Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    Ran into the brother of a bloke who was a really good mate in school, last week at the course.
    He contacted me to see if I wanted to join him for a game today, with his brother, who I hadn't seen for many years.

Was really great to catchup with him, and it was like old times.

Any way on to the golf.
    Started on the back nine, which is my least favourite and duly flubbed around for 16 points, including a wipe and 3 jab on the 18th.

Got to the second nine and my preferred, hit a nice drive down the first on the right side, leaving myself 167m out, hit 6 iron, very thin, didn't get more than 10 foot off the ground and ran along the turf for the last 40 mtrs, up on to the green and into the hole for the worst eagle in golfing history, 2 for 5.
    I got on a roll and after a birdie on the last hole managed a 1 under off the stick 35 for 24 points coming in and 40 points.

Cap into 7.9 too
    Embrace the ground game!

Stableford at Tea Tree Gully
    Started on the back nine. Big pull with the driver first hit of the day and sadly the driver didn’t get much better from there on. Had a hosel rocket on the 3rd trying to flop one over the bunker.
    Was reading greens ok on 10-18 but could not read the breaks on 1-9. Only had 2 on 1-9 I got right including a birdie on the Par 3 8th that netted me 2 Balls.
    29pts was the damage in the end which might see a flag drop off with S.A Champs next weekend.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    Ran into the brother of a bloke who was a really good mate in school, last week at the course. He contacted me to see if I wanted to join him for a game today, with his brother, who I hadn't seen for many years.Was really great to catchup with him, and it was like old times.Any way on to the golf. Started on the back nine, which is my least favourite and duly flubbed around for 16 points, including a wipe and 3 jab on the 18th.Got to the second nine and my preferred, hit a nice drive down the first on the right side, leaving myself 167m out, hit 6 iron, very thin, didn't get more than 10 foot off the ground and ran along the turf for the last 40 mtrs, up on to the green and into the hole for the worst eagle in golfing history, 2 for 5. I got on a roll and after a birdie on the last hole managed a 1 under off the stick 35 for 24 points coming in and 40 points.Cap into 7.9 too
    That's why I like that you only have to write a number on the scorecard. Well done.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    First comp round of Golf in over 3 years Roughly. Didn't realise it was MM off the blacks and for some reason I decided to walk and carry the 18 which the results showed.

95/77 (par 70) which included a 9 on a par 3 with 5 shots out of a bunker. Also started the round with 6 shanks each time I had an iron in my hands, I was so scared to hit an iron I took a hybrid from 130.
    Good to see you back mate!!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Last home game before the SA Champs, and my preparation couldn't have been worse. A confidence destroying 26 points for me today.

All day it was slightly mis-hit drive, slightly mis-hit 2nd about 15 metres short and wide of the target, chip to about 10 feet, missed the putt.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Can't help feeling like one got away today.

PbPbBbbBP-PPPBBPBBP 73/38pts

First 12 holes I was on fire, 9/9 effective fairways, 10/12 greens. Fell away a bit after that, with a few poor swings creeping in. Still, hard to be too unhappy with 2 over.

Left birdie putts short but on line on 1 & 3, eagle putt on 7 lipped out. What could've been...

I think this is going to cost me shots at the SA Champs should've thrown the anchor out earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    bPPBPbBPP-bbPPPPBXb even par 72... which was only good enough for a 1-down loss in our pennant final today.

My opponent had 3 birdies and an eagle on the front nine - it's a bit rough making birdie on a par 4 and losing the hole. Very happy with how I played - sure I could look at the double on 17 and think "what if?" but really I did well to take it as deep as I did.

6/14 fairways (11/14 effective), 8 GIR, 24 putts (!)

First 12 holes I was on fire, 9/9 effective fairways, 10/12 greens. Fell away a bit after that, with a few poor swings creeping in. Still, hard to be too unhappy with 2 over.

Left birdie putts short but on line on 1 & 3, eagle putt on 7 lipped out. What could've been...

I think this is going to cost me shots at the SA Champs should've thrown the anchor out earlier.
    Some brilliant golf here mate. Just in time for champs. Great going! Under par is just around the corner.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Good form is winning form. Great scoring! You're the favourite.

S.A Champs Warm Up Round at Blackwood
    Can’t Drive, can’t chip, can’t putt.
    23pts

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Par today,had a -1 in rain.Was also on a new low of 6,big surprise when I got told this morning

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

A few loose shots but otherwise solid day

Cleveland classic persimmon driver, tour edition 3 wood, 80's colokroms, Cure RX putter. Never putted better

Single stableford at Half Moon Bay. One of my more consistent rounds for a while but still with 3 crap holes.

21 / 18 for 39 points. Threw-up on myself a bit at the end finishing with a one pointer and a wipe.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Default What did you shoot March 2021

Stroke at Mount Compass
    Off the back blocks in strong wind for first round of OzGolf S.A Champs it was brutal.
    Round was going ok for the first 4 holes then it all fell apart in a big way.
    Topped tee shot on the Par 3 5th.
    2 Drives into the hazard on the 6th followed by a hosel rocket into a fairway bunker with a 5 iron then bunker to bunker eventually holing out for an 11.
    Lost ball on 7th.
    3x lost balls on 11th.
    1x OB and 1x lost ball on the 13th.
    Unplayable on the 15th.
    Never had so many big numbers past 6 on the one card.
    Raised the bat for worst round in can’t remember when.
    To make things worse I’ve done something to my wrist. Started noticing it was sore on the 14-15th. Then had shooting pain through it on the Drive on 16th. Played out the round under duress.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 14th March 2021 at 03:04 PM.

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Back to earth with thud today 30 points

16 out 14 back.

Couldn't get the speed of the greens all day.

Iron play was poor and even had a shank
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

2 wipes, no birds, 1 in the water, 1 out of bounds and a lip out from 111m.

32 points in the Oxley comp yesterday playing off 18. Driving wasn't too bad hitting 7/14 fairways, only 4 greens though and 34 putts. Irons were a bit up and down, hit some nice shots but a few where the club dug into the soft ground more than I expected as well. I'll take it, better than the couple of 25 point rounds lately.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    ....and a lip out from 111m.
    That was careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    That was careless.
    I know. I was trying to drop it short.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

14/03/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees, Stableford.

Stats: 4/11 fairways, 5/18 greens, 26 putts.
    Score: XPPPXXPPb PPBbbBPXP; 40:34:74 (+5:+2:+7). Played to 9.5. SCH: 8.0 (-0.0).

I had a bogey free front nine with a birdie, and it took until the 12th to have my first bogey. Unfortunately, I also had three doubles in that time, and added another in the run home with two more birdies. What a tantalising prick of a game golf is! 3 birdies, 4 shanks, 4 doubles for the round. Was it a what could have been round or did I save a bad round? The stats suggest the latter.

That's now 7 kakaaaas in the last two rounds, with 51 putts across 36 holes. Nice numbers, but its a shame I can't hit the driver properly; I was hitting all parts of the face yesterday.

Next round: Unless I get a weekday nine in, it will be a couple of weeks away. Probably McLeod.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Three rounds in 3 days at the SA Champs. Lazy readers only need to read the first one, because a very repetitive trend will be described.

Friday at Blackwood. 24 points. Hit the ball well for the most part, but could not get it into the hole. 5 x 3-putts, a few other missed short game opportunities. Blackwood is quite a difficult course for a player like me. It rewards length, which I don't have, and asks for precise placement of approach shots. My game is normally get it somewhere near the green and depend on my short game. Which wasn't working, partly due to leaving myself in the wrong spot for the pin placements

Saturday at Mount Compass. 28 points. Hit the ball really well most of the day in a strong breeze, but couldn't get it into the hole. 5 x 3-putts, a few other missed short game opportunities. Hit 7 greens in reg on the front nine, and turned 6 over. I misread putts and chips all day.

Sunday at Royal Adelaide. 32 points. Hit the ball really well all day in a strong breeze. Started with a 3-putt double after a good approach, then another 3-putt on 4, and my confidence was totally shot. It actually got better from that point and I made consecutive up and down pars to restore some dignity. Hit one of the best 4 hybrids ever to 5 feet on 7, and missed it, but it was the Ozgolf NTP winner. My first win of any sort in an Ozgolf event for some time.

Summary - really happy with my ball-striking, but I showed why I am a home course hero who doesn't travel well.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Pretty average round this morning, continuing the average form from SA Champs.

BBPbBBPBB-BbBPPBbPP - 77/33pts

Slam-dunked a fairly long bunker shot on 4 for birdie, which was nice. Putting was average, struggled to get up & down after missing a green.

Slam-dunked a fairly long bunker shot on 4 for birdie, which was nice. Putting was average, struggled to get up & down after missing a green.
    Life is good when your average rounds are 77.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

While your making multiple birdies a round things aren't bad. It's when the birdies dry up the scores blow out.

W.I.T.B

The super prestigious Coomealla Open was on this weekend. I shot 81-79 to finish 13 back.

For 2 rounds that were 2 shots different they were totally different rounds.

Saturday I hit it the worst I have in a bloody long time, I hit 8 fairways but some of the misses were super wide, lost 2 balls on the front nine. Only hit 4 greens in reg but had 26 putts as I kept pitching, chipping to 6-8 feet and making it.
    Sunday I hit it way better, more how I expect to, 9 fairways but misses were only just, 10 GIR but 34 putts.

There is a super low round amongst that, and a super high one!

Quote Originally Posted by Toolish View Post
    The super prestigious Coomealla Open was on this weekend. I shot 81-79 to finish 13 back.

For 2 rounds that were 2 shots different they were totally different rounds.

Saturday I hit it the worst I have in a bloody long time, I hit 8 fairways but some of the misses were super wide, lost 2 balls on the front nine. Only hit 4 greens in reg but had 26 putts as I kept pitching, chipping to 6-8 feet and making it.
    Sunday I hit it way better, more how I expect to, 9 fairways but misses were only just, 10 GIR but 34 putts.

There is a super low round amongst that, and a super high one!
    Did Greg Rhodes add another to his list of titles?

W.I.T.B

Thread Information