Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    So I hadn't played for a month with a bad back, been exercising, stretching and had a few visits to the chiro, to try and get the pain down.Back x-rays revealed a major problem with the hip, so possible surgery coming up there.Anyway bunted it around yesterday for 37 points off 1. Wasn't pretty but was nice to watch my son have 6 birdies on his way to 39 points.
    Good bunting Ash. Hope all goes well with the hip. That boy will be after new gear soon.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Is it Sunday yet? After going to the range on Wednesday, I've been busting to go out on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Is it Sunday yet? After going to the range on Wednesday, I've been busting to go out on the course.
    I've been hanging out for it too. Playing at Oxley tomorrow in the medley comp. Maybe I can finally crack 30 points on my official handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    I've been hanging out for it too. Playing at Oxley tomorrow in the medley comp. Maybe I can finally crack 30 points on my official handicap.
    What time are comp times at Oxley on Sundays?I went to the range today. Ball striking wasn't as good, but I'm still keen.

What time are comp times at Oxley on Sundays?I went to the range today. Ball striking wasn't as good, but I'm still keen.
    On a Sunday they used to be 1100 to 1230 ish

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

69 -1 at Brighton Lakes (local track)
    78 +6 at Dunheved (with a triple and double)
    79 +7 at NSW (blowing 40-50kph then storm off the blacks) but awesome fun

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    On a Sunday they used to be 1100 to 1230 ish
    That's what I thought it would be. Most clubs have that sort of time for Sundays.

22/11/2020, Wolston Park GC, Stableford.

Stats: 4/11 fairways, 7/18 greens, 32 putts.
    Score: PPPBXXBPP PXPPBXXXP; 41:40:81; (+6:+8:+14); stab 15:12:27pts.

Early on, I thought I was finally in for a good round, but it turns out that range form is not the same as course form, and I struggled for consistency for the round. I made par look easy on some holes, then would play absolute trash on the next, especially when the pulls came into my game from who knows where.

The driver wasn't as bad as the fairways stats show, I finally hit some greens, and the putting was solid, without sinking any long ones. Chipping stinks, although I feel that I was short sided for many of my misses.

The 17th is the hardest hole on the course, and for my stats, I'm recording it as a par, but unfortunately my scorecard says differently. A guy in a social group picked up my ball amongst a cluster of 3 (also a Srixon) before I got to the area, and I didn't discover that he had grabbed my Srixon until I was about to putt after my flushed hybrid approach. Wipe, instead of the three points. Two more of our groups balls got picked up on the next hole. Bloody idiot social players!

Next round: As much as I prefer comps, it looks like it will be a Sunday social 18 at Oxley next week at social green fee cost. Blegh! I might look for a comp somewhere on Saturday, as well, in that case.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

36 points today. No birdies, a 4 putt and 3 3 putts. Lazy and dumb.

New driver must go ok, I found fairway bunkers I have rarely reached before.

So it should have been better, but I might finally get off my anchor.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

35 points at Penrith yesterday off 6
    Birdie on the first, missed a 3 footer for bird on the last
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

40 points today, could have been anything.

19 points going out, with 20 putts
    21 points coming in, with 17 putts

Should seriously have been 45 points, but I couldn't buy a putt today.

As I've drifted out to 11 for the first time in 15 years and played off 12, I saluted and won A Grade today.

No idea how with such a cold putter, but was very good tee to green
    Last edited by chappy1970; 22nd November 2020 at 08:13 PM.
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

I think it was about 10am to 11:30 or something. My group teed off around 10:40. Played off 15 today and ended up making my goal of over 30 points with 34 from 89 off the stick with two wipes to finish 4th. I was +5 after 9 holes but started getting tired in the last 5 or 6 holes and got a little erratic. I was hitting the driver pretty well although some rolled off the edge of fairways so I only hit 5 but had good looks at the green from most of the others. Also hit 5 greens but was pretty happy with how I hit the short irons despite that. No shanks, topped or chunked ones. Overall pretty happy with the round, had a few lately that have been pretty crap.

Senior Member Major Winner

32. 3 wipes, 1 birdie.

Most notable was a 3 putt par on the par 5 8th.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'd be tempted not to post another woeful score, this time 27 points, particularly not one with 39 putts ans zero 1 putt greens.

But something happened to me today that should never happen to a remotely competent golfer. I can't call myself competent after hitting the wrong ball WHILE IN A BUNKER. I was irritated that a wicked bounce put my ball into the bunker and not next to the flag, and while another player was driving back down the fairway to replay a lost ball I thought I'd play first to get my ball out of the way. I didn't even consider that my ball, which had rolled into the bunker, would be further into the bunker than the other ball, which went in on the fly. Round ruined, and a lesson learned.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thankfully, relatively normal service has been resumed after three horrendous putting rounds in a row. A pleasing 35 points for me today, with a few putts holed and two genuine up and downs. One bunker disaster wipe, but apart from that, a good day and a badly needed flag round (now that I'm not handicap farming.

The sad point is that I may have finally worked my putting out, only for the greens to get torn up and resanded next week.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

PePPPPPPB-BPBPBbPPB

73 gross for 40 points... except we're not running comps at the moment. I'm still counting it as my lowest ever round, it was played in the same conditions.

Good putt on the second after a monster off the tee left me ~150 out for my first eagle on that hole. Birdie putt lipped out on 6, and fluffed a chip on 9.

I enjoyed the slightly heavier shaft in the M5 (Hzrdus smoke 70), with 3 280+ drives. A couple of pushes, but only 1 miss really cost me. U510 was again solid off the tee.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    PePPPPPPB-BPBPBbPPB

73 gross for 40 points... except we're not running comps at the moment. I'm still counting it as my lowest ever round, it was played in the same conditions.

Good putt on the second after a monster off the tee left me ~150 out for my first eagle on that hole. Birdie putt lipped out on 6, and fluffed a chip on 9.

I enjoyed the slightly heavier shaft in the M5 (Hzrdus smoke 70), with 3 280+ drives. A couple of pushes, but only 1 miss really cost me. U510 was again solid off the tee.
    Fantastic work mate! No surprise to me, you are very capable of even par or better. Great stuff. Is this the end of the Mizuno??
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

PePPPPPPB-BPBPBbPPB

Nice work BYU. Been waiting for one of these rounds to pop up. First of a run of decent rounds maybe?
    Your too good a ball striker to be messing around with the low 80's
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Fantastic work mate! No surprise to me, you are very capable of even par or better. Great stuff. Is this the end of the Mizuno??
    Thanks. Too early to say for sure, but possibly. I don't think the M5 is longer than the ST190, I just feel a bit more in control. Which probably lets me swing a bit harder and hit it a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Nice work BYU. Been waiting for one of these rounds to pop up. First of a run of decent rounds maybe?
    Your too good a ball striker to be messing around with the low 80's
    Thanks. Yes, a few things are starting to come together at the moment, iron striking is the best it's ever been, putting is solid, and I'm playing well off the tee. Having a driving iron that I know I can hit well is helping there, lowering risk on some holes where 200m in the fairway is plenty.

PePPPPPPB-BPBPBbPPB

Well done, BYU, great score. And congratulations on being the first to use the little e out of those of us that post with that scoring format.

fine form BYU, fingers crossed that handicap gets super low by the time Champs 2020 v.2.0 comes around

Otherwise you may as well hang onto the jacket until November

Covid is just a worldwide plot by BYU to eliminate golf competitions in SA as he hits peak form whilst his cap does not drop any further to put himself in prime position prior to Ozgolf champs. Change my mind.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    fine form BYU, fingers crossed that handicap gets super low by the time Champs 2020 v.2.0 comes around

Otherwise you may as well hang onto the jacket until November
    There will be no Champs 2020 v.2.0
    Next one will Champs 2021 no matter what month it's held

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    There will be no Champs 2020 v.2.0
    Next one will Champs 2021 no matter what month it's held
    So I'm the first multi-year champion? Plenty of time to blow the handicap out

So I'm the first multi-year champion? Plenty of time to blow the handicap out
    Your the second. There was no S.A Champs in 2018.
    Couldn't get the planets to align that year.

Honor Roll is:
    2014 - 3Puttpete
    2015 - Simsy
    2016 - Marcel
    2017 - Peppas
    2018 - no Champs held
    2019 - BobsYourUncle
    2020 - Parafield Covid Cluster
    Last edited by Hatchman; 26th November 2020 at 03:30 PM.

W.I.T.B

Thread Information