Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Golf tour operators

Hi All,

With the international borders closed I am looking at travelling around Australia a bit and playing some courses.

Most of my friends aren't able to join due to lack of time and/or lack of funds.

Can anyone recommend any tour operators that they have used and liked.

I've done a bit of research and their seems like alot of companies but I imagine there's some good ones but trying to avoid the bad ones.

I am 38 years old and play off 8. Would prefer tours that are pretty golf heavy and less sightseeing tours included.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I have used golftourismaustralia.com before for a melbourne trip. I have no idea whether he was cheap/expensive but he organised our ratbag group with great efficiency and care. I would use him again.

Not sure if any tour operator would work out well for a wallflower though, many courses wont take singles bookings. Might be better off joining those junket events like mastersgames.net.au or events run by Gogolfing.net.au or any state MidAmateur
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

https://teedupgolftours.com/

G
    iven it seems you are looking to join a group rather than organise one, I'd just go with someone who has been doing it for a long time like Teed Up.

There is another mob out of Melbourne https://www.thetravellinggolfer.com.au/ that have been emailing me for ages so I presume like Teed Up, years in the business is a positive sign.

I've done a lot of trips but never on my own so can only recommend Teed Up via secondary sources. The mail was the trips were great but expensive. One bloke who has never been on any other trips told me it was expensive so not sure what his comparison was.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Signature Golf Tours on the Gold Coast are good, run by one of our previous Club Professionals, Michael Hansen.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

This post isn't quite on topic, but when I first moved to Ballina there was a local guy who did golf tours of the Northern Rivers of NSW. He couldn't make it pay and eventually chucked it in. His primary whinge was that the groups he hosted wanted 5 star service at a 1 star price, which included away from golf activities for non-golfing partners and organised dinners at the 'best restaurant in town' etc.

His other major complaint was that he simply couldn't please everybody in the group. Someone would always be unhappy. He said he actually preferred the groups who wanted to drink first and play golf second. They had lower standards, apparently. .

Judging from this feedback, and from people who have gone on organised golf trips, most golf tour operators cater for large groups only. The individual might feel left out.

Personally, I'd just do what Maza has done, and organise my own golf trip without depending on other people and their agendas.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Just travel to places where OZgolfers are, and play with them.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    This post isn't quite on topic, but when I first moved to Ballina there was a local guy who did golf tours of the Northern Rivers of NSW. He couldn't make it pay and eventually chucked it in. His primary whinge was that the groups he hosted wanted 5 star service at a 1 star price, which included away from golf activities for non-golfing partners and organised dinners at the 'best restaurant in town' etc.

His other major complaint was that he simply couldn't please everybody in the group. Someone would always be unhappy. He said he actually preferred the groups who wanted to drink first and play golf second. They had lower standards, apparently. .

Judging from this feedback, and from people who have gone on organised golf trips, most golf tour operators cater for large groups only. The individual might feel left out.

Personally, I'd just do what Maza has done, and organise my own golf trip without depending on other people and their agendas.
    Yea, just hook the caravan up and go!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

If you are looking at doing Tassie stuff, I am in the process of setting up a company myself.

As well as golf, I will be offering travel options, Fly Fishing, Offshore fishing, Whisky, Wine and Food diversons!

PM me if anyone is interested.
    regards,
    pete
    Last edited by petethepilot; 11th May 2021 at 08:57 PM.
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by petethepilot View Post
    As well as golf, I will be offering travel options, Fly Fishing, Offshore fishing, Whiskey, Wine and Food diversons!
    pete
    Sounds like fun Pete! Next time I'm in tassie.

Pete. Looking forwardto all of the above, except fishing, food and wine.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by petethepilot View Post
    If you are looking at doing Tassie stuff, I am in the process of setting up a company myself.

As well as golf, I will be offering travel options, Fly Fishing, Offshore fishing, Whisky, Wine and Food diversons!

PM me if anyone is interested.
    regards,
    pete
    You’ll need a rub and tug after all those activities. Do they have them in Tassie? Blakey ??

I have never been to Tassie!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thanks for replies guys. The teed up yours are expensive but they are luxury.

The go golfing ones look good but as a non drinker probably not my cup of tea.

Will probably just end of doing the whole caravan thing as suggested.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    You’ll need a rub and tug after all those activities. Do they have them in Tassie? Blakey ??
    Check out the Kingston Beach staff mate
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BVB21 View Post
    Thanks for replies guys. The teed up yours are expensive but they are luxury.

The go golfing ones look good but as a non drinker probably not my cup of tea.

Will probably just end of doing the whole caravan thing as suggested.
    There are some courses that let you stay at for a small fee in the caravan.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Social Golf Australia have a few 4 day or so events planned for this year; Gold Coast, Melbourne, and NZ.

Thread Information