Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Great golf BYU

Got out for 9 this arvo. Started pretty solid when I was 1 over through 5 holes but then proved why I'm still off 15 by going bogey, double, triple, double..
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Great golf BYUGot out for 9 this arvo. Started pretty solid when I was 1 over through 5 holes but then proved why I'm still off 15 by going bogey, double, triple, double..
    Ouch. How's your driver going? I hit 4/9 with driver today, which is a bit better than I've been lately.
    Last edited by BobsYourUncle; 14th January 2021 at 06:01 PM.

Ok but I still have that big left miss going on.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

15/01/2021, Gailes GC, Red Temp, 9 Hole Social.

Stats: 3/7 fairways, 4/9 greens, 13 putts.
    Score: BbPPPBPPP; 36 (+1); Played to 3.0.

After a golf clinic on Wednesday, my 13yo was keen to get out on the course, which makes me happy. Off to Gailes we went for nine holes, and I joined him in hitting off the red tees. Except for a couple of holes, it didn't make the course as short as I thought.

I wasn't really happy with the driver performance, unlike Tuesday's game, but everything else seemed quite good, and I continue to keep scoring well regardless of position.

Next round: Finally, another comp round. I couldn't get anything local, so my neighbour and I are off to Hills tomorrow. Hopefully, it isn't too bad. I can only remember the bad holes.

Nice going. +1 is a good 9 from any tees.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Nice going. +1 is a good 9 from any tees.
    Thanks. It would have been interesting to see how another 9 holes would have went. Whether the good scoring would continue, or if bad driving would catch up with me.

36 points at Cairns Golf Club today with Courty and Solarman.

Haven't played 18 since the fortnight before Xmas but I managed to play solidly until the par 4 16th when I put two balls into the greenside lake. A ferret birdie on the last helped balance the ledger.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

29 points around The Old at National off the Blacks
    Wind, rain and more wind

16/01/2021, Hills GC, White Tee Stableford.

Stats: 3/14 fairways, 7/18 greens, 30 putts.
    Score (B9 1st): BBbBPPPXP PBPPXBPbB; 40:40:80 (+4:+4:+8); Stab 20-20-40; Played to 6.3 or 7.3.

Eight over with three balls in water hazards, plus a lost ball, is a strange scorecard to submit. A couple of these were because I just didn't know the course (and the holes are stupid). I'm pretty happy to have a 40 point stab round for the first time since I don't know when; probably early 2015.

The game is in a nice little spot at the moment. Driving isn't great, but I'm not putting into the trees much, and the rough isn't punishing at many courses in Queensland. I'm just trying to get on or close to the greens in regulation, as much as possible, because I know the putter can usually do the job, and the short game is showing signs of improvement. Today was good day for the irons, and the white tees kept the course short, so I was able to get near those greens.

Next round: I'm booked in to play St Lucia at 5:37a for the first time in maybe 20 years on Monday morning before work, a bit like I did at Vic Park this week, although not first off.
    Last edited by AndyP; 16th January 2021 at 06:00 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Had a wack today.Played pretty well for the most part.Wiped the last with a sh1t drive that left me screwed.
    35 points
    79/72
    1 birdie.
    Putter is back in the freezer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Gold Creek Classic off the blacks, 6450m, greens running at 13, and 40k winds.

The course won.

89/78 and a bazillion putts. Highlight was an airy on the third when I caught a tree branch in my downswing, and a triple of the shortest par 3 on the course

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Square in Par

+4

Played like a dog on the front, hit it better than I have in a while on the back. Reeled off three in a row from 15-17 and was inches away on 10-11-12-18. Could’ve been quite the 9 holes.

Senior Member Major Winner

Default WDYSTM - January 2021

31. 2 wipes. 17 at the turn then wipe wipe and pretty steady after that.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

30 points today, never got started
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

18/01/2021, St Lucia Golf Links, White Tees, Solo.

Stats: 8/14 fairways, 8/18 greens, 29 putts.
    Score: BBPPBPBbP PPBBbPXBP; 38:38:76 (+3:+4:+7); Played to 7.9.

I'm making hay while the sun shines, and before school goes back, with another pre-work round today. Another good score, with the letdown being a few three putts, some chunky iron shots, and a double on the par 3 16th. The good was a streak of only 5 regulation putts over 6 holes to start the back nine, as well as a streak of six greens in a row to finish the front nine.

My self calculated handicap which would include all social rounds, is now down to 7.9, which reflects my good form of late, so I've got a couple of shots up my sleeve compared to my official cap.

Next round: Aiming for a local round on Saturday.

16/01/2020 Moruya GC - Stroke MM

Stats: 71% Fairways, 33% Greens - 31 Putts
    Score bBBPPBBPD DBPBPPDDP 41:43:: 84 (+5:+8:+13) Slope 136 Scratch 71 - Played to 10.8

Started with birdie on the first, and played well through the front nine, missing a couple of birdie and par opportunities, but then hit a wayward drive on the 9th that resulted in a double and then backup that up with a double on the next hole. A glimmer of hope through the next few holes to produce a good round but another wayward drive and two hazards resulted in two doubles in a row put an end to that.
    I think the lack of sleep from some noisy campers, finally caught up with me.
    Course was again in great condition, except the bunkers, that were wet and compacted.
    Last edited by MAZA68; 18th January 2021 at 05:49 PM.

Do you have a short term membership there?

Teed it up again this morning.
    11 points after 9 holes,4 wipes,and I wasn't disappointed.I have been working on some swing changes that started just before the first covid lockdown,now onto the next part.I am hitting the ball well,But now my distances are a bit out and I air mailed 3 greens.9th hole I went back 1 club and hit it sweet,birdie putt dropped for a 4 pointer,other wise front score would have been even worse.Quick chat with swing doctor and sorted out a couple of things,and I was alot more consistent.A 2 over back 9 for 20 points left me with 31.It was a good fight back,I was striking the ball really well,and the putter was behaving as well.
    31 points
    4 wipes
    2 birdies
    8 greens in reg,which is becoming more consistent for me

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I didn't report my Monday game, partly because it was bad, and partly because I lost interest in the rain and found that speed putting in the rain doesn't help your score.

What a difference two days makes. 10 shots better, at 38 points, even though I hit the ball about the same. But some good bounces instead of bad bounces, chips and sandies to tap in range, and much better putting gave me a very pleasing score.

There must be a slight chance of an interstate Ozgolf Champs visit, because my handicap is starting to going down just in time to spoil my chances of winning anything.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

77/34 points this morning.

PPBBBPbPP-bBPPBBBBP

Got stuck in runs of bogies a couple of times. A chip-in on 17 and a long putt on 18 helped keep things respectable. Pretty average golf really, some really bad wedges missing the green from <100.

First round today since new years day at Tenterfield where I got within one shot of my best ever round of 81, hitting 82 in the final round of the few days down there.

Today I was back at Oxley in the Friday comp, ended up with 92 off the stick for 32 points off 15. Front 9 was pretty ordinary but I improved on the back 9 for 19 points. I expected to be rusty so I'm actually pretty happy with my overall score today. I hit my irons quite well, not always in quite the direction I wanted but the contact was sweet on pretty much every shot.

As usual finished up with two good holes to keep me coming back 🤣, sinking a longish left to right breaking putt for par on the 17th after a nice recovery shot from the left rough, then regulation fairway and green on the 18th with two putts for another par.

Next round on Sunday at Caboolture with the social club, then back again at Oxley on Tuesday for my last day of holidays.

Played PAR today.I don't often tee up with the main club,but decided I would play with Beaconhills today.A decision between PAR or Ambrose.Anywhoo I struck it nice,putted ok,hit greens and fairways.
    +1
    9 greens in reg
    8 fairways in reg
    32 putts
    76 ots

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Played PAR today.I don't often tee up with the main club,but decided I would play with Beaconhills today.A decision between PAR or Ambrose.Anywhoo I struck it nice,putted ok,hit greens and fairways.+19 greens in reg8 fairways in reg32 putts76 otsSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    That's some pretty good golf. Although given the choice I'd always go with the ambrose, we don't play enough of those at my club.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    That's some pretty good golf. Although given the choice I'd always go with the ambrose, we don't play enough of those at my club.
    I enjoy Ambrose,but prefer to play my own ball.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Splendid day on the links today.

Thread Information