Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

If TXG are adding weight to 75% of their F9 driver's that's consistent with what you're feeling.

Senior Member Major Winner

Very interesting.
    What they are saying is exactly what I’m feeling when I mentioned straight off I could feel the Shaft weight not the head.
    Looks like I’ll be looking for some heavy weights for it.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Very interesting.
    What they are saying is exactly what I’m feeling when I mentioned straight off I could feel the Shaft weight not the head.
    Looks like I’ll be looking for some heavy weights for it.
    I love my F9, and when my swing is on its easily the best driver I have ever used.

I switched the 2g weight for a 6g weight (now 20g total) and it weighs in at 207g. Even in stock form, the 203g it was wouldnt be considered light.

I now play it at 43.75", and it easily swingweights at D2. Maybe I got lucky with a sensible headweight from factory.

I’ll pull the head and weigh it tomorrow then go from there.

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    I love my F9, and when my swing is on its easily the best driver I have ever used.

I switched the 2g weight for a 6g weight (now 20g total) and it weighs in at 207g. Even in stock form, the 203g it was wouldnt be considered light.

I now play it at 43.75", and it easily swingweights at D2. Maybe I got lucky with a sensible headweight from factory.
    My F9 only weighs 195g with screw (4g). Headweights are the standard 14g & 2g. That is the same as my F8. My TS3 Head weighs 193g with Screw.

I struggled with the F9 initially. I just could not find the middle of the face. But I seemed to "grow" into it after a few rounds. I suspect I was trying to hit it too hard and started "slapping" it initially.
    Last edited by Daves; 6th December 2020 at 06:55 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Very interesting.What they are saying is exactly what I’m feeling when I mentioned straight off I could feel the Shaft weight not the head.Looks like I’ll be looking for some heavy weights for it.
    Sorry to hear it’s not working for you Hatchy. I played it at 44.5 so added some lead tape to get the SW back up to D3.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

29 points today 15 in, 14 out.

Just never got started, 4 wipes never results in a decent score.

I was in a small vein of form before today's round and I found it incredibly frustrating
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Last day of golf trip today at Victor Harbour Golf Course. We just played a skins round to finish the trip as no comp was on offer. I think 3 days of golf was too much for me. Similar story to yesterday, drove it well but irons let me down severely, putting was better. I'm looking forward to a short break and then our Xmas round next week.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

33 points at Oxley yesterday off 15 (90 off the stick). This continues a few weeks of hitting around the high 80s-low 90s. Off the tee was a bit crappy, more so in the last 5 holes than the rest. I couldn't get used to the green speed either and had 36 putts, if I'd made a few more I'd have had a few birdies as I hit 7/18 greens which was an improvement on the last few weeks. This coming Sunday I'm back there again but this time in the social club for some 2ball Ambrose or something.

stroke round on Saturday... was doing well with my game, playing conservatively with layups and putting well....

till #8 and the curry I had the night before came back with a vengence..... had to run off #9 and ended the day

Shitty golf at it's finest...

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    stroke round on Saturday... was doing well with my game, playing conservatively with layups and putting well....

till #8 and the curry I had the night before came back with a vengence..... had to run off #9 and ended the day

Code Brown, code Brown
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post

Did a golf towel, jumper or beanie have to make the ultimate sacrifice?
    Reminder to self, I still haven't replaced my Titleist beanie that had to be sacrificed a few years ago.

W.I.T.B

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A 'who cares about reports of 32 point scores' round for me today.

The greens had been and still are, in the process of renovation. The first 5 holes had a heavy covering of freshly laid sand, and naturally I putted like a demon on them, using the tried and true hit and hope method.. The other holes had the excess sand scraped off, and I couldn't putt on them. But really it was my swing and ball striking that let me down after a good start.

Next game will be Wednesday, where the greens will probably be worse, so hopefully I'll putt well on them again.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I've been working at nights lately with a customer in the UK, so snuck out for the Tuesday morning comp. Weather was much better than the weekend, as was the golf.

PbBPPPbPP-PBPBPbbPB 71/64

Lots of work on my putting in the last few days, particularly short putts, really paid off. No 3 putts, didn't miss anything inside 6 feet. I don't think my ball striking was perfect, but still hit 11 greens. Took advantage of the 3 par 5s, birdied all of them.

Standing on the 18th tee at -1, I wasn't completely relaxed A couple of nervous swings later had me pin high but in the rough to the right of the green. Decent chip, just didn't take the slope down to the hole. Down hill, right to left 11-12 foot putt for a 70, just held the line a bit and missed on the high side. Still, first time playing to par, hopefully there'll be more chances to go under.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I've been working at nights lately with a customer in the UK, so snuck out for the Tuesday morning comp. Weather was much better than the weekend, as was the golf.PbBPPPbPP-PBPBPbbPB 71/64Lots of work on my putting in the last few days, particularly short putts, really paid off. No 3 putts, didn't miss anything inside 6 feet. I don't think my ball striking was perfect, but still hit 11 greens. Took advantage of the 3 par 5s, birdied all of them.Standing on the 18th tee at -1, I wasn't completely relaxed A couple of nervous swings later had me pin high but in the rough to the right of the green. Decent chip, just didn't take the slope down to the hole. Down hill, right to left 11-12 foot putt for a 70, just held the line a bit and missed on the high side. Still, first time playing to par, hopefully there'll be more chances to go under.
    Unreal golf mate. Is that an official PB? Great to see everything come together in one round!
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Unreal golf mate. Is that an official PB? Great to see everything come together in one round!
    Thanks. Yes, previous best was 73.

I've been working at nights lately with a customer in the UK, so snuck out for the Tuesday morning comp. Weather was much better than the weekend, as was the golf.

PbBPPPbPP-PBPBPbbPB 71/64

Lots of work on my putting in the last few days, particularly short putts, really paid off. No 3 putts, didn't miss anything inside 6 feet. I don't think my ball striking was perfect, but still hit 11 greens. Took advantage of the 3 par 5s, birdied all of them.

Standing on the 18th tee at -1, I wasn't completely relaxed A couple of nervous swings later had me pin high but in the rough to the right of the green. Decent chip, just didn't take the slope down to the hole. Down hill, right to left 11-12 foot putt for a 70, just held the line a bit and missed on the high side. Still, first time playing to par, hopefully there'll be more chances to go under.
    Very nice BYU, so close.
    A Red number round is just around the corner by the looks.

W.I.T.B

Very nice BYU, so close.
    A Red number round is just around the corner by the looks.
    Thanks. I don't expect to shoot that low every time, my focus is really on getting in the mid 70's with more consistency. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to do that, other than between my ears.

Thanks. I don't expect to shoot that low every time, my focus is really on getting in the mid 70's with more consistency. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to do that, other than between my ears.
    Enjoy riding the wave while your on it and long may it continue.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 8th December 2020 at 05:47 PM.

W.I.T.B

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Congratulations, BYU.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

No purple patch par round for me (but I remember those good old days), but a fairly pleasing 35 points. I played two awful holes in a row on 7 and 8, which destroyed my chances of a good score, and I feared my swing was going to collapse completely, but I survived the rest of the game without calamity.

The strange thing about the game was my good putting on terrible, recently renovated greens. The ball wobbled all over the place, but usually finished somewhere close to the intended target, which is better than what I've been doing in recent times.

We're supposed to be getting 200mm of rain over the next week, so I'm not sure when my next game will be.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Didn't play as well today, didn't hit a single GIR on the back 9 which made scoring hard. Some good chipping and putting kept things respectable. Highlight was a 4h from ~180 on 7 to about 6-7 feet. Lowlight was missing that putt. Not a gimme, but it hurts to miss such a good chance at eagle. Putting was otherwise solid - 29 putts, no 3 putts, no misses inside 5-6 feet (the putt on 7 was the shortest putt I missed). Had a few more putts burn edges - I guess putting better means more putts go close.

BPBPbBbPP-BPBBPPPBB 77/36 points

Made a mess of 18, bashing a putt from off the green too far past the hole, should've chipped.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

12/12/2020, Lowood GC, Stableford.

Stats: 8/14 fairways, 7/18 greens, 26 putts.
    Score: BPPPPBPBP BPPPbBBPb; 39:37:76; (+3:+1:+4); Stab 19:20:39pts.

Finally! This is the first time that I have broken handicap in the current five year history of my golflink record. Sure, it took my handicap moving out from 5.8 to 11.3 and playing at an easy course, but I still played well and hopefully it continues.

Driving was inconsistent, but the course didn't punish the misses of fairways, or greens too much either. The greens were a little furry, but I didn't miss anything within a couple of metres and rolled a few good ones in, including a big one on the last to finish with a bird.

Next round: I really wanted to play again immediately after at another course out that way, but I'll just have to wait until next weekend or an opening during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    12/12/2020, Lowood GC, Stableford.

Stats: 8/14 fairways, 7/18 greens, 26 putts.
    Score: BPPPPBPBP BPPPbBBPb; 39:37:76; (+3:+1:+4); Stab 19:20:39pts.

Finally! This is the first time that I have broken handicap in the current five year history of my golflink record. Sure, it took my handicap moving out from 5.8 to 11.3 and playing at an easy course, but I still played well and hopefully it continues.

Driving was inconsistent, but the course didn't punish the misses of fairways, or greens too much either. The greens were a little furry, but I didn't miss anything within a couple of metres and rolled a few good ones in, including a big one on the last to finish with a bird.

Next round: I really wanted to play again immediately after at another course out that way, but I'll just have to wait until next weekend or an opening during the week.
    Where TF is Lowood?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Where TF is Lowood?
    What Queenslander doesn't know that? Out near Laidley on the way to Toowoomba. What's the course like? Dry?

Thread Information