Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Boomerang Putting System

Well, I've had a few weeks to test out my Boomerang putting practice aid. To be quite honest I don't have enough long straight paths in my little house to roll out the artificial grass mat to its full length so I only really use it to practise 4-6 foot putts. That's really the only thing I wanted out of this device and it works PERFECTLY. The actual device consists of the aforementioned grass mat (apparently running at the same Stimpmeter reading as Carnoustie during the British Open) and a ramp that you can incline at a number of different angles. There is a cup that sits at the top of the ramp, the depth of which is adjustable. The whole system is designed to help you judge pace... but as I say I really only use it to practise short putting.

With this device I've found exactly what I've been looking for. I can roll out the mat for a half hour in the evening and just hit tens or hundreds of putts thus straightening out my stroke. Having been very busy and also with the inclement weather I haven't played any golf in the last month... so I don't know if I'm putting better. But I think my putting stroke is improving.

I have one too....

looks interesting. i've just got one of those automatic return battery models - $13 from Dick Smiths. needs carpet though (no idea what the stimpmeter rating is).

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    looks interesting. i've just got one of those automatic return battery models - $13 from Dick Smiths. needs carpet though (no idea what the stimpmeter rating is).
    pretty cool on lino I've heard

I'm about to dip into one of these with the Carnoustie (you know TourFit's from there) 12ft mat.

Time to group buy and get some money on this! .

I'm not sure if it's the same company or not but they seem to have a new website.

www.boomgolf.com

Alex from Boomerang Putting is putting together an Ozgolf specific page on his site so that everyone can choose the system to suit their own budget.

He will offer a special price for Ozgolf members as well as a special deal starting 1 May. He mentioned that he'd pop in to say g'day, so I won't spoil the offer.

Hmmmm. Has my post been deleted?

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Hmmmm. Has my post been deleted?
    Was it a cut and paste from the website saying the Carnoustie version is '3x as thick, and 2x as dense'?

<Insert loads of smilies>
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Was it a cut and paste from the website saying the Carnoustie version is '3x as thick, and 2x as dense'?

<Insert loads of smilies>

Blog Entries

I reported it.

?

I'm calling SMS.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

How much is this thing? If a reasonable price I am in.
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

I'm keen to get one as well! Anyone know where to get from in aus, or just direct from USA?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I'd be keen on one too

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Depending on $$$ I'd be keen

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)
    Blog Entries

Me also

Default Boomerang Putting Pro - Ozgolf Special Offer

Hi Everyone,

Long time, no post.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, personally I spent it on my back with a nasty dose of gastro And there wasn't a single easter egg involved.

OK, to business. I put this special web page together for Ozgolf members only AND starting May 1st you can combine it with our FREE shipping deal - that's like a double, double saving for anyone who's interested. Must be an Ozgolf member though.

If you're not familiar with the Booomerang Putting Pro, I made my first one back in 98, but until now we've focussed mostly in Europe and the US. Plenty of info at our website, so I won't give it a spiel here. Save to say, I can count the past thirteen year's worth of returns on one hand.

Check it out for yourself www.boomgolf.com/ozgolf.htm

Any questions, you can get me here, or by email amgmoore@gmail.com

Enjoy!

Alex

PS Remember, if you want the double, double deal - don't order until May 1st.
    PPS If you plan to take up the offer, would you mind giving us a little nudge?

Last edited by Putting Guru; 27th April 2011 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Putting Guru View Post
    If you're not familiar with the Booomerang Putting Pro, I made my first one back in 98, but until now we've focussed mostly in Europe and the US. Plenty of info at our website, so I won't give it a spiel here. Save to say, I can count the past thirteen year's worth of returns on one hand.

Check it out for yourself www.boomgolf.com/ozgolf.htm
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the info, sounds fantastic!
    I have a question regarding the greens; I'm a newbie golfer and struggle with judging the length of putts, is the Carnoustie green going to offer a more similiar feel to a real green than the st andrews? Also can it still be rolled up for storage?

Thanks, Travis
    Newbie Hacker!

Quote Originally Posted by aero_nz View Post
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the info, sounds fantastic!
    I have a question regarding the greens; I'm a newbie golfer and struggle with judging the length of putts, is the Carnoustie green going to offer a more similiar feel to a real green than the st andrews? Also can it still be rolled up for storage?

Thanks, Travis
    Hi Travis,

Sorry, I thought I'd get notified about new posts, must have missed the box to check. You're not the only newbie around here...

Both mats run at virtually the same speed. I think there's only about 1/4 - 1/2 a foot difference between them on the stimpmeter. I would go for the St Andrews Mat unless you have grout lines, joined hardwood floors or really plush carpet. Or unless you need the extra length for some reason, which I can't imagine you would, yet. I reckon 9ft is plenty tough enough. If you watch the vids of the tour guys, they're only standing 8ft or so from the Boom, and even some of them struggle, at first (Heck of a learning curve). Although it's our budget mat, there's nothing budget about the feel or the roll. Also, with a St Andrews Mat you have the option of the "cupping effect" - that's what happens when you first unroll your mat, and don't roll it tightly on the opposite side, to break the memory. The effect is like having training wheels on your putts and IMO it's such a confidence builder for beginners. It stops you worrying about a perfect line, and gets you thinking about the other objective - perfect distance, which is what you need. Of course you can eliminate the cupping effect and, if you're really brave you can always flip it over and putt on the temporarily domed side too.

I used Harold Swashes putting stick over ten years ago, it's only 3ft long and that's how far you put it from a hole. I struggled to get three in a row, then I stood back and watched while a Mr P Harrington strolled up and got 50 plus in a row. That stick actually made me nervous standing over the putt knowing I needed absolute precision or the ball would go sideways and make me look like a tit in front of the best players in Europe, not something I'd recommend for a beginner. The whole aim of the Boom is to build confidence, set new goals and reach them. And remember, although there's a lot of people who "putt by the numbers", I think the single biggest advantage of the Boom is it helps you build and understand a relationship between the putter, the ball and distance. If you've seen our Tips page, you'll know the vid of me talking about using the ball as a pace-setter. It's only a drill, I call it BoomTech, and if you can learn it, even as a drill, you'll never look back. Both mats can be rolled and stored easily, set up takes less than a minute.

Keep them questions coming. BTW, I activated the free shipping deal last night so it's ready when you are.
    Last edited by Putting Guru; 29th April 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Ok, anyone in Sydney keen???

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I might be interested, but L, free postage in May

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    yeah mate - i am in.

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    yeah mate - i am in.

Its free shipping so i suppose we dont need to combine an order???

No, the reason I set it out like that was I thought some of you would already have a mat / surface, so you can take the Boom on its own, that's no problem. I don't think a mat will do much good on it's own though, if you don't couple it with a Boom you're gonna be doing a lot of walking
    Last edited by Putting Guru; 29th April 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Thread Information