Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

39 points, 75. Had a lesson mid week and this was by far my best ball striking round for months.

Played the par 5's in +1, was pin high on 3 of the 4 for 2 and the fourth I was only 20 short so that was less than ideal.

Left a ball in a bunker twice!

On the flip side I made a couple of good putts.

Felt like par was in reach and that is the first time I have felt that way in a while.

Mount Compass kicked my butt in the rain today, shot an 85 with 3 doubles and a triple.

Wasn't in as good a condition as I expected, greens were a little inconsistent speed-wise and generally quite slow.

pretty warm weekend to play.... 29 points with a few holes wiped.. Putt well, but chipping is a let down

Stableford Round at Moruya, played fairly solid. Couple of makeable short putts missed for a better round.
    82/72 -35 Points
    BBDBBPPPP-BPb​PBPDBB

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Mount Compass kicked my butt in the rain today, shot an 85 with 3 doubles and a triple.Wasn't in as good a condition as I expected, greens were a little inconsistent speed-wise and generally quite slow.
    I found a similar story a few weeks ago with the green speed being quite inconsistent but I thought the condition overall was good.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Oh it certainly wasn't bad, but I had a few more bad lies in fairways than I'd expect there.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had a pleasing 35 points today, in humidity you could cut with a knife. Despite what Bryson says, it didn't seem to make any difference to how far the ball flew. Mistakes got punished, but I hit a lot of good shots as well, so I am happy.

Fortunately, it also made no difference to the straightness. I didn't miss a fairway, and fortunately so, because the rough was deep, and after a week of rain if you stood still you could just about see the grass growing. The many lawn mowing and garden maintenance people in my area will be doing extra duty for the next few weeks.

For the golf ball enthusiasts who inhabit the equipment section, one of my partners was using a Snell golf ball. First time I've ever seen one. It didn't help him much.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Back 9 holes at Rowville lakes today.Fairways are rock hard,bare in patches but generally ok.Greens were good.
    2 over
    1 birdie
    2 biggies
    5 pars
    Hi light was the 30 footer for birdie.
    Hitting most things well,struggling a bit with the driver

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

21/12/2020, Burleigh GC, Stableford.

Stats: 4/12 fairways, 5/18 greens, 30 putts.
    Score: XPBXXBbPPB BPPPPBPP; 80 (+11); Stab 34pts.

21/12/2020, Surfers Paradise GC, Social.

Stats: 9/13 fairways, 6/18 greens, 28 putts.
    Score: BPBbXbPPB BPPBPPPPX; 77 (+7).

A terrible first six holes at Burleigh, where my short game was trash, got me to 9 over and all of my daily handicap shots gone. Two over for the next 12 thanks to some great scrambling left a good looking scorecard in the end.

I went straight to Surfers Paradise and continued where I left off, with the driver behaving a bit better, but the good scrambling continued. One hiccup on the front nine was courtesy of a greenskeeper deciding to mow directly behind the flag while I was in my shot, and the other was 36 hole walking fatigue kicking in on the last; both ended up with balls in the drink.

A good day for my game, and things are definitely heading in the right direction. Handicap down 0.3 to 10.4 now too.

Next round: RQ with Ferrins tomorrow.

Nice work Andy. 36 holes in a day is tough, is this a regular occurrence for you? singles not far away
    WITB

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Nice work Andy. 36 holes in a day is tough, is this a regular occurrence for you? singles not far away
    Definitely not a regular occurrence, especially in this heat. I'm just squeezing in plenty of golf over this Xmas, and feeding my renewed obsession of the game. I needed a good Radox bath after yesterday. I'm showing form that should return me to single figures. If I was to use all social games for handicap calculation like the US do, I'd be off 8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Definitely not a regular occurrence, especially in this heat. I'm just squeezing in plenty of golf over this Xmas, and feeding my renewed obsession of the game. I needed a good Radox bath after yesterday. I'm showing form that should return me to single figures. If I was to use all social games for handicap calculation like the US do, I'd be off 8.8.
    That's great mate. Keep it going.
    WITB

22/12/2020, Royal Queensland GC, Stableford.

Stats: 7/14 fairways, 6/18 greens, 33 putts.
    Score: BBPPPXBBB BPPPXBPBB; 85 (+13); Stab 35pts.

Me again. Another solid round this morning and a good test at RQ. I didn't feel as on as yesterday, but managed to scrap around for a decent score. I had one good patch with the driver, but it didn't last. I also had a few three putts, but the greens were cored, and are tough usually, so that isn't too upsetting. Approaches are a mixed bag.

That will be my third consecutive flag for the handicap.

Next round: I'm definitely playing at Glenview Par 3 on Thursday with my 13yo, so I'll probably just go to the range or club practice green tomorrow.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

29 points this morning at Belmont GC. First time playing the course and in good conditions.

A couple of penalties off the tee didn't help. I struggled with the greens all round, I tended to over-read the break and pace all round. The result was 37 putts including 5 3-putts. Ballstriking with the irons is on the improve with 8 GIR but could only convert 1 into a birdie.

I will have to get there again next year to play, I quite enjoyed the course.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyMitch View Post
    29 points this morning at Belmont GC. First time playing the course and in good conditions.

A couple of penalties off the tee didn't help. I struggled with the greens all round, I tended to over-read the break and pace all round. The result was 37 putts including 5 3-putts. Ballstriking with the irons is on the improve with 8 GIR but could only convert 1 into a birdie.

I will have to get there again next year to play, I quite enjoyed the course.
    Agree, it is a nice track to play. I found the greens a bit two paced, some quick-some slow, some soft-some firm. It would be a different beast when the wind gets up.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Last game before Xmas. Santa was relatively kind to me, giving me 36 points and a flag round to replace a flag round dropping off.

My lowlight was having all the planets and wind directions aligning for me so that our short par 5 was actually reachable in two for me. i got it into the greenside bunker, so with a bunker preferred lie what could go wrong? A thinner over the green was the answer. Bummer.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

76 at Regency Park today (social round). Hit lots of fairways and greens, just didn't make many putts. Was pleasantly surprised by the course (for those outside SA, it's a 9 hole layout with two tee blocks per hole). Some interesting holes (particularly liked the par 5s), huge greens, and in pretty good condition (just a bit dry at the moment).

Senior Member Major Winner

Needed to par the last to raise the bat in a good way

47 at RQ. 3 birds, 1 wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Needed to par the last to raise the bat in a good way

47 at RQ. 3 birds, 1 wipe.
    47 points??? What a round! Although if you needed a par for 50, does that mean you wiped it?

A scratchy 76 (35 points) this morning. Pretty good considering some average ball striking, only really had a couple of bad holes (2 points total on holes 10-12).

I've played 6 rounds & 9 holes on a par course in the last 8 days, so I'm going to have a few days off to recover. My body is a temple - old, crumbling and possibly haunted.

Senior Member Major Winner

47 points??? What a round! Although if you needed a par for 50, does that mean you wiped it?
    Yes. Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Yes. Yes it does.
    Ouch. Still, I've never witnessed a 50 point round, let along shot one myself. I think 45 is my highest. Well done again.

Holy shit, that's some high scoring? About 7 or 8 over? Well done! How many clubs in the bag?

I've played 6 rounds & 9 holes on a par course in the last 8 days, so I'm going to have a few days off to recover. My body is a temple - old, crumbling and possibly haunted.
    Soft! You've got Christmas Day off to recover. What more do you need?

Lost the ELE Cup 6&5 at RQ. I had 35points. Just ran into a freight train. Well played Mick. Thanks Ron and Ferrins as well.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Thread Information