Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    This didn't last long...

I shot 74 for 39pts yesterday to win A Grade.
    He’s back!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

This didn't last long...I shot 74 for 39pts yesterday to win A Grade.
    Nice one. What did you change up?
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Horseshoe on the last was disappointing.
    4 birdies is always a bit of help if you’re not exactly hitting it that great.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Nice one. What did you change up?
    I was holding a bit too much tension in my upper body (upper arms & shoulders in particular), so I just focused on relaxing a little and swinging within myself.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I was holding a bit too much tension in my upper body (upper arms & shoulders in particular), so I just focused on relaxing a little and swinging within myself.
    A limoncello or two before the round might help too.

Well done on the comeback, and ending the run of those mid-20 scores.

Senior Member Major Winner

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

This didn't last long...I shot 74 for 39pts yesterday to win A Grade.
    Good one, Courty.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

94/75 at Keperra on Sunday (1-1. Drove it pretty well although it took a little while to get into the groove there. I hit 7/13 fairways with 5/7 on the back 9. Unfortunately the radar with the irons was off and I kept missing greens, mainly to the right, although the actual contact was nice and clean. Pitching and chipping was pretty good though, and 30 putts this time which I was happy with.

Back at Oxley this Sunday for the comp there. Hopefully I can score better this time, had a few rounds of mediocre scoring there recently.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

First round since MM in March.Been struggling with a sciatic nerve, then, while doing the lawns in bare feet managed to walk on some rusty steel the mower flung up and ended with a foot infection.So after not having swung a club for 5 weeks, I had 35points.I am stoked with that score, 6 over thru the first 9, 1 over for the back.
    0 birdies for the day,4 chances

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

It was nice to get back on the course after a rain-affected absence of a few weeks. I tried the Matsuyama pause, in honour of the great man, but it didn't work for me the way it works for him. There may be a talent gap between me and him, as well. 30 points was a poor score, but about right for the way I hit the ball. I just didn't have anything quite working, so not even any highlights to report.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

14/04/2021, Howeston (Weston/Westward), Solo.

Stats: 6/14 fairways, 7/18 greens, 33 putts.
    Score: BXBPBPPBB BPPBPXPbB; 43:39:82 (+7:+4:+11).

No warmup, so the first few holes were very dodgy, but after that there was no excuse for how poorly I was hitting it. If the driver had a hosel, I would have had a couple of shanks with it too, not that the irons were that much better (but not shanking).

Hitting my third into the par 4 11th still 100m away, I flicked a switch and got the swing working properly most of the time, with just the occasional hiccup. 4 from 5 fairways and 6 from 7 greens after that. Putting was decent, but a little difficult to be consistent, when the greens were very dewy, then dried, plus the mowing was getting done, while I was there.

Hopefully I can catch any swing issues a little earlier in the next round.

Next round: Wynnum with a couple of OZgolf spunks.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Forgot to post my round last Thursday - an un-remarkable 76 for 35 points.

Hit the ball really well today, drove well, chipped & putted well - just couldn't get my approaches close enough, only hit 5 GIRs. Lack of practice there is definitely costing me shots. Still, a pretty good round.

PPPPPPbBB-PBPPPPBBP 75/36 points

I played at Howeston last Saturday (Howard/Weston), it was still quite damp from all the rain recently. I liked the soft greens but my head wasn't quite in it. Still kept up my recent improvement in tee shots hitting 7/14 fairways so happy with that. Ended up with 91 off the stick in the end, dropped off in GIR lately, hopefully will rectify that on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    I played at Howeston last Saturday (Howard/Weston), it was still quite damp from all the rain recently. I liked the soft greens but my head wasn't quite in it. Still kept up my recent improvement in tee shots hitting 7/14 fairways so happy with that. Ended up with 91 off the stick in the end, dropped off in GIR lately, hopefully will rectify that on Sunday
    Their greens were softer than soft.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Their greens were softer than soft.
    So were the surrounds, at least on one hole. Went left of a green on a short par 3 and it plugged. The whole ball was just about below the surface. 😂I probably won't go back anytime soon, wasn't my most favourite course I've ever played.

So were the surrounds, at least on one hole. Went left of a green on a short par 3 and it plugged. The whole ball was just about below the surface. ������I probably won't go back anytime soon, wasn't my most favourite course I've ever played.
    I'd go back for sure for a hit with mates, but it is a bit too far from home for me. $20 for unlimited holes is great value, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. The walks between a few holes was a bit annoying though.

Is it really busy on a weekend? If it was super slow, then that might change my opinion a bit too.

I'd go back for sure for a hit with mates, but it is a bit too far from home for me. $20 for unlimited holes is great value, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. The walks between a few holes was a bit annoying though. Is it really busy on a weekend? If it was super slow, then that might change my opinion a bit too.
    It wasn't overly busy, but it appears to attract those who are just there to muck around, came across a group like that early on but they let us through. Those walks were a bit annoying to me too. It's a fair way from me as well and considering I can play Oxley for about the same price and only drive 5-10 minutes I'd rather go there. Or Gailes, McLeod, Jindalee are all close by as well.

It wasn't overly busy, but it appears to attract those who are just there to muck around, came across a group like that early on but they let us through. Those walks were a bit annoying to me too. It's a fair way from me as well and considering I can play Oxley for about the same price and only drive 5-10 minutes I'd rather go there. Or Gailes, McLeod, Jindalee are all close by as well.
    It doesn't compare with a member's course, but Corinda, Vic Park, and St Lucia would be better comparisons as a public courses, where you are not restricted in when you can play. It is much better than Corinda, and much cheaper than the other two.

It doesn't compare with a member's course, but Corinda, Vic Park, and St Lucia would be better comparisons as a public courses, where you are not restricted in when you can play. It is much better than Corinda, and much cheaper than the other two.
    Yeah, I haven't been to St Lucia for about a year, and Corinda since I was about 16. It is the cheapest of pretty much all of them that are closer to me, however I don't mind paying a bit extra to play on a better course and not drive 40+ minutes to get there. I usually only play once a week so it's not too bad.

Default WDYSTM - April 2021

Terrible play yesterday- hurt my wrist on Friday. But I made a one on the second last hole of the day - good for 30pts.

Last edited by BUSHY; 18th April 2021 at 09:34 AM.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

PAR today, missed a 5 footer on the last to finished 1 up, so square for me today.

1 down going out and 1 up coming in.

I'm actually really pleased with it, as my putter was as cold as a witches t###. Longest putt I dropped all day was 6 foot
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Played pretty consistent today at Thaxted. 84 off the stick for 38 points from the blue tees. Missed a few birdie opportunities but also made a few long par saves so it evened out. 7 pars, 10 bogeys, 1 double. Just need to tighten up the driver and confident I can start to break 80.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Terrible play yesterday- hurt my wrist on Friday. But I made a one on the second last hole of the day - good for 30pts.

Well bowled Bushy, how much did the shout cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Well bowled Bushy, how much did the shout cost you?
    I offered but was quickly shutdown.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Great work Bushy. That's the old 17th right? Not an easy home to make one in either!

Thread Information