Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I've sold a couple of things on eBay recently and charged the postage price for Australia Post delivery, but after the sale goes through, eBay suggest Sendle instead, which is cheaper. Both times, I have continued with Aust Post, but would it look bad if I went with Sendle instead?
    Last edited by AndyP; 23rd February 2022 at 02:36 PM.

Do not use Sendle, ever!!!

I recently purchased a Ventus Velocore shaft. The local PO in Launceston wouldn't take the parcel as it was over 105cm. Interparcel and transdirect had no options to do a dropoff to a local site, as the guy selling was never at home for a pickup.

So parcel was dropped at a Sendle hubbed location on 14/2 and it's currently still sitting there. ****ing muppets. And sendle have no phone no. so the only way to contact them is via chat and they take around 3 hours to reply. How can companies run like this?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Do not use Sendle, ever!!!

I recently purchased a Ventus Velocore shaft. The local PO in Launceston wouldn't take the parcel as it was over 105cm. Interparcel and transdirect had no options to do a dropoff to a local site, as the guy selling was never at home for a pickup.

So parcel was dropped at a Sendle hubbed location on 14/2 and it's currently still sitting there. ****ing muppets. And sendle have no phone no. so the only way to contact them is via chat and they take around 3 hours to reply. How can companies run like this?
    Can you drop parcels that long at their hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    Can you drop parcels that long at their hubs?
    Looks like it. It just got picked up finally after 8 days

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Looks like it. It just got picked up finally after 8 days
    which courier forgot to pick it up?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    which courier forgot to pick it up?
    No idea, sendle is the company providing the service, whoever they decide to subcontract to up to them.

But sendle is shit, do not use

No idea, sendle is the company providing the service, whoever they decide to subcontract to up to them.
    They dont subcontract. As soon as the job is created its in the couriers system. You should know who the courier is as soon as the job was created, you can tell by the tracking info. Your email address and phone number is recorded so notifications go to you. .
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

They dont subcontract. As soon as the job is created its in the couriers system. You should know who the courier is as soon as the job was created, you can tell by the tracking info. Your email address and phone number is recorded so notifications go to you. .
    I never received any info on who the courier was

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

The Sender is supposed to provide Sendle with an email address and mobile No. of the Receiver, so they can provide updates. Otherwise you need the tracking No. to track it. Shove the parcel/tracking no. into Sendle tracking and see if it really did sit at a depot all that time.

My Driver Head parcel just arrived. Sendle were pretty good on timing once they actually received it.

Edit: I should add that the Seller has included a bonus Headcover that wasn't in the listing, so all good on the transaction in the end.
    Last edited by Daves; 24th February 2022 at 10:03 AM.

Sorry. I was sure that the couriers own tracking number was obscurely recorded in Sendles tracking page but on checking i can see it does not. ( the email that receivers get may have different info) The sender could tell you the courier and the actual tracking as its printed on the label. If its Metro to Metro would be Couriers please, otherwise Aramex, i am fairly sure Sendle doesnt use anyone else, all other couriers are more expensive than those two.

I ship up to 50 cartons a week by road or air using Couriers Please, Aramex(FedEX), Toll or MNX. IMO the majority of problems with couriers rest with senders, but what would I know

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    The Sender is supposed to provide Sendle with an email address and mobile No. of the Receiver, so they can provide updates. Otherwise you need the tracking No. to track it. Shove the parcel/tracking no. into Sendle tracking and see if it really did sit at a depot all that time.

My Driver Head parcel just arrived. Sendle were pretty good on timing once they actually received it.

Edit: I should add that the Seller has included a bonus Headcover that wasn't in the listing, so all good on the transaction in the end.
    I was the sender and receiver, I used my account to create and pay for the shipping.

Yes it sat at BP Riverside Launceston for 8 days, the Indian console operator Baljit and I were on first name basis as I rang to check it was still there a couple of times.

Sorry. I was sure that the couriers own tracking number was obscurely recorded in Sendles tracking page but on checking i can see it does not. ( the email that receivers get may have different info) The sender could tell you the courier and the actual tracking as its printed on the label. If its Metro to Metro would be Couriers please, otherwise Aramex, i am fairly sure Sendle doesnt use anyone else, all other couriers are more expensive than those two.

I ship up to 50 cartons a week by road or air using Couriers Please, Aramex(FedEX), Toll or MNX. IMO the majority of problems with couriers rest with senders, but what would I know
    I just found out Sendle are using Fastway

I just found out Sendle are using Fastway
    Www.aramax.com.au/courier-locator Look up the driver for that area and ask him. Your mate at the petrol station will know him well too because its always the same guy. Fastway/Aramax are franchises so they dont crossover.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Aramax just delivered to my place (Sunday) in a 4WD. That was unexpected.

Sendle update time. Dropped off to the Launceston depot on the 14/2 and delivered today.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

My local LPO told me today that Auspost have reduced the maximum length of a box from 120cm to 110cm.

You may be lucky with a different LPO.

Senior Member Major Winner

I thought it was 105

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I thought it was 105
    105 has been the official number for some time.I know a couple of local post offices which don't necessarily stick to that rule. I'm curious to see if they stick to the 110 rule if that's a harder limit.

I thought it was 105
    My local told me it's gone from 105cm to 100cm, yet they take all my 120cm packages still

LPOs were allowed to take up to 120cm but that's now been reduced to 110cm according to my closest LPO.

My local told me it's gone from 105cm to 100cm, yet they take all my 120cm packages still
    That's weird as the Auspost website will allow you to enter 105cm in their calculator.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

AP has always had a 105cm limit back as far as I can remember. I think LPOs "overlooked" it, unless they were pulled up on it. Hence the different messages. Our closest LPO used to accept everything pretty much, but stopped doing so a year or two ago. I had always understood that AP had the restriction because of the dimensions of the Bins they use to transport parcels in.

Anyways, this arrived today via AP. It contained a Driver and a Hybrid. You can see the Driver Grip sticking out of the top edge.

The Parcel Box is 118cm long. I am guessing the "bend" might be due to the mentioned Bin size. Though it could just as well be poorly handling. I did consider that it may have been sent like that. But I have bought a lot of stuff off this seller and it has always been very well packaged. Everything seems intact from what I can see, so seems I was lucky on that front.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Daves; 26th May 2022 at 06:47 AM.

My local told me their cage/bin was only 105cm long. They told they would have to bend anything longer to make it fit.

I think that’s what happened to Daves

Looks like it’s back to Transdirect for anything over 110cm

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Bloody Sendle.

Bought two clubs from Ebay.

They're coming via Sendle.

Wish me luck!

Thread Information