Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Simulator set up

I did a bit of a search and couldn’t see this topic recently. Sorry if it’s a rehash and feel free to point me in the right direction.
    I’m wanting to set up a sim in my garage. I have a mevo plus on the way.
    I need impact screen, mat and projector.
    Don’t want to spend thousands. But would like a reasonable experience!
    I have an old projector. It’s 15 years old so not HD or anything like that but I thought it might do short term. Maybe not.
    I’ll probably use it 30-60 minutes most evenings.
    Any suggestions on where to get screen, mat and projector in Australia? Any suggestions on what to get or avoid?I’m on the Gold Coast btw.
    Thanks.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

http://www.globalgolfproducts.spiffy...ions/golf-mats
    I bought a mat from here. They no longer have the one I bought which is a small piece with 3 grass types for about $60 (60x90cm), and its really good quality. would buy again both the 3D Model and the Tee Turf model. not a fan of the Plush Pile one. You could probably source the same mat from somewhere else.

there was a thread earlier this year where golf mats were discussed in great detail, but I cant find it, there was a lot of contributions and pictures.

bear in mind you dont have to buy the 150x150cm model if for yourself, because you aint gunna wear it out. I had some el cheapo artificial grass from bunnings, about $20 and put that on top of some of those 1m2 rubber tiles and its a good surface for standing on.

I am on the gold coast so if you want to have a look/hit on the mat i bought, you are welcome.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I don’t know whether Mevo is the best device for an indoor simulator. Skytrak would be much more accurate and give you more meaningful information indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I don’t know whether Mevo is the best device for an indoor simulator. Skytrak would be much more accurate and give you more meaningful information indoors.
    Mevo plus (not mevo) gets very good reviews. Very comparable to skytrack. Looked a bit better to me.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Mevo plus (not mevo) gets very good reviews. Very comparable to skytrack. Looked a bit better to me.
    Ah, my bad. I was thinking about the original mevo.Have fun with it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Depends on your budget really. I have gone the cheap route, not the best, I figured I could upgrade each component as required down the track.

Similar to what marktheblake said I used was the tee turf in medium size and then surrounded it with the exercise tiles from Big W.

http://www.globalgolfproducts.spiffy...ions/golf-mats

Frame is poly pipe from Bunnings, cheap, light and easy to work with.

'Impact screen' is flannel type material from Spotlight. I was using shade cloth but kept putting holes in it. The shade cloth is in behind it.

I bought a cheap projector off ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/ipp/17437863...2047675.l48352

All goes well enough. Main issue is surrounding light making the projector struggle.

If I was to upgrade it would be a better screen. That said my screen is a weird size to fit in the area so it is never going to be perfect.

Main limit for usage for me is weather as mine is in an external shed and through summer it is not great.

Happy to ansswer any queries you have.

IMG_2491.jpgIMG_2489.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    I did a bit of a search and couldn’t see this topic recently. Sorry if it’s a rehash and feel free to point me in the right direction. I’m wanting to set up a sim in my garage. I have a mevo plus on the way. I need impact screen, mat and projector. Don’t want to spend thousands. But would like a reasonable experience!I have an old projector. It’s 15 years old so not HD or anything like that but I thought it might do short term. Maybe not. I’ll probably use it 30-60 minutes most evenings. Any suggestions on where to get screen, mat and projector in Australia? Any suggestions on what to get or avoid?I’m on the Gold Coast btw. Thanks.
    So, when's the VIP unveiling?

Wondering how the mevo plus is going? I’m looking for a launch monitor for my garage too, but thought mevo didn’t work well in metal sheds - mine is a typical Aussie backyard shed made from steel. Is that what you’re hitting in? Any dramas?

Thread Information