Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

39 points around Corowa today,
    Nothing more than a 5
    Two eagle putts (both missed)
    Pretty happy

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

36 points this morning with 37 putts. Just couldn't buy one, hitting 9 GIR was a nice change though.

Had a better (and drier) day today at Woodford in the social club, ending up with 84 (45/39) and 43 points off 19. 6 fairways, 9 greens which was nice, 6 of them on the back 9 which we played first. 32 putts. Pitching from 60-70m in was on point almost every time, regularly putting it within about 10 feet. Also hit a number of nice approach shots. Fell away a bit on the second 9 after being +2 after 10 holes but overall pretty happy with how I played today and hopefully can keep it up and improve on it. Next game on Saturday in the Oxley comp.

43 points is great. Win the comp?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Played the front 9 at Thaxted today and shot 39 (+3). Played quite well par'ing the first 5 holes. Missed a couple makeable birdie putts too. I'm working on a few things to reduce my natural draw which seems to be working.
    2 FWYs
    5 GIR
    17 putts
    PPPPPBPBB
    Last edited by Flavzz; 28th March 2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    43 points is great. Win the comp?
    Cheers. Third, there were two others on 46 points haha. The winner deserved it though, he was +2 off the stick playing off 12.

Not just one but two 46s? Wow. Short course? Some short courses can get taken apart by higher handicappers when they have a good day, Sandy Gallop up in Ipswich is a bit like that.

I'm a bit late this week.

Usual Thursday morning comp:
    PBbbPPBXP-PBBPPPBPB 77/33pts

Driver was poor, only 2/13 fairways with it, and a couple of larger misses that cost shots. Putting was good.

Social round at The Pat today (off the whites):

Before anyone gets too carried away, they're renovating the 14th, so the 4th played as a short par 4 (so birdie, not eagle) and the 14 was replaced by a short par 3 (so bogey there, not par) - making it a 1 over round, not my first under par . Still, I was playing a different game compared to Thursday, drove the ball really well (thoroughly enjoying the new shaft). Wedges could've been a bit more dialled in, if I was to complain about anything. Shout out to making par on the 10th after air-mailing my drive into the creek behind the green. Drop, chip & putt.

I really do enjoy the layout at the Pat. Pace of play was very good today too, not too busy - although the greens are still full of pitch marks (but not as bad as they were on the day of the OzGolf round there).
    Last edited by BobsYourUncle; 28th March 2021 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Had a better (and drier) day today at Woodford in the social club, ending up with 84 (45/39) and 43 points off 19. 6 fairways, 9 greens which was nice, 6 of them on the back 9 which we played first. 32 putts. Pitching from 60-70m in was on point almost every time, regularly putting it within about 10 feet. Also hit a number of nice approach shots. Fell away a bit on the second 9 after being +2 after 10 holes but overall pretty happy with how I played today and hopefully can keep it up and improve on it. Next game on Saturday in the Oxley comp.
    Great golf mate!
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

I'm a bit late this week.Usual Thursday morning comp:PBbbPPBXP-PBBPPPBPB 77/33ptsDriver was poor, only 2/13 fairways with it, and a couple of larger misses that cost shots. Putting was good.Social round at The Pat today (off the whites):Before anyone gets too carried away, they're renovating the 14th, so the 4th played as a short par 4 (so birdie, not eagle) and the 14 was replaced by a short par 3 (so bogey there, not par) - making it a 1 over round, not my first under par . Still, I was playing a different game compared to Thursday, drove the ball really well (thoroughly enjoying the new shaft). Wedges could've been a bit more dialled in, if I was to complain about anything. Shout out to making par on the 10th after air-mailing my drive into the creek behind the green. Drop, chip & putt.I really do enjoy the layout at the Pat. Pace of play was very good today too, not too busy - although the greens are still full of pitch marks (but not as bad as they were on the day of the OzGolf round there).
    Still a quality round at the Pat mate. Well done.
    WITB

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    A couple of highlights were the 3-4 rockets I hit with my old Exotics 4w that is in my travel bag. Airmailed the 9th green in two which at 480m was a little surprising
    nice one Bryson, the 9th normally plays about 650m into the wind
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    nice one Bryson, the 9th normally plays about 650m into the wind
    Was slightly down wind, but I absolutely hammered the first one. Carried the bunker on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Still a quality round at the Pat mate. Well done.
    Where is the pat?

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    Where is the pat?
    In West Beach, the course is currently called West Beach Parks Golf. It used to be called The Patawolonga after the local river of the same name and affectionately gets called 'The Pat'.
    WITB

They still call it the patawolonga course, because they also have the exec/short course. Not the longest or most difficult course, but a pretty good layout, at least IMO. The greens do get a bit pitch marked though with all the public play they see.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

28/03/2021, McLeod GC, White Tees, Social.

Stats: 6/13 fairways, 5/18 greens, 29 putts.
    Score: PBPPXBPPX PPPXbBBPP; 43:37:80 (+6:+3:+9). Played to 9.5. SCH: 8.6 (-0.1).

Solid day's ball striking today. Nothing special, but enough to get around and score decently. Even the driver came to the party for a change. A couple of holes where the short game went in to spud mode were costly to the score card, and it felt like the putter wasn't quite on today. I'm in a decent little patch at the moment, so I hope it goes in the direction of improvement and not the other way.

Next round: At least one round over the Easter weekend, hopefully two.
    Last edited by AndyP; 28th March 2021 at 09:01 PM.

Not just one but two 46s? Wow. Short course? Some short courses can get taken apart by higher handicappers when they have a good day, Sandy Gallop up in Ipswich is a bit like that.
    It was par 72 but a few shortish par 4s and one of the par 5s pretty easily reached in two with an accurate drive, mine wasn't unfortunately but still made par after hitting a gap wedge out of heavy rough for my 3rd and somehow landing on the green. Most of the par 4s for me and my group were driver and wedge or short iron to the green.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Great golf mate!
    Thanks mate, really enjoyed that round!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A quite mediocre 31 points for me in difficult conditions today. Strangely, I couldn't hit a hybrid, usually one of my strengths. In among quite a few bad ones, I hit one of the best shots I've ever hit.

I had to curve a 3 wood about 30 metres left to right to get around a dogleg and did it perfectly. So at least I hit a shot I really enjoyed.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Had 37 points*2 down at Narooma.

Few cored greens on the back nine and too many 3 putts, drove it well which was a plus given what I've been doing.

Good enough to secure the beers both days particularly as my partner had 40 off 4 on day one having never seen the course.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

31/03/2021, Gailes GC (1-9, 10, 18), White Tees, Solo.

Stats: 6/9 fairways, 6/11 greens, 19 putts.
    Score: PPbPXPPPP B.......B; 38:11:49 (+1:+2:+3).

I hit lots of practice shots during this round, but I used one ball for scoring and scored very well. The good ball striking continued with the irons, so I decided to use the 3W off the tee more often to make sure I found fairways, and let the irons do the rest. I hit 6/9 greens on the first nine, which is as many as I often hit during 18, and the same for the amount of fairways hit. The driver when it made a few appearances was a bit disappointing, but hopefully it joins the party soon.

Next round: Not booked, because it is lockdown dependent.

Thread Information