Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MiClub App

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    No love at Royal back to cards
    Can't put your phone in the fancy Royal leather scorecard holders...

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Just received the club email to say they have purchased the subscription. In the interests of openness i think the price should have been disclosed and membership collectively made the decision.
    There’s not much point having a board and management in that case. We have it. The cost is reasonably significant but it was a simple business case to make. We also figured out an easy way to create extra income specifically to pay for it.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Just a simple online survey question would have been fine and inclusive seeing that by all accounts the price is high.
    Is your income stream going to be charging for scorecards?

The cost is a bit over $4k. Card printing for us is reduced by about $2.5k. Then there is convenience for golf ops.

Scores are on the leaderboard so any anomalies (like “hole in ones”) are shown up quickly. The issue of self score cheating is resolved by peer review on leaderboard. At Wollongong we mark our own cards and we all verify after each nine. I haven’t heard of any issues with that so I don’t see why it should be an issue with MiScore.

We put on a Secret Six comp (which MiClub already has available within its golf system). Purely optional at $2. Winner gets 60% and runner up gets 20%. Club gets the remaining 20%. I budgeted it at 100 person per round take up for the 3 comps a week having it to make $6k. We are averaging about 190 take up.

It’s not that expensive and not difficult to make it work.

Mountains. Mole hills.
    Forum needs more banter.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I like a post round secret 6.

I will suggest it to our committee

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Trainee Pro

Has anyone ever had the issue of the letter H appearing on Miclub bookings, instead of their GA? One of our members has this occurring and I am out of ideas. Google is no help. Also, when I look it’s fine, only he sees the H.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jerry Springer; 7th March 2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Extra info

If you click on the H doesn’t it take you to your GL record? IIRC some clubs have that. It only shows that up under your login. Something to do with an agreement for displaying handicaps and GL losing clicks on their shithouse page.
    Forum needs more banter.

Thread Information