Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Xgolf

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Xgolf

Just gauging interest in an Xgolf session at Marion for a date in February. Each booth is $40 per hour which we can share with as many people as we like. 3-4 people per booth is probably a sweet spot. Assuming 4 people per booth it will only cost $20 each for 2 hours which is pretty great value and I think we should be able to play 18 holes in that time however I have not played a full 18 there before. If we can get 6-8 people confirmed that would be ideal. Any interest?

Update 16/02/2021

Booked for 2 groups (4 in each group).
    Date: Sunday the 21st of February
    Time: 10am - 12pm.
    Cost is $30pp for 2 hours if we have 4 per group, slightly more if we have odd numbers
    BYO clubs

Confirmed Starters:
    1. Flavzz
    2. Waza
    3. DMG
    4. Hatchy
    5. Marcel
    6. Hard Pan
    7. Kadin

Last edited by Flavzz; 16th February 2021 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks for the hit today lads. We ended up with 6 of us, 3 per booth. This worked out well. Whilst we didn't get through 18 holes we got close and had a bit of a slow start due to xgolf opening just after 10. We also had a quick warm up hit for the first 10 minutes. We played Pebble Beach which was ok but I'd be interested to try a couple other Aussie courses in the future.

Some highlights were a few chip in birdies and seeing Hatchy hack his way through a housing estate whilst learning the aim function 😅

Would definitely go again.
    Attached Images
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Looks awesome... well done lads! Cheers for organising Flavzz.

Senior Member Major Winner

Thanks for organising this one Flavzz it was a fun day.
    Thought it was a bit rough they only open the doors on 10 O’clock for a 10-12 booking. By the time the crowd of people all get in and we got to our bays ready to go 10mins of that time is up.
    I’m sure I provided my booth with much laughter right from the first hole were I didn’t know about the aim function resulting in a slice into the houses on the first hole. Took me a few shots to get out of a couple back yards. For a bit more side splitting laughter I hit a number of hosel rockets when 40-70m out with the pitching wedge including 3 in a row on one hole. All up the count was 8 with 7 going undetected by the Sim so it was a free hit again.
    Holes out from 40m out on the last hole we completed for birdie.
    I’m interested to know what tech they are using to measure the the ball spin/speed so if I ever get my own I don’t go with that system.
    Many of the results were off the mark with exaggerated side movements and overall distance. Every club was coming up around 20m average shorter than my usual playing distances. Anything a bit thin lost 40-50m.
    I hit what felt like 2 very good 3 woods only to find the Sim said they only went 150m. One was off the mat and other off the tee.
    In the end I started aiming out to the right with the Driver and the Sim said it was a draw as opposed to lining up straight and the Sim saying I was cutting it.

While the above may sound a bit negative I’d still do it again.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Thanks for organising this one Flavzz it was a fun day.Thought it was a bit rough they only open the doors on 10 O’clock for a 10-12 booking. By the time the crowd of people all get in and we got to our bays ready to go 10mins of that time is up.I’m sure I provided my booth with much laughter right from the first hole were I didn’t know about the aim function resulting in a slice into the houses on the first hole. Took me a few shots to get out of a couple back yards. For a bit more side splitting laughter I hit a number of hosel rockets when 40-70m out with the pitching wedge including 3 in a row on one hole. All up the count was 8 with 7 going undetected by the Sim so it was a free hit again.Holes out from 40m out on the last hole we completed for birdie.I’m interested to know what tech they are using to measure the the ball spin/speed so if I ever get my own I don’t go with that system.Many of the results were off the mark with exaggerated side movements and overall distance. Every club was coming up around 20m average shorter than my usual playing distances. Anything a bit thin lost 40-50m.I hit what felt like 2 very good 3 woods only to find the Sim said they only went 150m. One was off the mat and other off the tee.In the end I started aiming out to the right with the Driver and the Sim said it was a draw as opposed to lining up straight and the Sim saying I was cutting it. While the above may sound a bit negative I’d still do it again.
    Classic. I agree that if I was to book again I'd make sure we booked after they were already open as we did lose a bit of time as you mentioned. I'd argue you've never hit that many hosel rockets in a round.. What was contributing to this? Our bay seemed pretty fair in terms of distances. I still had my usual big right to left balls but did hit a few good drives. Ball speed was around 140mph and peaked at about 147 which I found interesting.
    WITB

Your right in that I’ve nver had that many hosel rockets in one round. As to why I’m not really sure but did find the lighting awkward when standing over the ball. Maybe the spotlight and dark all around that zone had something to do with it not sure?
    The shot itself comes from taking away outside the line too far for that cutting spin but when too far I come back and tickle the hosel.
    My short game is so far away from what it was when playing regularly.

I never looked at what the mph numbers were. Too focused on watching the ball tracer showing sideways movement out of whack with the swings I know I put on it.

W.I.T.B

It was a fun day. Thanks guys.
    Still despise Pebble Beach as a sim. Quite interesting as it took me 14 holes to realise I was was to tense over the ball.
    Soon as I relaxed the body, added 10kph instantly to the ball speed.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    It was a fun day. Thanks guys.Still despise Pebble Beach as a sim. Quite interesting as it took me 14 holes to realise I was was to tense over the ball.Soon as I relaxed the body, added 10kph instantly to the ball speed.
    Plus you hit it straighter.
    WITB

Just need to get it through my thick head sooner.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Marcel said the poa greens at Pebble were like carpet.

Pity you missed 17 and 18 along the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Benje View Post
    Marcel said the poa greens at Pebble were like carpet.

Pity you missed 17 and 18 along the coast.
    I'm sure I would have put 1 on the beach again.
    I was disappoint it didn't have me playing off the beach on the 4th after all it made me play from the back yard on the 1st.

Poa Greens must have been double cut and rolled, they were very true.

W.I.T.B

Thread Information