Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Default Parcel/Courier Services

I thought it was time to start a fresh thread. It seems time and Covid has seen some deterioration of service levels in this sector.

AP will always get their share of negative feedback. mostly deserved. And there is a specific thread already for that.

But having had nearly 100% good service from the private competitors over the years, I have been let down poorly twice in recent months.

Sendle seemed to lose a parcel and only my prompting got them interested in delivering it again. It did not appear that they had any system alerts for an item taking more than a reasonable time in transit. The parcel did arrive eventually, 2 week late.

My latest experience was with Pack & Send. I wanted to send a Driver across town about a half hour drive away. I booked a pick up and delivery with Pack and Send this past Monday. The Courier was to be Fastway and pick up was to be on Tuesday. Tuesday past and no show. Wednesday past and no show again, so I followed it up with P & S and they told me they rebooked pick up for yesterday. Still no show. So I have cancelled and requested a refund today. A whole week wasted. I gather more of this type of thing is happening. And our only real option is to spread the word when they don't deliver!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

That happened to me with FastWay last week too. Booked them through interparcel to pick up last Wed. Parcel was outside my front door from 8am and family was home all day. FastWay updated the tracking at 9am to say parcel was unavailable for pickup, which was clearly bollocks. I contacted interparcel and they apologized and rebooked for Thurs. No pickup. They rebooked for Fri. No pick up. Rebooked for Mon. Still no pickup by lunchtime Mon, then interparcel reassigned it to TNT and upgraded it at their cost. TNT picked it up within 2 hours and delivered it interstate the next day.

I can only assume FastWay don’t have enough drivers and decided mine was too far out of their way on those days. No way I’m using them again.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Here in SA I've never had any issues with CouriersPlease. Easy to book, pickup is always in the scheduled window, etc. So when I was getting a club from someone in Perth who had never shipped one before, of course I suggest CouriersPlease... BIG mistake!

Long story short it took about 3 weeks for it to arrive when I'm used to 2-3 days! The poor guy (sender) had no end of trouble getting the club picked up and at one stage the courier even called me asking where I was for collection, only to find out I was the receiver... not the sender. Perhaps there was some fault on the sender, but I would only be guessing.

Seems to be a bit of a case by case, which certainly makes it hard to know who to go through.

I've been using Fastway through Transdirect and my local Fastway guy has been excellent so I haven't used AusPost in months.

It sounds like it's down to the local drivers, years ago I had the same experience as Dave and Ron when the parcels never got collected.

The good thing about Transdirect is they have a phone number so as long as you ring when the lines open you get answered quickly.

Sendle don't care if something runs late and the onus is on you to chase them.
    Last edited by pt73; 5th February 2021 at 01:29 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Fastway are a tad dodgy in S.A, like DMG I find Couriers Please exceptional but agree with all the above it comes down to region

In my previous role we used TNT for freight handling. Had no problems Australia wide with exception to the QLD depot (Salisbury). Horrific to say the least

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Sendle and PackSend both use Fastway, so ultimately delivery issues are on fastway.

I work in logistics industry, and I dont know of any courier that proactively investigates outstanding deliveries. I know because I am always chasing the buggars with some urgency because my stuff is temp sensitive.

This makes sense from the couriers perspective, far too many delivery events dont actually get recorded in the tracking, so if they followed these up they would be wasting time chasing ghosts because these items were delivered.

The system does rely on reciever reporting delays
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Never had a good experience with Fastway, either as a sender or receiver. I have had to chase up every one - NONE were either picked up on time or not lost during transportation.

Anyway, I recently bought something (small) off Ebay and they sent it with Aramex with a 2-3 day turn-around. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but the item was picked up on 22nd January and now no-one quite knows where it is. Evidently it is somewhere in the "Aramex regional network".

After looking into it, it turns out Aramex is Fastway, and it all makes more sense ...

I am very tempted to start leaving (positive) feedback for Ebay sellers warning potential buyers that they use Fastway so that they don't have any expectation of actually getting their item within a month.
    Last edited by Stuart; 5th February 2021 at 02:27 PM.

Yeah. Aramex bought Fastway. But too be honest i never had an issue with them.

I cancelled my booking first thing this morning. Confirmed by P & S at 8.21am. Ar 2.15pm this afternoon I got an SMS from Aramex asking to confirm that I had an item for collection!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

A lot of these companies dont even have trucks that run interstate , they rely on either the bigger companies taking it or third party contractors to run it for them. If you want reliable or as reliable as the transport industry is stick with the proven operators .
    Everyone always says Golfboxs delivery is amazing well they exclusively use Startrack , expensive but it works . TNT are good and dare I say it AP are ok , its not the transport that slows them down , they have not upgraded there processing facilites to cope with the market share they are trying to take ,almost every parcel sits in the depots for 2 to 3 days before they move them on .
    The other reason the smaller companies may be getting worse is that AP are taking market share but that is just a guess

Member Teaching Pro

Fastway were ok before being bought out by Aramax. Couriers please are also now impossible to deal with. I used Couriers please for three years at work but once they were bought out by Singapore post the goal posts kept moving. We changed to Fastway who have recently been bought out by an international mob. The days of competitive courier services in australia is long gone.
    Unless you are sending hundreds of parcels a week the likes of star track ( australia post)
    Toll or Tnt are too expensive.
    But it's not just parcel freight. Freight on pallets and skids is also bloody awful. I have a skid booked on Chem couriers picked up from my supplier in Sydney still sitting in the St mary's depot in Sydney. Not even allocated to be sent up here.
    This is just local freight. You try organising containers on international freight. Then you will definitely remove your hair.

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    A lot of these companies dont even have trucks that run interstate , they rely on either the bigger companies taking it or third party contractors to run it for them. If you want reliable or as reliable as the transport industry is stick with the proven operators .Everyone always says Golfboxs delivery is amazing well they exclusively use Startrack , expensive but it works . TNT are good and dare I say it AP are ok , its not the transport that slows them down , they have not upgraded there processing facilites to cope with the market share they are trying to take ,almost every parcel sits in the depots for 2 to 3 days before they move them on .The other reason the smaller companies may be getting worse is that AP are taking market share but that is just a guess
    The worst one for this at the moment are a company called Vellex. They went around smashing everyone with pricing only to quickly become one of the biggest laughing stocks in the industry. Three weeks standard pallet of welding wire from metro Sydney to metro brisbane.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Well that is a joke for a square pallet that you can load on top of . Mmmmm I remember MIG wire coming in pallets a few KM's of welding there

I recently bought something off eBay, guy used toll, and it was out for delivery for 5 days straight and every day was returned to the depot. It was finally delivered on a Saturday.

I bought some Putter weight kits off eBay 3 weeks ago. Two separate kits from two different sellers. One based in Sydney, and one in Brisbane (Sunnybank Hills). The first was sent via AP. It took 2 weeks, which is about what I expect these days for free post items via AP. The 2nd was sent via Fastway. Not yet received and no updates til today. It has arrived in a Sydney Depot, apparently!!?? Now it is quite possible the seller warehouses out of Sydney, but if you can't even compete with APs current delivery times you are a pretty shit Courier service imo.

https://www.aramex.com.au/tools/track/?l=MS0003205206
    Last edited by Daves; 28th September 2021 at 10:25 AM.

Agree Dave’s fastway took about 3 weeks for my parcel. eBay sent me $10 off thou for the delay you might get it to

Express posted a parcel from Regional Vic to Melb.
    Paid the extra.
    2weeks later it's still sitting in Sunshine depot
    FFS

I've found couriers please to be decent, but that's sending from SA. AusPost (and maybe others) seem to really be struggling when sending from NSW/VIC at the moment.

**** Sendle is all I can say. Never had something turn up through them on time and without me having to chase it up - I will actively avoid buying stuff on Ebay if the seller stupidly discloses that they use Sendle. Probably even worse than Aramex.

Edit: I am happy to pay more for Aus Post or StarTrack. At least I know that there is a reasonable chance it will turn up roughly on time.
    Last edited by Stuart; 28th September 2021 at 07:43 AM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Express posted a parcel from Regional Vic to Melb.
    Paid the extra.
    2weeks later it's still sitting in Sunshine depot
    FFS
    There are huge issues with Auspost at the moment. The Clyde MHU had a significant COVID scare, and was down to skeleton staff. This was when Auspost started notifying people that packages and mail was delayed.

International mail was redirected to Melbourne for handling. Then the Melbourne MHU also had a COVID scare, lost half a day due to the earthquake and the building to be declared safe, and has had staffing number issues.

Unfortunately the nature of the work is manual, hands on, and close work.

Note, this is all from my Biosecurity mate in Melbourne whom I asked so there may be some liberty with the 100% correct story

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    **** Sendle is all I can say.
    Sendle only use Couriers Please and Fastway in Australia. OTOH capital cities is CP, everything else is FW. I think you are out wrest so its possibly having to go through FW then subcontractor local companies. I do use Sendle for our commercial shipping if not temp sensitive and they are fine for us, and more reliable than AP but then again we are only shipping to capital cities so thats a totally different experience.

P.s. aramex is fastway

Senior Member Major Winner

Must be a big city thing. I live in regional qld, and have sent all sorts of packages AP, Sendle and Transdirect (through Aramex and TNT). Going to nearly every state (except Tassie).

No more than 1 day delay over quoted delivery time, never had to chase anything up, prices very reasonable.

I never throw bad juju at them on internet forums though. Maybe thats the secret.

Member Teaching Pro

I had a set of Ladies irons posted from Bondi Junction Australia Post on 19/9. still have not arrived in Canberra.

I swear they have lost them.

I have lodged two complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    I never throw bad juju at them on internet forums though. Maybe thats the secret.
    Hmmmm … much wisdom there is from the Master. Perhaps reconsider I should my approach.

Edit: I know that juju is not really Star Wars, but it seemed to fit.
    Last edited by Stuart; 28th September 2021 at 04:28 PM.

I received a parcel via Sendle today... 2 days since lodgement in Sydney.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information