Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Woo Hoo ... Boomerang Putter EZ1 arrived today! Thanks Alex!

I had a quick practice with it as soon as I pulled it out of the box (about 20 putts) and it feels great, if very different to my Scotty. I found that the sight hole actually helps me follow the ball, which I had not successfully done with my normal putter. I will do some practice with it over the next few days and see how it goes
    With the putter sitting flat, tell me if the little black dots line up or not.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

So without reading back through 36 pages - what was the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So without reading back through 36 pages - what was the secret?
    Peter, I've had that question a few times now. The info is kind of scattered through here like a paper chase.

Essentially there's an offer, with a link to a discount for Ozgolf members and it's all about monitoring your improvement over a 30 day period, via video and feedback online.

I should see if the powers that be will let me start a new discussion, with all the details on page 1.

Cheers,

Alex

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Putting Guru View Post
    With the putter sitting flat, tell me if the little black dots line up or not.
    OK, you had me confused at first. I thought what black dots? I have gold ones and yes they line up (how could they not?)

Then I moved my eyes back away from the ball and forward over the ball and, hey presto, the dots don't line up! I take it that the dots lining up means that my eyes are correctly positioned over the ball, which means that the club is the right length for me (I guess)

I also really like the head cover with the magnetic catch.
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Sounds like you've got it sorted. As long as the putter is flat and the dots line up you'll always be pulling the trigger from the same, and optimum, position. The one proviso is whether you need to grip up, or down, to achieve that. If we guessed incorrectly you may need another inch off the shaft. Sounds OK though.

Hope you really enjoy it. I'm pretty confident you will. That catch on the headcover is fab, it's only new and I don't know how it will hold up over time, but I really like it.

Cheers,

Alex

The catch should hold up better than velcro
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

combo_1.0.jpg

FYI, The link for the Ozgolf Member's Offer is: http://www.boomgolf.com/ozgolf.htm

It's still running, but it won't be forever...

http://youtu.be/nuDIjXx1kK0

Ian, hope you get a chance to post a vid of the new weapon, and I hope it looks as good as this. A customer just posted this. It's a uni-putter being used literally straight from the box, with real precision. Compared to other putters, I reckon this makes a good vs bad set up - black and white.

I was very kindly given permission to start a new thread.

You can find it over at http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...922#post667922

All Boomerang Putting Experiment links and Ozgolf Member's Offers are there.

I was very kindly given permission to start a new thread.

You can find it over at http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...922#post667922

All Boomerang Putting Experiment links and Ozgolf Member's Offers are there.
    Question just posted over in the new Boom thread, http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...922#post667922 "How many of you have dropped in your handicaps?"

Hmmm ... my handicap has dropped from 15 to 14, but my issue has been with hitting the fairway. I am averaging 3-4 putts per round less than before and hardly ever have a 3 putt now. So, I think it is helping my putting. I have a lot more confidence about my putt length now and have stopped my annoying habit of blasting a 12' putt 12' past the hole.

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Mine arrived yesterday set it up this arvo where do I post video

Hi X,

Got a youtube link, but can't follow it. Can you send me the file?

Cheers,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Hmmm ... my handicap has dropped from 15 to 14, but my issue has been with hitting the fairway. I am averaging 3-4 putts per round less than before and hardly ever have a 3 putt now. So, I think it is helping my putting. I have a lot more confidence about my putt length now and have stopped my annoying habit of blasting a 12' putt 12' past the hole.
    Sounds like the short game is under control, but the long game is letting you down.

I tell my girls, the only way to hit fairways and greens, under pressure, is with a body swing. Take your hands and arms out of play or they will let you down. I'll post a vid to show you where we're at.

Quote Originally Posted by xe1 View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday set it up this arvo where do I post video
    About to post the vid over at http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...922#post667922

Sounds like the short game is under control, but the long game is letting you down.

I tell my girls, the only way to hit fairways and greens, under pressure, is with a body swing. Take your hands and arms out of play or they will let you down. I'll post a vid to show you where we're at.
    Send it on down ... I know it is the issue. i go through phases where I am swinging it really well and hitting lots of fairways and then I go all arms and hands and go all over the place. I know I do it, just not how to stop doing it.

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

Ian, watch your posture.

I've not seen your swing, but if your shoulders are rounded, it's impossible to maintain a good connection between your arms and body. Stand up straight, throw your shoulders back and then bend over in such a way as to keep your back arch. This means your arms are connected to the back of your torso, rather than the front. With this shape, turn your body and your arms just come along for the ride. Will get a vid of Naomi if it's not too wet this arvo.

Thanks. That is what I have been concentrating on for the past couple of games. A friend pointed out how rounded I was. I now do my set-up then straighten up and square my shoulders, then push my butt out as I tilt forward, ensuring that I keep my back arched.

I played 9 holes this afternoon and hit 5/7 fairways. The 2 I missed, one rolled off by 2 m to the left, the other I hit it dead straight and missed by 5 m (turns out that is where I had aimed my feet).

This shoulder square drill is something I have to get down pat in my set-up process.

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

Greetings!

I have a bit of time up my sleeve and was wondering if anyone was interested in another Memeber's Offer?

I think it's a great deal - Boomerang, Carnoustie Mat, Sun Marble (to help with your set up), and an offer of free video stroke analysis.

Hopefully some of you guys got something out of the first offer. I'd really like to find out how your putting now, a year on.

We looked at heaps of vids back then. I've had a lot more since. Here's the best one I've seen - the new Boomerang World Record. For those of you with a Boomerang you will be amazed by this - this guy is a PUTTING FREAK OF NATURE - see for yourself.

Cheers,

Alex

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Putting's been consistent up until a few weeks ago when I changed to a thicker, heavy grip. Lost confidence, changed the grip back to original, confidence is coming back.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Mine has been really consistent with a Jumbo grip but it was annoying me because it was so hard to get in and out of the bag so I changed to a mid-sized grip. A little bit of practice on the Boom and all has been great (except last Sunday where I missed 4 x 4 footers in 6 holes). Back on the Boom again!

915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Putter:

Handicap
    Game Golf

Anyone want one of these Putter's for $50?
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

What length is it?
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Is offer still valid Guru?

Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    What length is it?
    34 inches
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Thread Information