Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

96/77 at Gailes in my social club yesterday,for 32 points. I haven't played there a whole lot despite it being close by, first round under 100 there 😳 however I'll be playing in some comp days there and possibly McLeod as well just to mix it up a bit.

I drove the ball pretty well hitting 9/14 fairways and a couple of others still in reasonable position. Just couldn't capitalise on it only hitting two greens, but I'm happy that I'm at least putting myself in good position off the tee more than I used to. My pitching and chipping was off as well with quite a few duffed. 32 putts wasn't too bad.

The par 5 18th somewhat summed up the day. Hit a nice drive down the fairway, a 5 wood that finished a few metres short of the green then duffed a chip that could have resulted in a birdie. I ended up with par in the end, hopefully on Saturday I'll have my short game back to normal again.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

4BBB (Stroke) Champs with Bushy on the weekend.

We coordinated poorly on the first day to finish with 74/70, but pulled it back to something respectable with 70/66 on Sunday.

Individually I continued my recent run of good form, shooting 75 & 76 (with a triple!).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Been a while between rounds, so had a hit today.Never good when you open with a par, 25 points for the day

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

First game for a month for me today, and it showed. 29 points, and shot after shot thrown away around the greens.

My distance control was awful as well. If I was 70 metres out I hit it either 85m or 55m, and then stuffed up the chip.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

First round under my handicap in over two months this morning, which was nice.

BbPPPXbBP-PPPbBbBPP 73/38pts

3 putted 6 & 16, poor tee shot cost me on 1 & 14.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    First round under my handicap in over two months this morning, which was nice.

BbPPPXbBP-PPPbBbBPP 73/38pts

3 putted 6 & 16, poor tee shot cost me on 1 & 14.
    Nice round, could have been great without the 3 jiggles
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

32 points this week including 4 wipes. A bit of a disappointing end to the round, I have got myself back to square with 2 holes to go and I promptly wiped both of them.

In general my game is feeling pretty solid but a couple of big blocks with the driver hurt.

33 points at Oxley today. Nothing really worked well, I'd have two or three good holes then a blowout or two. I did play better on the back 9 but overall nothing to write home about.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I have got the golf bug back in a major way after about 10 years away from the game.

Stupidly played Brookwater for the first round back and struggled for an 109 after not hitting a single fairway.

After a few more range sessions I managed an 85 at caboolture last week which I was very pleased with.

Handicap is at 17.6 which I got after a short lived return at the start of last year so it'll be interesting to see how I go playing to it over the coming months.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Welcome back to golf and OZgolf, Zac.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

90/75

Lots of crap in there but did string a few nice holes together on the back nine.

4hr and 42 mins did my bloody head in considering we turned in under 2 hours 🙄

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

29/05/2021, Wolston Park GC, Gold Tees, Stroke.

Stats: 4/11 fairways, 8/18 greens, 31 putts.
    Score: XPBPPPBXP PXPPBPPXP; 41:37:78 (+6:+5:+11).
    Played to 12.0. Golflink: 8.9 (+0.3). SCH: 7.7 (-0.0).

This was the final round of the club championships, which I hadn't been playing, so the tees were as far back as they could go, and the pins were in nasty positions.

After my best round with the driver last week, it went back to being ordinary yesterday, and dragged my score down with it. I did have a few good hits with it, and I think I figured it out on the last, but we'll see.

Plenty of greens hit, but with the tough hole positions, I was constantly left with downhill putts that I had to be careful with, and while I was putting them close, I couldn't get any to drop. I needed some birdies to counter the four crappy doubles made.

Next round: Wolston Park Stableford on Sunday.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Shoalhaven Heads Open.

First up, it's a ripping little course. Greens are pure and fast.

Fairways are mint, just a couple of tees need to be returfed but struggle with no sunlight.

Unfortunately, as the 2nd last group, our round took 5 hours and 10 minutes, and we played the last three holes after sunset.

18 was fun, hitting blind tee shots, finding it, then aiming at the green which was visible from clubhouse lights 50m away. I blame the darkness and dropping 9 shots to par in the last four for my score

Great event, great track. But if I play it again, I am getting an early tee time.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Half Moon Bay Open two day event on the weekend.

88 / 77 (par 70) Saturday and 87 / 76 on Sunday. Not playing for a month prior to two rounds of stroke wasn't ideal preparation but I had some good stretches of play. It was just that when I had a bad hole I really messed it up. The greens running much quicker than usual also added to the fun.

The course is in good shape at the moment, despite the recent wet weather.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Shoalhaven Heads Open.

First up, it's a ripping little course. Greens are pure and fast.

Fairways are mint, just a couple of tees need to be returfed but struggle with no sunlight.

Unfortunately, as the 2nd last group, our round took 5 hours and 10 minutes, and we played the last three holes after sunset.

18 was fun, hitting blind tee shots, finding it, then aiming at the green which was visible from clubhouse lights 50m away. I blame the darkness and dropping 9 shots to par in the last four for my score

Great event, great track. But if I play it again, I am getting an early tee time.
    Awesome course, how big are some of those greens. Lots of volunteer work keeps it in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    Awesome course, how big are some of those greens. Lots of volunteer work keeps it in good shape.
    It was only my second round there, but it won't be my last. I really enjoy playing there, and the way it changes direction, bringing the wind into play makes it a great challenge.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Not one to comment in these a hell of a lot, but by **** it was so, SO nice to have a decent score on the back of some decent play on Saturday.

It's no secret I'm struggling BADLY with form at the moment, and have had some rounds with decent scores while still hitting it like shit, and some shit scores while hitting it semi-decent, so to hit it semi-decent and score well was really nice.

An even par 72 for 40 points (sadly giving up a soft bogey on 17), but I hit driver well, and didn't miss a single putt that I shouldn't have (a hell of an achievement in itself). Irons still have a lot of work to do, but new ones are on the way anyway, so **** the Mizzies.

A crisp 4i to 1.28m on the 210m 14th the highlight.

72-4-68 (40 pts)
    3 birdies, 3 bogeys (all three extremely soft, sadly), 12 pars
    11/14 effective tee shots
    9/18 GIR
    26 putts
    3/4 sand saves
    4/6 up n downs

Cap reduction from 4.3 to 3.6

I'm in no way assuming the slump is over and fairly sure this is a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation, but **** me it was so nice to not walk off the course wanting to stab myself in the eyes with a broken shaft (which was regularly supplied by myself at some point during my recent rounds...)
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Not one to comment in these a hell of a lot, but by **** it was so, SO nice to have a decent score on the back of some decent play on Saturday.It's no secret I'm struggling BADLY with form at the moment, and have had some rounds with decent scores while still hitting it like shit, and some shit scores while hitting it semi-decent, so to hit it semi-decent and score well was really nice.An even par 72 for 40 points (sadly giving up a soft bogey on 17), but I hit driver well, and didn't miss a single putt that I shouldn't have (a hell of an achievement in itself). Irons still have a lot of work to do, but new ones are on the way anyway, so **** the Mizzies.A crisp 4i to 1.28m on the 210m 14th the highlight.72-4-68 (40 pts)3 birdies, 3 bogeys (all three extremely soft, sadly), 12 pars11/14 effective tee shots9/18 GIR26 putts3/4 sand saves4/6 up n downsCap reduction from 4.3 to 3.6I'm in no way assuming the slump is over and fairly sure this is a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation, but **** me it was so nice to not walk off the course wanting to stab myself in the eyes with a broken shaft (which was regularly supplied by myself at some point during my recent rounds...)
    Well done Lefty, and good to hear no shafts were harmed during the round. 😁

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Not one to comment in these a hell of a lot, but by **** it was so, SO nice to have a decent score on the back of some decent play on Saturday.

It's no secret I'm struggling BADLY with form at the moment, and have had some rounds with decent scores while still hitting it like shit, and some shit scores while hitting it semi-decent, so to hit it semi-decent and score well was really nice.

An even par 72 for 40 points (sadly giving up a soft bogey on 17), but I hit driver well, and didn't miss a single putt that I shouldn't have (a hell of an achievement in itself). Irons still have a lot of work to do, but new ones are on the way anyway, so **** the Mizzies.

A crisp 4i to 1.28m on the 210m 14th the highlight.

72-4-68 (40 pts)
    3 birdies, 3 bogeys (all three extremely soft, sadly), 12 pars
    11/14 effective tee shots
    9/18 GIR
    26 putts
    3/4 sand saves
    4/6 up n downs

Cap reduction from 4.3 to 3.6

I'm in no way assuming the slump is over and fairly sure this is a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation, but **** me it was so nice to not walk off the course wanting to stab myself in the eyes with a broken shaft (which was regularly supplied by myself at some point during my recent rounds...)
    As long as you had fun.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I wanna be like you Shazza!! Well played.
    Just swear a lot, hit pull shots into overhanging trees, and say get effed blakey and you got it
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Well done Lefty, and good to hear no shafts were harmed during the round.
    Thanks Dave, but they still went very close a couple of times....
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    As long as you had fun.
    No one said anything about fun. Specifically not mentioned.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

No one said anything about fun. Specifically not mentioned.
    You have conquered the game. Now do it with 11 clubs.

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information