Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartd147 View Post
    Qudos to Ping and Drummond Golf (Shellharbour)....Drummond was very concerned about my results with this driver, they collected it and sent it to Ping...while Ping did not say anything negative about the original one I had they sent me a new one...this new one is fantastic and performs just like the demo one I had tried at the driving range. They also sent me a pack of weights incase I wanted to tinker with the setup. FYI... I play with a 2 and a 3 marker each week, they had both tried my original G425 and did not like it. After I got this new driver they were standing next to me at our driving range, unknown to them I had the replacement head. When I hit the first shot they both commented straight away that the sound was completely different and asked what I had done to achieve that. Thanks again Ping and Drummond Golf.
    Would be interesting to know what was wrong with it. Good to hear it ended up positive.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartd147 View Post
    Qudos to Ping and Drummond Golf (Shellharbour)....Drummond was very concerned about my results with this driver, they collected it and sent it to Ping...while Ping did not say anything negative about the original one I had they sent me a new one...this new one is fantastic and performs just like the demo one I had tried at the driving range. They also sent me a pack of weights incase I wanted to tinker with the setup. FYI... I play with a 2 and a 3 marker each week, they had both tried my original G425 and did not like it. After I got this new driver they were standing next to me at our driving range, unknown to them I had the replacement head. When I hit the first shot they both commented straight away that the sound was completely different and asked what I had done to achieve that. Thanks again Ping and Drummond Golf.
    Very interested as to what was defective with it.
    Good to see another example of Ping standing by their products by changing it over.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Got one but maybe should of got this instead

Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige. The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire. The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency. As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail. The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly.

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop. Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club. He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen.

So how does this new beast play? Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever. I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46". At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers. I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club.

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider." But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact. I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people. I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner.

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it. Right? These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I read all that.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Seppo golfwrx humour at it’s (yawn) best.

Peanut

Blog Entries

This thing is pretty good. Have come from a G 30 with Oban Devotion to the Ping Tour Shaft.

Will play around with some shafts and would be interested to hear if people have gone none counterbalanced (which simmsy told me the current shaft is) in this head?

Blog Entries

I went non counter balanced (Tour AD) in G400 Max and preferred it..
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Blog Entries

I will definitely play around with a non counter balanced, think I prefer to feel the heft down the end of the driver.

Senior Member Major Winner

yeah i would be keen to see you use your oban with it. just watch the SW.

Blog Entries

Have gone up to a 10.5, with the oban = bombs.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

If you can get over the noise, they are everybit as good as any other driver on the market today. Plenty are starting to show up 2nd hand as well which you could get for a decent price.

Definately get more loft, as they are pretty low spin even in the max version. I love the tensie orange in mine, can't see me playing any other shaft in the near future, even if I change drivers again (which won't be until I win the lotto if their prices keep going up every year )
    G/L

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    If you can get over the noise...
    Anyone hit the Max back to back with an LST and can compare the sound of the two? I loved the sound and feel of the G410 LST so wondering if the G425 LST is similar?

Thread Information