Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Thaxted Park April 18

Flavzz has offered to host us at Thaxted Park.

7:47am
    1. Flavzz
    2. BobsYourUncle
    3. DMG
    4. nadg63 (very light pencil)

-----------------------

Some previous plans of mine have been cancelled, so now I find myself without a game of golf this Sunday morning, but permission to have one.

Anyone interested? Either to host me or play somewhere neutral?
    Last edited by BobsYourUncle; 16th April 2021 at 03:14 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

2nd green at Thaxted is Mickey Mouse. 3 circles melded in the shape of his head.

Edit: I mean shape of mouse head. Can not assume in these days in Western society whether Mickey was male, transgender, LGBTQICLPOMD or other.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    2nd green at Thaxted is Mickey Mouse. 3 circles melded in the shape of his head.Edit: I mean shape of mouse head. Can not assume in these days in Western society whether Mickey was male, transgender, LGBTQICLPOMD or other.
    On 2 I couldn't always tell where the pin was until I got a rangefinder. Much easier now.The good thing with Thaxted is it really demands you to read the green from all angles. Agree a few of the greens are rough such as 2 and 6 but there's some that are just difficult and need careful attention such as 4,5,7,11,12 etc. 5 and 7 can be particularly in nasty if you leave yourself above the hole when the greens are running fast.

The old 2nd was one of the worst greens. Now the 3rd but kept same shape and flattened slightly. It used to have at least 5 degrees more slope than the 4th which is still tricky if slick.

Not to mention the 40m roll back from the drive on the old second up the hill.

The old 2nd was one of the worst greens. Now the 3rd but kept same shape and flattened slightly. It used to have at least 5 degrees more slope than the 4th which is still tricky if slick.

Not to mention the 40m roll back from the drive on the old second up the hill.
    Oh, it can still do that! I chipped out sideways from the left, (only option), it landed then turned 90* right and it ended up rolling many metres back towards the tee!
    Last edited by nadg63; 20th April 2021 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    Oh, it can still do that! I chipped out sideways from the left, it landed turned 90* right and it ended up rolling many metres back towards the tee!
    Think you will find that is talent.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    Oh, it can still do that! I chipped out sideways from the left, it landed turned 90* right and it ended up rolling many metres back towards the tee!
    Think you will find that is talent.
    That would be a LOFT problem then. Lack Of F***ing Talent.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Ease up on the criticism of #2, that was the only hole I birdied!

Thanks for the hit on the weekend guys (I've been away = slow response). Flavzz played some very good golf.

I was ordinary - pretty solid off the tee, but mostly downhill from there, particularly with approaches to greens. Shot 82. Missed more than 1 green with a wedge, which is terrible. Limited highlights for me include the aforementioned birdie on #2 after taking it on and driving pin high just right of the green to get up & down for birdie. Also enjoyed flushing a 3 wood through the green on #14 (504m par 5), but a poor chip from a downhill lie meant I only made par. I enjoy Thaxted, and look forward to playing there again, hopefully a bit better next time.

The greens are tricky, but they roll true so you can make putts on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Ease up on the criticism of #2, that was the only hole I birdied!Thanks for the hit on the weekend guys (I've been away = slow response). Flavzz played some very good golf.I was ordinary - pretty solid off the tee, but mostly downhill from there, particularly with approaches to greens. Shot 82. Missed more than 1 green with a wedge, which is terrible. Limited highlights for me include the aforementioned birdie on #2 after taking it on and driving pin high just right of the green to get up & down for birdie. Also enjoyed flushing a 3 wood through the green on #14 (504m par 5), but a poor chip from a downhill lie meant I only made par. I enjoy Thaxted, and look forward to playing there again, hopefully a bit better next time.The greens are tricky, but they roll true so you can make putts on them.
    I forgot about that. Driving it greenside from the back markers on 2 was impressive, a very deserved birdie. The fact we all made 5s on 14 in very different ways was hilarious. I almost hit 2 balls in the left hazard. Your drive on 12 was a ripper too.
    Last edited by Flavzz; 21st April 2021 at 10:10 AM.

Thread Information