Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default This could be my driver for 2021 ...

... the Cobra Rad Speed driver. 😍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqcQpIjyW8

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    ... the Cobra Rad Speed driver.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqcQpIjyW8
    A lot of good options this year. Demo'd the zx7 and tsi3 today. Also solid options. Just need a better name and more fluro...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Just watched a review by Rick Shiels who reckons that while it certainly is a good driver, for him the RadSpeed was not markedly better than the Speedzone or F9.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Just watched a review by Rick Shiels who reckons that while it certainly is a good driver, for him the RadSpeed was not markedly better than the Speedzone or F9.
    Not sure if he’s a perennial fence sitter or the most over the top YouTube golf pro?

Whenever I feel I’ve got him nailed he does something to bust out of the mould.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Not sure if he’s a perennial fence sitter or the most over the top YouTube golf pro?Whenever I feel I’ve got him nailed he does something to bust out of the mould.
    I think he's less over the top than someone like Mark Crossfield.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

I think he's less over the top than someone like Mark Crossfield.
    Yeah ok, I would’ve though Crossfield was very non-committal, middle of the road in his statements.

I reckon someone with more IT skills could piece together a montage of “Just a solid golf club” statements.

**I bet everyone just read that in his accent!

No offence to Rick, but I’d rather go with the TXG guys when it comes to reviews.Off the screws, they all go about the same. It’s the mishits where the new driver is reportedly showing improvements.I hit some of my longest drives with F9 but where I thought it lagged behind Callaway and TM was on hits high on the face and toe/heel shots. In all honesty, my swing is so crap atm that no new club is going to help me. Time to make some improvements and put some money aside for club purchases next year. 😎

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by ron burgundy View Post
    distance!!!!!

Member Teaching Pro

Agree, TXG will be the big mover on YouTube whilst Crossfield and Rick sit still.

No offence to Rick, but I’d rather go with the TXG guys when it comes to reviews.Off the screws, they all go about the same. It’s the mishits where the new driver is reportedly showing improvements.I hit some of my longest drives with F9 but where I thought it lagged behind Callaway and TM was on hits high on the face and toe/heel shots. In all honesty, my swing is so crap atm that no new club is going to help me. Time to make some improvements and put some money aside for club purchases next year. ������

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Yeah I agree TXG are going to be huge , Ian and Matt are fun to watch . There are probably not to many fitters in the world who would know shafts better Ian . They do very fair reviews , usually with multiple shafts , and are backed up by numbers .
    When they start travelling and playing after the restrictions are off they will have some on course stuff as well . The experts/guests/coaches they get on are all extremely knowledgeable and easy to understand ( checkout the Gareth Raflewski vids ).
    I barely watch Crossfield anymore his attitude since the disagreement with Taylormade is terrible and his content is crap . He's lost the plot with his own bag , filled it with hybrids and Cleveland shovels and trying to tell us we need to concentrate
    on the 200 yard shot its where strokes are to be gained . Rick Sheils is a clown who is just putting up content , pretty much a typical clickbait youtube channel , but he has a million followers so he is raking it in
    Crossfield and Sheils rely on youtube for income whereas TXG dont

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

A bit off topic but loving Dan Hendriksens channel lately, just a nice good guy

I rarely watch any of these Youtube reviewers as the few I have seen didn't leave me feeling that was interesting and informative apart from the TXG links the other day in the discussion about how terrible I found the F9.
    Maybe it was the topic was very relevant but found the testing of different shafts and weights with live data more interesting over someone banging on about a club and just talking about other combo options.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Member Teaching Pro

Really interesting comment, I also hardly watch Crossfield now and agree that it would have been that "fued" with TaylorMade and his sarcastic bitching about them which was the start of it, then he signed a deal with Titleist (how the flower can you do impartial club reviews if you are sponsored by one?)

He got his timing all wrong, as when Crossfield picked that right with TM, they have been killing it ever since (M Series woods, much better irons/balls), from memory, it was all about TM refusing to send him a free driver to test... petty by TM, but his reaction was a classic "biting the hand that feeds you"

Shiels is fine, as are the other Brits with bad accents.

But TXG is kicking goals and will be the big upwards mover

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    Yeah I agree TXG are going to be huge , Ian and Matt are fun to watch . There are probably not to many fitters in the world who would know shafts better Ian . They do very fair reviews , usually with multiple shafts , and are backed up by numbers .
    When they start travelling and playing after the restrictions are off they will have some on course stuff as well . The experts/guests/coaches they get on are all extremely knowledgeable and easy to understand ( checkout the Gareth Raflewski vids ).
    I barely watch Crossfield anymore his attitude since the disagreement with Taylormade is terrible and his content is crap . He's lost the plot with his own bag , filled it with hybrids and Cleveland shovels and trying to tell us we need to concentrate
    on the 200 yard shot its where strokes are to be gained . Rick Sheils is a clown who is just putting up content , pretty much a typical clickbait youtube channel , but he has a million followers so he is raking it in
    Crossfield and Sheils rely on youtube for income whereas TXG dont

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

TXG actually make you want to go and have a full fit, well they do me anyway. Because you can see how Ian could make all the difference in the outcome. The problem is most golfers can't get past the distance numbers, whereas Ian can see the potential or otherwise. How many times has Matt hit two clubs similar distances, but the ball flight and consistency are totally different. But are there any TXG level fitters out in OZ there that have the equipment, stock and expertise to do what they do.? I am presuming Cool Clubs, but have no experience with them. Most fitters don't look past the most basic numbers it would seem.

And speaking of TXG, here is the Rad with an Autoflex test video;

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    TXG actually make you want to go and have a full fit, well they do me anyway. Because you can see how Ian could make all the difference in the outcome. The problem is most golfers can't get past the distance numbers, whereas Ian can see the potential or otherwise. How many times has Matt hit two clubs similar distances, but the ball flight and consistency are totally different. But are there any TXG level fitters out in OZ there that have the equipment, stock and expertise to do what they do.? I am presuming Cool Clubs, but have no experience with them. Most fitters don't look past the most basic numbers it would seem.And speaking of TXG, here is the Rad with an Autoflex test video;
    If TXG was in Australia, even if interstate, I would go to them for clubs every time.

Crossfield is unwatchable now, he has shown over the last two years that he is an absolute toolbag. His opinions hold zero weight and he constantly contradicts himself. Not surprising his subs have gone nowhere for the last two years, many I know have unsubbed him (including myself). TXG are great if you're into nerdy shaft fitting. Ian's knowledge is unsurpassed on Youtube. Rick is ok, content for the masses.

Member Teaching Pro

The only problem with the high-end fitters in Australia that I am aware of is that they don't sell you the STOCK club, what I mean by that is that they may get a Titleist TSi3 driver for $550, remove the stock shaft (which may be worth $150 on ebay) and upsell you a $500 shaft. They don't give you the stock option to test, or the stock shaft to take with you and re-sell... so you are always losing out to some degree...

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    TXG actually make you want to go and have a full fit, well they do me anyway. Because you can see how Ian could make all the difference in the outcome. The problem is most golfers can't get past the distance numbers, whereas Ian can see the potential or otherwise. How many times has Matt hit two clubs similar distances, but the ball flight and consistency are totally different. But are there any TXG level fitters out in OZ there that have the equipment, stock and expertise to do what they do.? I am presuming Cool Clubs, but have no experience with them. Most fitters don't look past the most basic numbers it would seem.

And speaking of TXG, here is the Rad with an Autoflex test video;

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Golf View Post
    The only problem with the high-end fitters in Australia that I am aware of is that they don't sell you the STOCK club, what I mean by that is that they may get a Titleist TSi3 driver for $550, remove the stock shaft (which may be worth $150 on ebay) and upsell you a $500 shaft. They don't give you the stock option to test, or the stock shaft to take with you and re-sell... so you are always losing out to some degree...
    If I was confident that they are as good as Ian at TXG, I’d be happy to let them keep the stock shaft. I’ve heard varying reports from people who got fitted at Pureform and Cool Clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Golf View Post
    If I was confident that they are as good as Ian at TXG, I’d be happy to let them keep the stock shaft. I’ve heard varying reports from people who got fitted at Pureform and Cool Clubs.
    I'm with Planet Golf on the high-end fitters.
    They obviously can't buy heads only from the Name Brands or the Australian Agent/Importer so they have to buy the whole Club in. To slug the Consumer for the complete Club plus retail for an up grade fitted shaft and keep the stock Shaft is where I also have issue. I just smells of double dipping at the consumers expense.
    I know these fitters are a business and need to make money but I just get the feeling this practice helps keep more people away from going down the good fitting path.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    I'm with Planet Golf on the high-end fitters.
    They obviously can't buy heads only from the Name Brands or the Australian Agent/Importer so they have to buy the whole Club in. To slug the Consumer for the complete Club plus retail for an up grade fitted shaft and keep the stock Shaft is where I also have issue. I just smells of double dipping at the consumers expense.
    I know for a fact that one of these high end clubfitters was tossing all the stock shafts in the bin, because another mate of mine was scrounging them out of the bin (with permission) and selling them on gumtree - he probably wasnt the only one, and they didnt care. However after a while they no longer let him have them, nor do they go in the bin.

This little side earner isnt the clubfitters fault - its the dopey customers demanding OEM gear, instead of component clubs that would cost less and be just as good if not better.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

You would go to a custom fitter to get a stock shaft why?
    THis is the difference with TXG as I see it I have heard Ian say numerous times that if someone brings in old heads for a fitting and are adament they want them after seeing numbers he will fit a new shaft to old heads as he says why wouldnt he if thats what the customer wants .If I go to a custom I fitter a want the full choice of heads and aftermarket shafts and if I like the pretty magenta one I will have it

Member Teaching Pro

CC, I think it is more a case of testing the heads with the stock shaft options and then the "most suitable" Aftermarket shaft, if the improvement is negligible, why not let the Customer just pay RRP for the stock club and pay the fitting fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    You would go to a custom fitter to get a stock shaft why?
    THis is the difference with TXG as I see it I have heard Ian say numerous times that if someone brings in old heads for a fitting and are adament they want them after seeing numbers he will fit a new shaft to old heads as he says why wouldnt he if thats what the customer wants .If I go to a custom I fitter a want the full choice of heads and aftermarket shafts and if I like the pretty magenta one I will have it

Thread Information