Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
Semi final of handicap pennant out at Yass yesterday. They had 6 inches of rain in the last week, so there was a bit of pot luck with approaches and pitching on the sodden kikuyu.

Had to give 2 shots away, and played like a complete potato for the front 9. Thankfully the two pars I made won holes, and I turned two down and felt like it should have been way worse.

I topped my drive on 10, topped my second, and hadn't made it to his tee shot by the time I played my third. Put a sand wedge to 8 foot, and squared the hole from nowhere. Then won 11, and was back in it. Squared 12 giving away a shot and made a tap in par on 13 to square the match.

14 is a 270m uphill 4 - my tee shot hit a tree on the outside of the hole and fired backwards 80m to be in the mud and blocked out, and still 170m away and dead. My opponent was 70 short, middle of the fairway and in perfect position. I tried getting driver to the green off the deck, and caught the overhanging branch leaving 90m to go - I put it to 8 foot under the hole and was still in with a chance. My opponent was 10m away from the green in two, then chilli dipped and then thinned his next through the green and rolled 15m off the gree. An almost certain loss became a win, and I won the next two with pars to finish a miracle comeback and win 3 and 2. We won the match 6-1 overall and are now in the Grand Final.
Gotta love match play!