Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default What did you shoot March 2021

Stableford
    33 points
    Can't buy a putt,short game is solid.Had 6 birdie putts for donuts,scaring the shit out of the hole with chips and putts.Cant find a fairway,but scrambling is strong.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

A triple, 3 doubles and 14 decent holes. 85/75 off the plates today.

Good pennant form.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A dull and unexciting 32 points for me today. Not much else to say. At least it was dry, after three wet Wednesday games in a row.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

33 points: finished wipe, wipe.

Hit it slightly left on 17 (par 5), had to hit a hooking 4 iron, smoked it, whacked a one inch branch 50m away and ended in a hazard, lost ball. Haven't been playing well and struggled to keep my head above water all day only to give it up at the death, very disappointing.

Positive: Hit wedge (113m) to 20cms on the 15th, so picked up an NTP.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Played a reasonable steady round at North ADL, Par, Birdie, Par start then a roll of bogies and the odd par after that. Lots of waiting as were in a two waiting on a four (that were walking), who in turn were waiting on groups of two's and three's playing in carts.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Welcome to sleepy Adelaide!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

A new record for me today, and not in a good way.

I went out this morning with one goal: hit fairways. I was going to judge how well I played purely on how many fairways I hit (still playing proper golf, not hitting 9 irons off the tee). I hit 1 fairway. Never before have I hit so few fairways.

I did have "effective" fairways on 1, 2, 7, 17 and maybe 18 (had to hit over trees from the rough, but not blocked).

Given all that, I'm actually pretty happy with my 34 points, pars on 8, 14 and 15 were effectively birdies after chipping out from the trees. 6 GIRs, 27 putts. Sunk some nice putts today, but other than 16 they were all for par or worse.

PPBXPPPPP-BBPBPPbBP 77/73 34 points

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Medal day

The last 4 holes are just so damn hard, especially into a southerly. It feels disappointing, but I'll take 77 from the back.

Hit 15 and spun it off the front. Bladed chip.

Missed 16 short right. Death. Chunked chip.

Bad drive on 17 caused me to punch out.

First time using my modern equipment this year.

Victor Harbour started off with double, bogey, double and a run of bogeys and a couple of pars to turn in 9 over. Driving was reasonable but into the green was rubbish.
    Started to get a better feel on the greens after 6 holes and that turned the game around. Nine putts on the back and better chipping to bring it in 3 over for the back nine.
    Only a stupid double on 12 and a run through the green bogey on 17, the stumbles on the back nine.
    Comp round and played to a 10.5 on a strange course, so pretty happy.

81/73 in The Penrith Open today 44-37
    Here is the winners card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

MM today,almost wasn't going to play due to long weekend and a sore back.
    Story of the day was 36 putts,I can't buy anything.
    78/71 for the win

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    MM today,almost wasn't going to play due to long weekend and a sore back.Story of the day was 36 putts,I can't buy anything.78/71 for the winSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Congrats on the win, Joe.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Congrats on the win, Joe.
    Cheers Dave

After three rounds of rubbish I finally had a reasonable day today at Mt Warren Park in a social club game, hitting 87 (68 nett). My irons were better today which helped a fair bit. 33 putts, a couple of 3 putts when I ended up miles from the hole but no others. 7/13 fairways, 5/18 greens. I've been happy with the driver lately, not just accuracy improvement but my distance has been quite consistent around 230-240m with the odd one 250+.

Highlight of the day was an eagle on the 2nd (our 11th) after hitting the green in two and making the longish putt, guessing around 8-10m. First eagle I've ever made and hopefully not the last. I hit another par 5 in two earlier in the round but missed the putt, but got birdie.

Pretty happy with today, only lost one ball which went in the water because I completely forgot the hazard sneaks across the fairway on that hole and hit a 3 wood straight into it 🤦 oh well.

bPPBPbBPP-bbPPPPBXb even par 72... which was only good enough for a 1-down loss in our pennant final today.

My opponent had 3 birdies and an eagle on the front nine - it's a bit rough making birdie on a par 4 and losing the hole. Very happy with how I played - sure I could look at the double on 17 and think "what if?" but really I did well to take it as deep as I did.

6/14 fairways (11/14 effective), 8 GIR, 24 putts (!)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

07/03/2021, Gailes GC, Blue Tees, Social.

Stats: 7/15 fairways, 6/18 greens, 25 putts.
    Score: XBbPPBXbb BbPBBBPPP; 40:39:79 (+3:+3:+6). Played to 6.3.
    Self-Calculated Handicap (SCH): 8.0 (-0.1)

Gee, I came in here pumped about my 4 birdies in today's round, but the posts above me have an eagle, and five birdies. Way to bring me down, guys, and well done.

4 birds may be a record for me, likely an equal record; I actually don't remember, so I should record it somewhere, but probably won't. Equal PB at Gailes too, which I've played many times.

I also had a few shocker holes today though, especially early, plus a couple of shanks on the back nine. I found a sweet spot with my iron striking in the second half of the round, which was very, very nice. Please let that continue, while I try to get more consistency with the driver. 25 putts is kinda handy too.

I'm still happy with my decision to not pay the $15 comp fee, despite missing out on posting a flag score. Paying that just to get a handicap update isn't worth it, when I now just track my own to monitor progress.

Next round: Yet to book something for next Sunday. Maybe another arvo round, if this is how I play.
    Last edited by AndyP; 7th March 2021 at 06:12 PM.

Round 5 of pennant at Federal today. Couldn't hit the range with driver in the warmup and decided 3 wood was the order of the day.

Won the first, lost the second, won 4 and 5 to be 1 under* through 5 and playing super.

A dumb double on 6 brought me back to earth, but then finished strong for a 21* point front 9 and 2 up.

Made bombs on 9 and 10 for parring halves, missed a downhill sliding 4 footer on 11, and went fully retard 12 and 13 to go one down.

Won 14 after he missed 40 left off the tee, won 15 after he shanked his second 40 left. Halved 16 to be one up, two to play. Dumped a wedge in the front bunker, then lipped out the 25 footer for par on 17. He was 20 foot under the hole and had 2 putts to win. He went 4 foot past and missed...

18 was squared in bogies where we both had chances to make 4, and I shoot 37/8ish points to win one up.

That was easily the biggest grind match I had ever been involved in and great fun. The team took 4 games to 18, but lost 4-2, but remain top of the ladder.

*conceded putts I would have made.

I genuinely felt drained after today. That was hard work.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

First comp round of Golf in over 3 years Roughly. Didn't realise it was MM off the blacks and for some reason I decided to walk and carry the 18 which the results showed.

95/77 (par 70) which included a 9 on a par 3 with 5 shots out of a bunker. Also started the round with 6 shanks each time I had an iron in my hands, I was so scared to hit an iron I took a hybrid from 130.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    Also started the round with 6 shanks each time I had an iron in my hands, I was so scared to hit an iron I took a hybrid from 130.
    Nice! You need this thread: Shanks by OZgolfers I'm a regular visitor at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Round 5 of pennant at Federal today. Couldn't hit the range with driver in the warmup and decided 3 wood was the order of the day.

Won the first, lost the second, won 4 and 5 to be 1 under* through 5 and playing super.

A dumb double on 6 brought me back to earth, but then finished strong for a 21* point front 9 and 2 up.

Made bombs on 9 and 10 for parring halves, missed a downhill sliding 4 footer on 11, and went fully retard 12 and 13 to go one down.

Won 14 after he missed 40 left off the tee, won 15 after he shanked his second 40 left. Halved 16 to be one up, two to play. Dumped a wedge in the front bunker, then lipped out the 25 footer for par on 17. He was 20 foot under the hole and had 2 putts to win. He went 4 foot past and missed...

18 was squared in bogies where we both had chances to make 4, and I shoot 37/8ish points to win one up.

That was easily the biggest grind match I had ever been involved in and great fun. The team took 4 games to 18, but lost 4-2, but remain top of the ladder.

*conceded putts I would have made.

I genuinely felt drained after today. That was hard work.
    Well played Beno.Grinding out a win can be satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Well played Beno.Grinding out a win can be satisfying

This playing sober is worth about 4 shots a round to me

I don't like it

Chopperlink

WITB

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    First comp round of Golf in over 3 years Roughly. Didn't realise it was MM off the blacks and for some reason I decided to walk and carry the 18 which the results showed.

95/77 (par 70) which included a 9 on a par 3 with 5 shots out of a bunker. Also started the round with 6 shanks each time I had an iron in my hands, I was so scared to hit an iron I took a hybrid from 130.
    Welcome back, Waddzy!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Round 5 of pennant at Federal today. Couldn't hit the range with driver in the warmup and decided 3 wood was the order of the day.Won the first, lost the second, won 4 and 5 to be 1 under* through 5 and playing super. A dumb double on 6 brought me back to earth, but then finished strong for a 21* point front 9 and 2 up.Made bombs on 9 and 10 for parring halves, missed a downhill sliding 4 footer on 11, and went fully retard 12 and 13 to go one down.Won 14 after he missed 40 left off the tee, won 15 after he shanked his second 40 left. Halved 16 to be one up, two to play. Dumped a wedge in the front bunker, then lipped out the 25 footer for par on 17. He was 20 foot under the hole and had 2 putts to win. He went 4 foot past and missed...18 was squared in bogies where we both had chances to make 4, and I shoot 37/8ish points to win one up.That was easily the biggest grind match I had ever been involved in and great fun. The team took 4 games to 18, but lost 4-2, but remain top of the ladder.*conceded putts I would have made.I genuinely felt drained after today. That was hard work.
    Well played, Wayne. Good luck for the next round.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Ran into the brother of a bloke who was a really good mate in school, last week at the course.
    He contacted me to see if I wanted to join him for a game today, with his brother, who I hadn't seen for many years.

Was really great to catchup with him, and it was like old times.

Any way on to the golf.
    Started on the back nine, which is my least favourite and duly flubbed around for 16 points, including a wipe and 3 jab on the 18th.

Got to the second nine and my preferred, hit a nice drive down the first on the right side, leaving myself 167m out, hit 6 iron, very thin, didn't get more than 10 foot off the ground and ran along the turf for the last 40 mtrs, up on to the green and into the hole for the worst eagle in golfing history, 2 for 5.
    I got on a roll and after a birdie on the last hole managed a 1 under off the stick 35 for 24 points coming in and 40 points.

Cap into 7.9 too
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Another eagle! Screw you, guys, and well done on the overall score, Chappy.

Thread Information