Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    This putter has me interested..
    All to be revealed at the skins match. Gary Player used to endorse it so perhaps that’s why it was so cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    This putter has me interested..
    Yeah, tease much TC?!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    This actually turned up yesterday. This is an excerpt from my conversation with the vendor: Pretty poor from Sendle if this is true.
    sounds like sendle made that up its just too weird, because that would be Aramex ( was Fastway) and the drivers are franchise owners. Your address would be the one driver for your area, so makes no sense to do that as he is the only one one who will deliver your parcel. Wouldnt be surprised if other couriers have done that though.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 16th November 2021 at 02:08 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Update on the parcel going from Armidale to Newcastle - who am I kidding. No update since Tuesday morning. Hopefully it will just get delivered today and then they update its status a few days later.

Anyone else? Twice this week i have received parcels from China that have been slashed with a blade. About 15cm long and deep enough to damage the goods inside superficiously. I have seen this before but its the first time the contents have been impacted.

Its obviously not intended to stick a hand in to feel around, and no atempt to cover up like customs will do.

It reminds me of how it looks on cop tv shows when they slice a package to see if heroin falls out.

Have just discovered Interparcel.

https://au.interparcel.com/

Larger range of couriers than Transdirect, and nearly half the price.

Senior Member Major Winner

Got a Driver from the USA for the old man. Arrived in 9 days while something I have coming from QLD is 3 weeks and still not delivered yet.
    Never paid for express shipping for the old mans driver either.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Be careful sending anything to WA via Aust. Post at the moment:

https://auspost.com.au/service-updat...t-wa-sa-delays

I sent a club to someone in WA on the 07/01/2022 and it still hasn't arrived.

WA has been a mess for all inbound logistics for quite some time due to their covid policies. However thats not a delay, thats lost.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner

StarTrack out of WA still works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    StarTrack out of WA still works a treat.
    Yep, 2 x shirts ordered from golfbox Sunday, arrived to Sydney this morning.

You can book competitive Startrack rates through interparcel.

From what I am hearing its getting freight into WA thats hard, not getting it out.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    However thats not a delay, that's lost...
    Possibly.

I sent it to WA on 7th of Jan and it went to QLD care of a sorting error. Since the 4th of Feb it has been marked as 'Delayed – waiting to be processed for delivery'. I called Aust. Post but they weren't much help, seemed to think it was sitting on a train somewhere. Refunded the buyer and requested the parcel be redirected back to me... be surprised if I ever see it again.

This is a good resource, though: https://au.interparcel.com/ — thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Jerrymoo; 15th February 2022 at 03:45 PM.

I sold a set of irons for $550 and used Sendle, after 4 weeks they have deemed the parcel lost. Unfortunately I didn't purchase additional cover (lesson learnt ).
    They are only refunding me the $100 standard cover even though I can prove the sale of $550. I am guessing I don't have a leg to stand on but would be interested hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by rick3003 View Post
    I sold a set of irons for $550 and used Sendle, after 4 weeks they have deemed the parcel lost. Unfortunately I didn't purchase additional cover (lesson learnt ).
    They are only refunding me the $100 standard cover even though I can prove the sale of $550. I am guessing I don't have a leg to stand on but would be interested hear your thoughts.
    Did the buyer request insurance?

I purchased a velocore shaft over the weekend and it was dropped off to a sendle hub today. I organised and paid for the shipping and bought double insurance as it was about $1 per $100. Fingers crossed it arrives.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

…. would be interested hear your thoughts.
    I can provide no legal advice or thoughts, but Sendle are at the top of my ‘never to be used’ courier service list.

I bought some golf gloves from Victoria, took them over a month to arrive with Sendle. I would never use them again

Recently had something posted from Jonti through AusPost. Only took a few days.

Ive lost all faith in couriers since I got stung last year. Sent something with insurance, requesting a signature. Courier supposedly dropped in a loading dock and signed themselves a “del”
    Only to have the recipient say it never arrived.

Possible the recipient took me for a ride and have it in their hands but whilst stressing with the courier I had insurance and wanted a signature after 6 months of fighting I got no where.

Me being me had refunded the recipient the $500 straight away thinking I’d get it back through the courier but not even a sniff of acknowledgement from them.

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Did the buyer request insurance?

I purchased a velocore shaft over the weekend and it was dropped off to a sendle hub today. I organised and paid for the shipping and bought double insurance as it was about $1 per $100. Fingers crossed it arrives.
    No the topic of insurance didn't come up. I already refunded the buyer, felt it was the right thing to do

Maybe it's a sign to stop buying clubs

I sold a set of irons for $550 and used Sendle, after 4 weeks they have deemed the parcel lost. Unfortunately I didn't purchase additional cover (lesson learnt ). They are only refunding me the $100 standard cover even though I can prove the sale of $550. I am guessing I don't have a leg to stand on but would be interested hear your thoughts.
    You only took put $100 of so thats all the leg you get to stand on. Sorry about that. The amount of stuff that ends up in dead letter offices at couriers is insane. I go to a Toll Priority office weekly and in the corner of her office there is always a bunch of mangled boxes. Sometimes she can figure out who sent it, sometimes not.

Tip of the day. ALways do this. A copy of the manifest inside the box, tape up all corners especially if box already compromised. Hand write tracking number on outside, and 2nd copy of recipient address aside from the couriers label. And what the other guy said, recievers can game the system now.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Here is a little bit of the reverse side of things, where the seller is perhaps slack and/or a tight arse.

I bought a Driver Head on eBay last week after the seller sent out a discount offer of $20 off. The postage costs were quoted as $19.20, which is a bit high, but I was OK with it. The seller is only 25ks away and I could have done a pick up, but I wasn't going that way anytime soon, so went with posting it.

I sent a Driver Head to an interstate Ozgolfer last week by Express Parcel and it arrived next morning, at less than $15 for the box and postage.

So this seller decides to use Sendle, presumably on a cost basis. But then took 4 business days to drop it off at a Hub, so I have no clue when it will arrive.

No big deal, but there is always other factors we sometimes forget. And dealing outside Ozgolf, throws up some people who seemingly have little care factor.
    Last edited by Daves; 23rd February 2022 at 12:31 PM.

use Interparcel. Nobody else

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    use Interparcel. Nobody else
    Interparcel is not a courier, they are broker just like Sendle, Shippit and others. The performance of the parcel delivery is on the courier used not the broker, and for Metro to Metro its always going to be Couriers please the cheapest.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information