Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Hamilton Island GC, December 3, 4, or 5

I'll be up at Hamilton Island at the start of December for a few days, and it would be a waste to not have a hit across at Dent Is on this golf course that I've heard a bit about. I know some of you love the place, so here's an invitation to join me. If you are interested, nominate the best day for you, as I'd prefer to play with company, than do it solo.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I'll be up at Hamilton Island at the start of December for a few days, and it would be a waste to not have a hit across at Dent Is on this golf course that I've heard a bit about. I know some of you love the place, so here's an invitation to join me. If you are interested, nominate the best day for you, as I'd prefer to play with company, than do it solo.
    I would have come but I go back to work on the 1st for 7 days

I have an Airlie Beach leg to the trip, but I'll be gone by the 8th, which covers your whole on roster. 🙁

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I have an Airlie Beach leg to the trip, but I'll be gone by the 8th, which covers your whole on roster. ������
    Just a tip Andy: pack at least 1 dozen cheap balls. Do not purchase any at the clubhouse unless you want to pay rack rate

Dent is certainly beautiful....but take your stinger with you. You need it to stay under the normal heavy wind. Also, its a little like Barnbougle was when it first opened. Whatever your handicap is, take that many balls with you. Enjoy the views!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Just a tip Andy: pack at least 1 dozen cheap balls. Do not purchase any at the clubhouse unless you want to pay rack rate
    I was probably just going to take some new and old balls that I have collected over the years, which are half decent, but not something that I would normally use like Srixon SoftFeels, MaxFli Revolution, etc.
    I should take some good balls to use for close approaches and around the greens to keep some feel; it's not like I am playing in a comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gilson View Post
    Dent is certainly beautiful....but take your stinger with you. You need it to stay under the normal heavy wind. Also, its a little like Barnbougle was when it first opened. Whatever your handicap is, take that many balls with you. Enjoy the views!!!!
    No stinger here. I hit fly balls. If it is a solo round, I might aim for an early round then, as it was suggested in a previous thread about Hamilton Island, that the wind doesn't get up until later.
    It is looking likely that I will not take my own clubs, and use hire clubs instead. I don't really like the idea, but it is the most practical when travelling with the family to stay at Hamilton Island, then a couple of days at Airlie Beach, and flying out with Jetstar from Proserpine.

Due to the above, I will have to drop my expectations for the quality of my golf, and focus on enjoying the quality of the golf course and surroundings.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Andy they have Titleist hire sets (Ap1's from memory with vokey wedges) that are half decent

Thanks, I read that the hire clubs are half decent in a thread here. It still won't be the same though, especially the driver.

Which tees should I go off? Hoop Pine (back), Pandanas, or Grass Tee? I'm leaning towards Pandanas for the most enjoyment. I don't like to be hit over the head with course length.

Which tees should I go off? Hoop Pine (back), Pandanas, or Grass Tee? I'm leaning towards Pandanas for the most enjoyment. I don't like to be hit over the head with course length.
    It's pretty short off the front tees. We've always played it from the backs.

I based my initial assessment off the par 3 lengths.

Thread Information