Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Lockdown practice

I have enough room to make a couple of chipping holes,so going to start that tomorrow.Thinking I might also be able to clear up an area up the back to practice wedges over the shed and house into the front yard.Anyone else got a project for practice during lockdown?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Have you got a net set up? Pretty easy to make one out of poly pipe and shade cloth.

When you say making chipping holes what are you doing for that, just cutting a hole, or mowing some grass short too?

Quote Originally Posted by Toolish View Post
    Have you got a net set up? Pretty easy to make one out of poly pipe and shade cloth.

When you say making chipping holes what are you doing for that, just cutting a hole, or mowing some grass short too?
    Yep,have a net set up.That is fine for big swings,but it shows you absolutely nothing.You can learn a lot of bad traits to get a good strike in a net.With the net,I mainly work with my right arm,control chest movement and timing on down swing.
    The chipping area,not going to have a hole.Its not about holeing chips,it's about landing zones.On one area,it will be flat chips,2 landing spots.1 will be about 10 metres,The other 20m.
    With the second area,it will have some obstacles to chip over,carry distances

Got to start somewhere,here is the first area to be cleared.Its about 35m to the corner of the back fence

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

jeebers, need some machinery in there bloke, break ya back before you get to swing a stick doing that omanuel

not being near my usual golf club and getting the urge to play again, I went to my "local" club to use their practise facilities, the range isn't very appealing cause it's the fetch it yourself version so I decided to walk down the fairway to find a wedge distance to a spot yonder. Well it was nearly up to the knees in water so I retreated to higher ground and found a very well setup 2 bay hitting net with near new mats. I settled in, realised very early I was coming from way over the top, setup a couple of guides and proceeded to hit for about an hour going through my irons and a hybrid. Got a sweat up and thoroughly enjoyed it. I know it doesn't provide the ultimate in feedback but I certainly knew when I didn't hit it nearly right. It'll do for the next couple of months while I'm in ISO, it'll help get the torso limbered up and the joints moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    jeebers, need some machinery in there bloke, break ya back before you get to swing a stick doing that omanuel
    This will be a Armstrong job,can't get machinery up the back.Well,could but would need to MOVE a couple of trees

Oh well, get/keep ya fit in any event

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Yep,have a net set up.That is fine for big swings,but it shows you absolutely nothing.You can learn a lot of bad traits to get a good strike in a net.With the net,I mainly work with my right arm,control chest movement and timing on down swing.
    The chipping area,not going to have a hole.Its not about holeing chips,it's about landing zones.On one area,it will be flat chips,2 landing spots.1 will be about 10 metres,The other 20m.
    With the second area,it will have some obstacles to chip over,carry distances

I got myself a SkyTrak right at the start of lockdown, perfect for practice.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I got myself a SkyTrak right at the start of lockdown, perfect for practice.
    Looking towards that in the future.After the first lockdown,I made some unconscious changes to my swing.I was flushing the ball,but when I took it to the course,I had a 30 foot trap draw and lost about 10% distance.Then when I tried to fix it,was thinning it everywhere.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Got to start somewhere,here is the first area to be cleared.Its about 35m to the corner of the back fence

That looks like where we search for Grunt's tee shots.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Cleared a fare bit out today,by hand.I have a heap of dead wood for the fire now,got rid of a heap of wandering dew and cut back a few trees and dropped a few others.Still working so will do more next weekend

Looking towards that in the future.After the first lockdown,I made some unconscious changes to my swing.I was flushing the ball,but when I took it to the course,I had a 30 foot trap draw and lost about 10% distance.Then when I tried to fix it,was thinning it everywhere.

Honestly...it’ll be the best thing you ever buy for your game if you like to practice.

Honestly...it’ll be the best thing you ever buy for your game if you like to practice.
    $3500 is alot of practice

$3500 is alot of practice

Find a decent 2nd hand one, you wont pay that.

Even if you do though theres a reason every pro on every tour carries a Trackman these days, no more 30 foot trap draws...

Find a decent 2nd hand one, you wont pay that.

Even if you do though theres a reason every pro on every tour carries a Trackman these days, no more 30 foot trap draws...

Put in a few more hrs today,and took another pic for an update.I have uncovered a big amount of dead wood,so will be using a fair bit in the Conara,and using some to get a burn off fire going.
    Both pictures are taken standing in the same spot

Can't see from the pic,but I have recovered about 10 metres of overgrown bush,although the rubbish pile makes it look like I have done bugger all.Removed a stump yesterday using a mattock,chainsaw and wedges.Took about 2 hrs but got it done.Need to burn off some of the rubbish before doing too much more.Going to try and get a drum from somewhere

Wow, that's a big job. Looking good.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Toolish View Post
    i just hang a bath towel over a portable clothes air dryer thing, or a chair.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Put in a few more hrs today,and took another pic for an update.I have uncovered a big amount of dead wood,so will be using a fair bit in the Conara,and using some to get a burn off fire going.
    Both pictures are taken standing in the same spot

watch out for these....
    Attached Images

Did a bit more on Sunday,the rain made it miserable.Started burning off the ivy and wondering dew that I had bundled,the smoke was thick and stunk.Not sure the neighbours liked it.I have about 10 metres to go,but it is mainly dead wood so should be able to burn most of it easily.Then to rake it all over,may take a few days to do that,as there are runners everywhere,then poison everything twice over a week.

Thread Information