A good comp round has to be around the corner...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    More of a "this month" post for me. Can't put a score together at my home course, 4 rounds in a row around 78-80, with 12 doubles in those 4 rounds! Hitting it well, just compounding my errors. But at the opposite end of the spectrum I've been playing really well in pennant, 3 wins and a loss against really good opposition. A good comp round has to be around the corner...
    That many doubles and still shooting 78-80 suggests you're still doing a lot of things right.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    That many doubles and still shooting 78-80 suggests you're still doing a lot of things right.
    Yeah. Get rid of those wasted shots and I'm looking pretty good.

I did one worse today at Wolston Park with an 87/68. Too many blowout holes either due to bad luck or poor execution. I don't like the greens there much, although I putted ok with 31, chips and pitches just skid on rather than checking up (or whatever the term is). I did have what would have been an eagle on the 7th but off the social tees just a birdie, even though the tees are practically in the same spot 🙄. Not the worst but didn't really feel like I got into any sort of rhythm today. Next round back at Oxley on Saturday.
    The 7th is a par 4 from the social tees, which is 387m, but it is 438m from the blues. Where did you play from?Sometimes I like the greens, other times I don't. At the moment, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    The 7th is a par 4 from the social tees, which is 387m, but it is 438m from the blues. Where did you play from?Sometimes I like the greens, other times I don't. At the moment, I don't.
    We played from the white tees, but I completely forgot about that tee box up behind the 6th green. My bad 😅 so for us it was a par 4. I found it relatively easy to read the greens and get my lines on target, some I left a little short but overall I enjoyed putting on them. I just hated trying to land on them.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Had 37 points at the Glades yesterday in second comp round back.

It was good enough for 3rd in B Grade and 6th overall.

Results still not uploaded to golflink though interested to see what it does to the handicap.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

32 points from me today. Nothing special, although I started with a chip-in birdie and finished with a 30 footer for birdie. A triple for a wipe on a shot hole was the downside of the day.

My playing partner got his ball to jump over a bunker and then hole his putt for 2 a 4, then hit a good one at the next par 3 for 2 a 4, and at the last par 3 thinned one to 2 feet and 2 a 3. Three birdies on the par 3's and only one good shot on them. He won't be complaining about his bad luck for a while.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

34 points.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thread Information