Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Putting Guru View Post
    A good few of you in the same boat with time restrictions. I also reckon Ian stands out though. Perhaps what we could do is award the putter this month, then continue on another month with the incentive being an instructor's cap for anyone who manages to get BoomTech over that time. We can have multiple "winners" that way. What do you think?
    I think it is a great idea to continue monitoring our progress month to month (a prize is nice too) as it will ensure that we continue with practice rather than letting it end up under the bed gathering dust.
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Well, if there are no objections, I'd like to propose that we make Ian the winner...

Personally, I think he deserves it based on his application to the task and what he's managed to demonstrate on his videos. His performances in rounds are just the icing on the cake.

Ian, let me know how tall you are so we can get a putter made for you.

And for everyone else, to give you more Boom time, and give you more opportunity to exchange vids, let's stay with it for another month, until end of July. Instructor's Caps to everyone who can demonstrate BoomTech at the end of the period.

dual_1.600.jpg

If anyone else wants to join, that should be OK too. Feedback?

It's your show PG
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Pm sent
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
    It's your show PG
    Feel more comfortable with a bit of concensus.

31 putts today. Zero 3 putts. Ordinary at middle distance still.

Haven't practiced putting in 8 days but felt good over the lag putts straight after I rolled the first one. Continue to suprise myself with how good the result is even on ones I think I have fudged up.
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

My putting has definitely improved. More confidence and my green reads are better because I hit my line.

Some Guy I had a round with for the first was asking me putting tips because he thought I was a good putter. I pointed him to the website.

It's great having it set up permanently in the living room. Not a day goes by where there's not a few practice putts had.

Played pennants and won 3/2. Would have been more except that I had my son caddy for me, and didn't think it was a good look trashing my opponent by 7 or 8. So I took few risky shots I usually wouldn't take in a matchplay.

This win was due the improvement in my putting. We played WAGC,
    those in Perth would know how fast and true these greens could be. The first hole is measured 226m par 3. I hit 180m 5w into the wind and pitched 15m past the whole hole to the top tier. Made the putt middle hole.

2nd hole 421 par 4, hit driver 3w and wedge to 10' and made the putt for a win.

3rd hole, halved with a 5' bogey.

4th hole, regulation par out of a Bunker. Missed the birdie due to wrong line. Made the 3' back.

5th hole par 3, tee shot missed left by 30m from the pin. Chip and run to 6' and made the putt.

To have so much confidence in my putting just meant that I had my opponent under my control. I didn't care that I was not playing regulation golf. It lifted my short game because there no pressure on getting to the hole close enough.

16th hole par 3, hit my tee shot 20m right pin high. Pitched over the Bunker to 8'. My opponent played his 3rd from the front Bunker to 10' and conceded the match. I made the putt centre of the cup.

BOOM BABY! Thank you Putting Guru.. could not have done it without your tools or advice.

'grats id!
    witb?

Thanks mate. Considering I had 5 holes that cost me about 17 shots over par - it was great to not think about my putting.

First time I've looked in here....might give this a good hard look at after ID & PF's success with the system.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I haven't really looked in here before.

Glad to hear ID and Face are getting some results. Keep up the good work boys.

Currently in Singapore and not able to play or practice. Home on tues and then back into some practice. Last game (sat week ago) I played terribly but still managed to keep it to 33 putts.

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

I need to get mine setup permanently. It's painful setting it up all the time and getting the break corrected. As a result, I've been lazy for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
    31 putts today. Zero 3 putts. Ordinary at middle distance still.

Haven't practiced putting in 8 days but felt good over the lag putts straight after I rolled the first one. Continue to suprise myself with how good the result is even on ones I think I have fudged up.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    Played pennants and won 3/2. Would have been more except that I had my son caddy for me, and didn't think it was a good look trashing my opponent by 7 or 8. So I took few risky shots I usually wouldn't take in a matchplay.

This win was due the improvement in my putting. We played WAGC,
    those in Perth would know how fast and true these greens could be. The first hole is measured 226m par 3. I hit 180m 5w into the wind and pitched 15m past the whole hole to the top tier. Made the putt middle hole.

2nd hole 421 par 4, hit driver 3w and wedge to 10' and made the putt for a win.

3rd hole, halved with a 5' bogey.

4th hole, regulation par out of a Bunker. Missed the birdie due to wrong line. Made the 3' back.

5th hole par 3, tee shot missed left by 30m from the pin. Chip and run to 6' and made the putt.

To have so much confidence in my putting just meant that I had my opponent under my control. I didn't care that I was not playing regulation golf. It lifted my short game because there no pressure on getting to the hole close enough.

16th hole par 3, hit my tee shot 20m right pin high. Pitched over the Bunker to 8'. My opponent played his 3rd from the front Bunker to 10' and conceded the match. I made the putt centre of the cup.

BOOM BABY! Thank you Putting Guru.. could not have done it without your tools or advice.
    You're too kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    First time I've looked in here....might give this a good hard look at after ID & PF's success with the system.
    GN you saw my putting using your putter at WAGC. Once I got the pace and line of your of that Rossa, I was quite confident.

My son uses it periodically and he's improved. If you're a good putter putter to start with, not sure how you adapt with judging length hitting it up the slope. Tourfit has issues with that aspect.

Btw, I only have it on the #2 setting - gentle slope. I don't seem to get many consecutive catch and returns but that speed seems to be what I play to at the Vines and WAGC.

Remember though, golf being what it is, I may have had a good putting day. Unlikely though as I feel my putting has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    GN you saw my putting using your putter at WAGC. Once I got the pace and line of your of that Rossa, I was quite confident.

My son uses it periodically and he's improved. If you're a good putter putter to start with, not sure how you adapt with judging length hitting it up the slope. Tourfit has issues with that aspect.

Btw, I only have it on the #2 setting - gentle slope. I don't seem to get many consecutive catch and returns but that speed seems to be what I play to at the Vines and WAGC.

Remember though, golf being what it is, I may have had a good putting day. Unlikely though as I feel my putting has improved.
    The boomerang is very unforgiving. I think it's easy to lose sight that you might jump on it for 5 minutes and hit 30+ dead straight putts, with most likely to finish in close range, even if you only manage a couple of catch and releases in that figure. You tend to focus on the lack of C&R success but it is grooving your stroke with every putt. I think this is why I am seeing pretty good results even when I think I have not put the best stroke on it.

I thought you putted pretty good 'nut...? How many did you have?
    witb?

movin' to the country gunna eat me alot of peaches.

I really enjoy the boomerang...... and after using it for a 6 weeks think it could be a valuable game improvement device for anyone that wanted to improve their puttting and shave a few strokes off. I consider myself to be a pretty good putter ( average less than 30) but spending a bit of time on the boom has really grooved my stroke. Any practice is good practice though. If i was to hit putts for 15 mins a day on my carpet I may have found my stroke felt better as well but I wouldn't have done that. Boom is fun to play with, gives me quick feed back and has helped my stroke no doubt.

The method behind some of the theory on the monty move etc is solid but at this stage not for me. In saying that if I was a golfer averaging over 36 putts a round I think practice on the boom daily, whatever method you decide to follow, will help bring that down quickly. Putting is all a bout confidence, under pressure. The more time you spend practicing the better it will get, fact!.. For me personally it has helped MY putting stroke and given me much more confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by popper81 View Post
    I really enjoy the boomerang...... and after using it for a 6 weeks think it could be a valuable game improvement device for anyone that wanted to improve their puttting and shave a few strokes off. I consider myself to be a pretty good putter ( average less than 30) but spending a bit of time on the boom has really grooved my stroke. Any practice is good practice though. If i was to hit putts for 15 mins a day on my carpet I may have found my stroke felt better as well but I wouldn't have done that. Boom is fun to play with, gives me quick feed back and has helped my stroke no doubt.

The method behind some of the theory on the monty move etc is solid but at this stage not for me. In saying that if I was a golfer averaging over 36 putts a round I think practice on the boom daily, whatever method you decide to follow, will help bring that down quickly. Putting is all a bout confidence, under pressure. The more time you spend practicing the better it will get, fact!.. For me personally it has helped MY putting stroke and given me much more confidence...
    Hey Pop,

I tell my girls there's no point practicing mistakes. If you do, you're only going to get better at making them. Having said that, if you can figure out a stroke that rolls the ball end over end, up and back the same line on the Boom, the more you practice that, the better you're going to get at hitting you line.

Id said "My putting has definitely improved. More confidence and my green reads are better because I hit my line." And I think that is right at the heart of the matter.

Keep up the good work!

This is definitely the case. I thought I was a poor reader of greens. I still believe that is the case to some degree, but it has improved. One of the contributing factors of poor reading was the lack of a consistent stroke or action. My length judgement has also improved in the last 4 weeks or so.

I dont focus on catch and release. I'm on there about 10 mins alternate days just grooving the stroke. I've certainly noticed a difference in my 10 year old. I have not coached him, but the feedback he gets from the device has certainly helped his line and touch. I was impressed with his putting at the WAGC practice greens. He was reading slope and pace and adjusting accordingly. His only putting has been on the Boom so I cannot attribute it to anything else. It has improved his tactile control to the point that it doesn't matter what putter he uses. They are all adult sizes btw.

I love watching kids use the Boom for the first time. You can just about see the thought process in action. They try, adjust, try, adjust... and pretty soon they figure out what works, and what doesn't.

Yup, their brains are so easy to program and reprogram.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Woo Hoo ... Boomerang Putter EZ1 arrived today! Thanks Alex!

I had a quick practice with it as soon as I pulled it out of the box (about 20 putts) and it feels great, if very different to my Scotty. I found that the sight hole actually helps me follow the ball, which I had not successfully done with my normal putter. I will do some practice with it over the next few days and see how it goes

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap