Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

I don't normally post here unless it's a super special passive (or active) brag.

23/18 for 41 off 5. My first ever par round.

3 birdies for -3 on the front. 3 bogies for +3 on the back. 2 of which were 3 putts after hitting average shots into 11 and 14 and leaving myself 60ft plus.

12/13 fairways
    14 gir
    3 bird
    12 par
    3 bog
    2 3jags
    32 putts

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    I don't normally post here unless it's a super special passive (or active) brag.

3 birdies for -3 on the front. 3 bogies for +3 on the back. 2 of which were 3 putts after hitting average shots into 11 and 14 and leaving myself 60ft plus.

12/13 fairways
    14 gir
    3 bird
    12 par
    3 bog
    2 3jags
    32 putts
    Awesome effort mate. Damn 3 putts!!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Wrong thread, Benno. You want this one: My finest hour...I finally conquered this game (ozgolf.net)

Congratulations on the awesome round.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I don't normally post here unless it's a super special passive (or active) brag.23/18 for 41 off 5. My first ever par round.3 birdies for -3 on the front. 3 bogies for +3 on the back. 2 of which were 3 putts after hitting average shots into 11 and 14 and leaving myself 60ft plus.12/13 fairways14 gir3 bird12 par3 bog2 3jags32 putts
    Nice one, Benno.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

12/13 fairways
    14 gir
    3 bird
    12 par
    3 bog
    2 3jags
    32 putts
    Well, look at you Mr Par man.

Congrats!

12/13 fairways
    14 gir
    3 bird
    12 par
    3 bog
    2 3jags
    32 putts
    Nice job flusha.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I remember when this poster won a NSW Champs off about 14. It must be all the changes of equipment.

On the other hand, I hardly ever change my equipment, and I post all my rounds, good or bad.

Today's round was one of the best 32 point rounds I've ever shot. It was back marker day, it rained for an hour, the course was wet and had no run, and it looked like more rain all day. I was smashing my best drives about 170m, and finding myself up to 100m out in two on our long par 4's. It was a day for saving bogey and taking advantage on the holes I could reach in reg.

Still, I need the exercise, and for handicap farming purposes I needed the card to go in, so something was achieved.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I remember when this poster won a NSW Champs off about 14. It must be all the changes of equipment.

On the other hand, I hardly ever change my equipment, and I post all my rounds, good or bad.

Today's round was one of the best 32 point rounds I've ever shot. It was back marker day, it rained for an hour, the course was wet and had no run, and it looked like more rain all day. I was smashing my best drives about 170m, and finding myself up to 100m out in two on our long par 4's. It was a day for saving bogey and taking advantage on the holes I could reach in reg.

Still, I need the exercise, and for handicap farming purposes I needed the card to go in, so something was achieved.
    I remember when he won a Qld champs off 18 or 19 at Brookwater!!! Honestly with the amount of time, practice and lessons he has put in over the last couple of years, he deserves days like today.

Cheers boys.

And Jim, you'll be surprised to know the only change to the bag since 2020 Vic champs is some fresh wedges and a replacement driver shaft.

The difference is 2yrs of no FIFO work. Plenty of time to practice and play makes a world of difference.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I don't normally post here unless it's a super special passive (or active) brag.23/18 for 41 off 5. My first ever par round.3 birdies for -3 on the front. 3 bogies for +3 on the back. 2 of which were 3 putts after hitting average shots into 11 and 14 and leaving myself 60ft plus.12/13 fairways14 gir3 bird12 par3 bog2 3jags32 putts
    Sensational mate. Well deserved.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Go Bennie

I am going to enjoy the 5 shots you give me in our rematch!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Blog Entries

Brilliant Benno_R.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Go Bennie

I am going to enjoy the 5 shots you give me in our rematch!
    Pffft, you'll need more than that chief!

Cheers boys.

And Jim, you'll be surprised to know the only change to the bag since 2020 Vic champs is some fresh wedges and a replacement driver shaft.

The difference is 2yrs of no FIFO work. Plenty of time to practice and play makes a world of difference.
    Well done Benno, sure there will be more of those rounds to come. And working at the course probs helps as well.

Some pretty ordinary golf for me this morning.

BXXPPPPPP-PBPBPbPXb

Bad start. Felt like I was very poor off the tee, but actually hit 8/14 fairways, and 10/18 greens. I guess in retrospect it was a (fairly large) number of bad shots that cost me. Putting was alright without being great.

If I can sort my driver out I can see myself getting back into my previous good form, although I am working on a swing change that might screw me up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Some pretty ordinary golf for me this morning.

BXXPPPPPP-PBPBPbPXb

Bad start. Felt like I was very poor off the tee, but actually hit 8/14 fairways, and 10/18 greens. I guess in retrospect it was a (fairly large) number of bad shots that cost me. Putting was alright without being great.

If I can sort my driver out I can see myself getting back into my previous good form, although I am working on a swing change that might screw me up for a while.
    Still enough pars in there to make it not a complete disaster.
    Birdie on 18, one of the holes in your good rounds that saw regular bogies is a nice touch.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Yeah, always good to birdie 18. Decent 3i found the fairway, then a good 8i to about 10 feet. My short irons and wedges were really quite good today when I got the chance to use them.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

3rd round of club match play knockout for me today.20 shots was to many to defend,especially when i could only win 1 hole off my opponent.I was playing very solid,good par golf,but it didn't cut it.And when I made my first birdie,I lost the hole as he had 2 shots on it and was in for par.The other hole he had 2 shots on,I needed to eagle to win,halved with a birdie.I was 5 over par when I lost the game 7&5.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

A nice day out, lots of good ballstriking and seemingly got the driver out of the snap hooks.

The putter (old 1970’s Ping Anser) was actually very good. The lost strokes were due to 3x wicked horseshoes from about 3ft.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    A nice day out, lots of good ballstriking and seemingly got the driver out of the snap hooks. The putter (old 1970’s Ping Anser) was actually very good. The lost strokes were due to 3x wicked horseshoes from about 3ft.
    Solid work, Bushy. 👍

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

39 points this morning for my first comp round in about 2 months. It could have been even better but 3 doubles really didn't help. If I could learn to hit driver again I might be able to string a decent round together.

9 over 81 in a comp at Penfield GC this morning. First time playing there, played alright other than a pair of double bogies on the back 9. Burned edges all day and no birdie putts dropped.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

28/02/2021, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tee, Stableford.

Stats: 3/11 fairways, 5/18 greens, 32 putts.
    Score (B9 first): PPXPXBPBB PPXXXBPBP; 39:44:83 (+7:+9:+16). Played to 19.0.

When it went wrong, it went very wrong. Five doubles or worse, including a stretch of three in a row. Possibly a coincidence that it might have taken about an hour to play those three holes; seriously ****ing slow back nine (2h45m).

The improvement since my return has well and truly stopped now. There is a good swing somewhere in there, but I'm just not finding it enough at the moment.

Next round: Definitely not the same again next Sunday. Maybe a social hit at Gailes on Sunday afternoon.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

2up, 3-0 for the year in Pennant

Team has won 13 straight now.

Yeahtheboyz

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Was asked to play in the VW scramble at Southern today, I have never played in any of the scramble variants before. So I had nfi what the format was or what to expect.

Hadn't played for 3 weeks and had recently strain my rotator cuff playing tennis, so wasn't super confident going in and had to smother my shoulder in Voltaren before the game.

Anyway, we shot 9 under and had a handicap of 7.1, so finished nett 56ish.

Was good enough for second, and qualified for the regional final at Ranfurlie in April.

Also picked up a dozen Chrome Soft, so a good day was had.
    Last edited by chappy1970; 28th February 2021 at 07:28 PM.
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03