Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Golf View Post
    CC, I think it is more a case of testing the heads with the stock shaft options and then the "most suitable" Aftermarket shaft, if the improvement is negligible, why not let the Customer just pay RRP for the stock club and pay the fitting fee?
    I agree with this, but I must admit that I have never had a session with an independent fitter - all of my fittings have been done outdoors (with a launch monitor) when the various company reps come around.

I know roughly what suits me (heavier x-stiff), so all these sessions involved starting with me hitting my own club, then trying the rep's recommendation of the most relevant head and stock shaft combination, and then trialling other options to see if there is any improvement. In the last five years, there have been very few times when one of the stock options was not roughly equivalent to any of the aftermarket versions.

In fairness, the Hzrdus Black suits me well, and it is a very common stock shaft option these days. Sadly, it is clear that my own lack of consistency in strike generally over-rides any improvements with a $300 aftermarket option.

In contrast, fittings I did back between 2000-2015 (ish) would almost always have an aftermarket version that was noticeable better. I think companies have got better at making sure that the heads and stock shaft options are now a good fit for a majority of golfers.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Seriously liking the Srixon ZX5 with Rip Tide small batch 50 6.0

Member Teaching Pro

TXG will refer you to pureformgolf which is the equivalent here in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    TXG actually make you want to go and have a full fit, well they do me anyway. Because you can see how Ian could make all the difference in the outcome. The problem is most golfers can't get past the distance numbers, whereas Ian can see the potential or otherwise. How many times has Matt hit two clubs similar distances, but the ball flight and consistency are totally different. But are there any TXG level fitters out in OZ there that have the equipment, stock and expertise to do what they do.? I am presuming Cool Clubs, but have no experience with them. Most fitters don't look past the most basic numbers it would seem.

And speaking of TXG, here is the Rad with an Autoflex test video;

Thread Information