Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Almost drained two massive bird putt. Something went awry on putts with big break and uphill. Then lightning and we had to go home. Boo.
    Show me your MM...

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I don't usually do that on first dates. I will tomorrow, gotta go to work in a bit!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Almost drained two massive bird putt. Something went awry on putts with big break and uphill. Then lightning and we had to go home. Boo.

They never looked like missing till they did.... your 6 foot putting was an issue today!
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesy View Post
    They never looked like missing till they did.... your 6 foot putting was an issue today!
    Channelling Dermott Brereton?
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Yoss ... sounds like you were having a good day with the putter until the lightning. What is with the weather that it can't just leave us alone when we're on the golf course?
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Easy to see from this the difficulties TF was describing, by practicing on one and then playing on another.

No secret what BT looks like... How do you get it though? Do the drill.

No real updates for ya PG. Have been working at mixing up the distance on the matt and just trying to groove a stroke. Out on Sunday for a hit so I'll update with some on course stats early next week.

I have done a bit of practice with my putting disc at the end of the matt. Can't say I've noticed any distance control issues from practicing on the ramp. The putting disc is about a million times more forgiving though!
    Last edited by Pieface; 17th June 2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
    No real updates for ya PG. Have been working at mixing up the distance on the matt and just trying to groove a stroke. Out on Sunday for a hit so I'll update with some on course stats early next week.

I have done a bit of practice with my putting dosc at the end of the matt. Can't say I've noticed any distance control issues from practicing on the ramp. The putting disc is about a million times more forgiving though!
    How much Boom time are you racking up would you say?

about 15mins a day but I've missed the odd day here and there.

15 minutes is about all I can do before I get frustrated and just start knocking the ball around

I hit 4 catches in a row one handed last night while chatting to a mate
    witb?

about 15mins a day but I've missed the odd day here and there.

15 minutes is about all I can do before I get frustrated and just start knocking the ball around

I hit 4 catches in a row one handed last night while chatting to a mate
    Left handed or right handed?

15 minutes - plenty of time. It's how often, not how much.

right handed MM.
    witb?

Impressive. Video?

Lucky. No video, was mucking around while chatting. Just catches, my release putting sucks isn't up to my catch putting and I wasn't trying for them one handed. I just knocked the ball out with the putter and went for another catch.

I know when I have hit the correct release putt because both balls run back down the middle of the matt and it isn't a violent affair. When I have just kinda muscled it out one or both the balls run off the side of the matt. They would be big misses if I didn't hole the release, easily 6'-10' past IRL. It's hard to trust that the right speed and accuracy will dislodge the caught ball so I often overhit it, it's a mental thing I'm sure
    witb?

Lucky. No video, was mucking around while chatting. Just catches, my release putting sucks isn't up to my catch putting and I wasn't trying for them one handed. I just knocked the ball out with the putter and went for another catch.

I know when I have hit the correct release putt because both balls run back down the middle of the matt and it isn't a violent affair. When I have just kinda muscled it out one or both the balls run off the side of the matt. They would be big misses if I didn't hole the release, easily 6'-10' past IRL. It's hard to trust that the right speed and accuracy will dislodge the caught ball so I often overhit it, it's a mental thing I'm sure
    How deep is your target? Sounds "generous."

level 5 two turns + 4 hours. 1" or less catches...more than 1" hops out...

Should I go back to 2 turns or summink?

EDIT

Reread the guide should be two turns and four o'clock not 4 hours so I'm likely 2 hours deep.
    Last edited by Pieface; 17th June 2011 at 11:47 AM.
    witb?

level 5 two turns + 4 hours. 1" or less catches...more than 1" hops out...

Should I go back to 2 turns or summink?

EDIT

Reread the guide should be two turns and four o'clock not 4 hours so I'm likely 2 hours deep.
    Sounds like you've cracked it. Going to make catches hard, releases easy. If that doesn't flip you on your head I'll be very surprised, cause I knowh how you love getting those catches!

The catch putting is going pretty well. I back myself to get a feel for the shallower cup. If it makes the release putt easier I'll be on a much better track for multiple C&R.

Gonna sneak off work an hour early and get some proper green time in today as well to prep for the weekend.
    witb?

The catch putting is going pretty well. I back myself to get a feel for the shallower cup. If it makes the release putt easier I'll be on a much better track for multiple C&R.

Gonna sneak off work an hour early and get some proper green time in today as well to prep for the weekend.
    Oh, I know you'll acclimatise, you've got the skill set to do it. Good idea bout the green time too.
    Last edited by Putting Guru; 17th June 2011 at 02:36 PM.

`ahrm...
    1st - 25' for bird. 3' past miss 3 putt bogey
    2nd - 15' for bird. 1' short 2 putt par
    3rd - 6' for par 1' short bogey
    4th - 5' for par. 2' past bogey
    5th - 8' for par.
    6th - 10' for bird. 6" short par
    7th - 6' for bogey. 3" short double
    8th - 40' for par. 5' short bogey
    9th - 3' for par.
    10th - 20' for triple 3' short Quad
    11th - 6' for bird 8" past par.
    12th - 3' for quad
    13th - 4' for bogey. 2' past double.
    14th - 12' for bogey. 12" short double
    15th - 5' for bogey. 2' past double
    16th - 4' for par
    17th - 2' for par
    18th - 10' for bogey. 18" short double

Lagging was good again but I am weak as piss 4'-10'. The greens were like a shag pile rug today which didn't help but I really didn't adjust well at all. 33 putts again and just over 2 PPGIR thanks to 3 putting the first. 8 iron bump and run was on fire which was nice and put a lot into makeable range. Practicing up and downs on Friday with it paid off well bar some shady putting. Feeling over the long putts is very good and ones that feel like poor strokes are surprisingly good results.
    Last edited by Pieface; 20th June 2011 at 11:53 AM.
    witb?

Hey Pieface, How about that Rory then!

That's some great detail - thanks! You must be very disappointed to have missed so many scoring chances.

OK, on the 10ft and in putts, where was the problem? I count four chances left short, that's distance control. Were the greens that much slower than your mat? If so, I'd recommend you putt parallel to your mat, on slower carpet, for a while. What about the others? Misreads or mishits? If you're not hitting your line you most likely have a grip issue. If you're misreading your putts, you need some more green time.

There's still some solid stuff in there, but a 3ft miss on the 1st, the 4ft miss on the 13th and the 5ft miss on the 15th tell me something's out of place. Can you give me some more detail on these little ones? Give me some vision to go on when you can.
    Last edited by Putting Guru; 20th June 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

PG,
    Do I use your shop email for the putting video. Finally got it all set up. Which video tool (that is free) do you recommend?

Here is the free software link - http://www.avs4you.com/ - but you can just email me the clip amgmoore@gmail.com and I will edit it for you if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Putting Guru View Post
    Hey Pieface, How about that Rory then!

That's some great detail - thanks! You must be very disappointed to have missed so many scoring chances.

OK, on the 10ft and in putts, where was the problem? I count four chances left short, that's distance control. Were the greens that much slower than your mat? If so, I'd recommend you putt parallel to your mat, on slower carpet, for a while. What about the others? Misreads or mishits? If you're not hitting your line you most likely have a grip issue. If you're misreading your putts, you need some more green time.

There's still some solid stuff in there, but a 3ft miss on the 1st, the 4ft miss on the 13th and the 5ft miss on the 15th tell me something's out of place. Can you give me some more detail on these little ones? Give me some vision to go on when you can.
    The greens were terrible IMO. My carpet is considerably faster than these were playing, it was like putting on a fairway on most holes I was annoyed at myself for not scoring better when I had the chance but it's those missed putts at makeable range to save bogey that really hurt.

The miss on the first - misread break on the thatch and started low.
    13th - overhit it and pulled it left
    15th - misread break and started high

the ones that ticked me off were the ones I hit with the right read but left short. I know I didn't commit on a couple. Third hole was cut on the edge of a tier and I chickened out
    witb?

Sometimes you just gotta take your lumps... After reading what you just wrote though, the only one that even remotely concerns me is the 4ft pull at 13. Get you on a surface that matches your mat, speed wise, and I reckon you'd putt the lights out. Keep an eye on the pulls, you already know what I'd recommend if those continue.
    Last edited by Putting Guru; 20th June 2011 at 12:06 PM.

Thread Information