Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Semi final of handicap pennant out at Yass yesterday. They had 6 inches of rain in the last week, so there was a bit of pot luck with approaches and pitching on the sodden kikuyu.

Had to give 2 shots away, and played like a complete potato for the front 9. Thankfully the two pars I made won holes, and I turned two down and felt like it should have been way worse.

I topped my drive on 10, topped my second, and hadn't made it to his tee shot by the time I played my third. Put a sand wedge to 8 foot, and squared the hole from nowhere. Then won 11, and was back in it. Squared 12 giving away a shot and made a tap in par on 13 to square the match.

14 is a 270m uphill 4 - my tee shot hit a tree on the outside of the hole and fired backwards 80m to be in the mud and blocked out, and still 170m away and dead. My opponent was 70 short, middle of the fairway and in perfect position. I tried getting driver to the green off the deck, and caught the overhanging branch leaving 90m to go - I put it to 8 foot under the hole and was still in with a chance. My opponent was 10m away from the green in two, then chilli dipped and then thinned his next through the green and rolled 15m off the gree. An almost certain loss became a win, and I won the next two with pars to finish a miracle comeback and win 3 and 2. We won the match 6-1 overall and are now in the Grand Final.
    Gotta love match play!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    Gotta love match play!
    Last year I had no luck in match play.This year has been a significant turn around.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    It’s not you Andy, Royal Jindalee kicks you in the teeth when you miss the greens
    It's a lot of me and a bit of the course then, however I think the pins were in some of the toughest spots I have seen there. Was the last round of Club Champs just played or something?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Nah was an Ambrose, club champs is on October this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Let me start today's account with the highlight of golfing year (and in fact the last 3 years I think). On the first hole, into a 20m breeze, I holed a pitching wedge from 85m for my 12th ever eagle in 50 years of golf. 2 under after 1 hole!

I was still going well after 7 holes, but then the putting wheels fell off and it was bogey after bogey from that point on for a total of 34 points. it was a very difficult day, being black marker day and a strong wind blowing, so it wasn't too bad, even though I blew a chance at a really good round.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Palm Meadows today with a small group from my social club. Played absolutely shit, worst round for some time. No rhythm, barely any timing. Only half decent part was putting. 22 points off 29 with five wipes. Hopefully tomorrow at the Glades will be better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Let me start today's account with the highlight of golfing year (and in fact the last 3 years I think). On the first hole, into a 20m breeze, I holed a pitching wedge from 85m for my 12th ever eagle in 50 years of golf. 2 under after 1 hole!

I was still going well after 7 holes, but then the putting wheels fell off and it was bogey after bogey from that point on for a total of 34 points. it was a very difficult day, being black marker day and a strong wind blowing, so it wasn't too bad, even though I blew a chance at a really good round.
    You were screwed from the start Jim, the theory is never birdie the first because it is all downhill from there, to eagle it is asking for trouble!
    Congrats on the eagle!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

29 points round the Nudge today.

Wiped the first two holes then got on the bogey train and couldn’t get off the express.

Avoided an ugly shirt. Job done!

Bit better day today at the Glades. Ended up with 30 points. I felt like I had my rhythm and timing back, was getting good contact most of the time but my chipping went to crap this time. The greens were really fast and it got in my head a bit causing a number of flubbed chips. It was also extremely windy which affected my swing at times. I didn't putt too badly though, had 33 in the end which I was happy with having never played on such fast greens before. Highlight of the day was a NTP on the 17th. Straight into the wind over water, was about 120m to the pin and hit a 9 iron to about 3m short. Missed the birdie by a few centimetres, just shaved the edge of the hole.
    Last game of the weekend tomorrow at Royal Pines, playing the same configuration they use for the PGA tournament. Not sure which tees we're hitting off yet.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

31 at Magpies Belconnen yesterday, teed off in the rain, it was snowing on the first green and the course was basically 80% puddles. Needed a snorkel.

79/70 in our clubs open yesterday. I won the A grade nett and was only 1 of 3 others to shoot in the 70s in what was tough windy conditions. Knocked back 17cans of brookvale union in what was a painfully slow 5hr round. 3 weeks running I have broke 80.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

33 points in a gale yesterday, I’ll take that. but 3 x 1 pointers in the last 4 holes hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Semi final of handicap pennant out at Yass yesterday. They had 6 inches of rain in the last week, so there was a bit of pot luck with approaches and pitching on the sodden kikuyu.

Had to give 2 shots away, and played like a complete potato for the front 9. Thankfully the two pars I made won holes, and I turned two down and felt like it should have been way worse.

I topped my drive on 10, topped my second, and hadn't made it to his tee shot by the time I played my third. Put a sand wedge to 8 foot, and squared the hole from nowhere. Then won 11, and was back in it. Squared 12 giving away a shot and made a tap in par on 13 to square the match.

14 is a 270m uphill 4 - my tee shot hit a tree on the outside of the hole and fired backwards 80m to be in the mud and blocked out, and still 170m away and dead. My opponent was 70 short, middle of the fairway and in perfect position. I tried getting driver to the green off the deck, and caught the overhanging branch leaving 90m to go - I put it to 8 foot under the hole and was still in with a chance. My opponent was 10m away from the green in two, then chilli dipped and then thinned his next through the green and rolled 15m off the gree. An almost certain loss became a win, and I won the next two with pars to finish a miracle comeback and win 3 and 2. We won the match 6-1 overall and are now in the Grand Final.
    Well played sir.

Interested in Yass, haven't played there in many years. I heard it had suffered a lot in the drought, has it come back to decent condition after all this rain?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    79/70 in our clubs open yesterday. I won the A grade nett and was only 1 of 3 others to shoot in the 70s in what was tough windy conditions. Knocked back 17cans of brookvale union in what was a painfully slow 5hr round. 3 weeks running I have broke 80.
    What's that done to the handicap?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    What's that done to the handicap?
    I was off 12.4 at CoC into 10.4. With 5 flags sitting pretty up top fingers crossed I can get back to single figures again

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

First 2 rounds of Club Champs. 85 and 84 to be well back of the pack.

I’m going to buy some sh!t to make me feel better.

The only highlight was Hoges making an ace yesterday on the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    I was off 12.4 at CoC into 10.4. With 5 flags sitting pretty up top fingers crossed I can get back to single figures again
    Well done mate. Good going.

33 points at Royal Pines today with two wipes, so best round of the three. I had 20 points after 9 holes with one wipe, after a really nice drive rolled left off the fairway into the water. The other wipe came after driving down the left side of the fairway on a par 5, had a chance to hit the green from there with a 5 wood but pushed it right into the water. A number of poorly executed shots followed. Quite enjoyed the fast greens though.
    I probably would have played better if it wasn't so windy, but enjoyed the three days playing courses I don't normally play.
    Back to Oxley next Sunday for my first proper comp round now that I have a handicap. After hitting 87 on my third card I'm off 12.4, but I expect that to go up as I play more rounds.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

23/08/2020, Jindalee GC, Social Nine.

Stats: 3/6 fairways, 1/9 greens, 15 putts.
    Score: BPBBPXXPP; 40 (+7).

Eight shot improvement from last week. Woohoo! Still not great, but things were a bit better, and gave me some hope that I am still able to play golf.

Next round: And another round at Jindalee next Sunday. I'm torn between being able to play social games with my friends, and playing on a more enjoyable course in a comp.
    Last edited by AndyP; 24th August 2020 at 08:07 AM.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

28 points this morning. Got off to a flying start but couldn't hold it together.

The driver was misbehaving big time today. I need to get to the range to work on a safe fairway finding swing.

Lost my pennant match 4 and 3, but the team won 4 and 3 with the final match going down the 19th! Wooooo. Premiers.

My head hurts a little bit this morning.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Well played sir.

Interested in Yass, haven't played there in many years. I heard it had suffered a lot in the drought, has it come back to decent condition after all this rain?
    Its pretty rough, it really did struggle with no water, and now it has too much - the bottom holes are a heavy 10 at best.

Chopperlink

WITB

Lost my pennant match 4 and 3, but the team won 4 and 3 with the final match going down the 19th! Wooooo. Premiers.

My head hurts a little bit this morning.
    Well done good to get the W

another round of hack and slash.... atleast my handicap is growing in time for our club's winter cup

err.... or not.... seems like my hdcp has hit the upper cap

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Played golf for the first time in over 18 months last week. Renewed my donation/membership and asked my daughter (11) if she'd like to walk a few holes. She enjoyed it so much that she happily walked 9 with me. I challenged her to putt from the edge of the green - my score for the hole vs her score with the putter. She beat me 6-1, mainly because I had a bunch of 7s and an 8. One hole she had 4 putts and unfortunately so did I. I surprised myself by hitting the ball reasonably well, all things considered.

Having an 11 year old girl standing right behind you when you tee off is a good way to keep yourself from swearing when you slice into the trees.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Thread Information