Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I usually find my lower scores off the stick coincide with being more accurate off the tee, with a couple of exceptions.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Course reopened today after being closed due to significant flooding.

31 points summed up how nothing happened - 3 doubles and a triple on the front for 13, then a solid 18 points around the back.

Greens were about 2 foot slower than what they had been. It took until 18 to get a putt past the hole on the high side.

Pennant semi this weekend coming up at Yass - here is hoping their course is ok after they copped over 200mm last weekend. Poor Goulburn GC was under 2-3 foot of water and is going to be closed for weeks.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thankfully for me, normal golfing service has been resumed. 35 points today, with my short game having returned.

The ball striking wasn't great, but I could see the right chip shots to hit, and for the most part executed them. I had 40 putts on Monday, and 28 today.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Had my third handicap round at Oxley today, much improved from the first two with 87 this time. I hit 39 on the front 9 (+4), but started getting a bit tired and dropped off a bit on the back. Had a nice little run after a double bogey on the first, with five pars and a birdie on the 4th, courtesy of hitting five greens. Didn't hit one green on the back 9. This is one area of my game I'm looking to improve, as it clearly helped lower my score on the front. I've been striking approach shots well, just not always directed well. For most of the front they were and it was a good feeling.

Also 5/14 fairways and 32 putts.

32 points for me today. Back to normal programming.

4 pars
    10 bogies
    1 dub
    1 other

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

36pts with a slut and a 4-putt wipe
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

77/65 today (Par is 66)

1 bird
    9 pars
    5 bogies
    2 doubles
    1 other

I had two 3 putts today. Both lipouts 🙄
    Lots of par 3’s to save the score today. I’ll be hopeless when we play the other course next week

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

83 off the stick for 36 points at Stirling GC today. This was good enough for 3rd in B grade. Played reasonable, putted quite well. Driving was rubbish. I also chipped in on 16 for a birdie.

The winner had 47 points off 16... Weather consisted of patchy rain but very little wind and temperature was quite comfortable.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Passive brag alert
    42 pts off 5hcp at Penrith
    5 birds
    1 under off the stick
    Went under par for my first time ever. Shot even a handful of times but never under. I know it’s only a game of golf but I had tears in my eyes trying to make my putt on the 18th for 1 deep.
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind
    Taylormade Spider Si 35" Slant Neck

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by JADO75 View Post
    Passive brag alert42 pts off 5hcp at Penrith 5 birds1 under off the stick Went under par for my first time ever. Shot even a handful of times but never under. I know it’s only a game of golf but I had tears in my eyes trying to make my putt on the 18th for 1 deep.
    Brilliant mate, congrats!
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Passive brag alert
    5 birds
    1 under off the stick
    Went under par for my first time ever. Shot even a handful of times but never under. I know it’s only a game of golf but I had tears in my eyes trying to make my putt on the 18th for 1 deep.
    Well done legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Passive brag alert
    5 birds
    1 under off the stick
    Awesome!

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Passive brag alert
    5 birds
    1 under off the stick
    Well done mate!!!! Awesome play!!

I started well

And then limped home

My putter felt rotten most of the day. Shouldn't have changed! Back to the blade

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

5.49 #tractor

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Passive brag alert
    5 birds
    1 under off the stick
    youve had a great round, now reply to your pm, lol

Monthly medal today. A couple of firsts for me, of the wrong kind: I five-putted a hole, and had four greenside bunker shots on another (two different bunkers).

A par after a textbook hosel rocket was pretty nice though.

Member Teaching Pro

I sooked out yesterday as I'm buggered if I play in the rain. Got out for first round of pennant though today. Beautiful day and walked off with a win so happy days.

76. 41points. I was under or level par for most of the round until I choked coming home. Had my best ever 9 holes to finish the front in -2. First time shooting back to back rounds in the 70s.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Semi final of handicap pennant out at Yass yesterday. They had 6 inches of rain in the last week, so there was a bit of pot luck with approaches and pitching on the sodden kikuyu.

Had to give 2 shots away, and played like a complete potato for the front 9. Thankfully the two pars I made won holes, and I turned two down and felt like it should have been way worse.

I topped my drive on 10, topped my second, and hadn't made it to his tee shot by the time I played my third. Put a sand wedge to 8 foot, and squared the hole from nowhere. Then won 11, and was back in it. Squared 12 giving away a shot and made a tap in par on 13 to square the match.

14 is a 270m uphill 4 - my tee shot hit a tree on the outside of the hole and fired backwards 80m to be in the mud and blocked out, and still 170m away and dead. My opponent was 70 short, middle of the fairway and in perfect position. I tried getting driver to the green off the deck, and caught the overhanging branch leaving 90m to go - I put it to 8 foot under the hole and was still in with a chance. My opponent was 10m away from the green in two, then chilli dipped and then thinned his next through the green and rolled 15m off the gree. An almost certain loss became a win, and I won the next two with pars to finish a miracle comeback and win 3 and 2. We won the match 6-1 overall and are now in the Grand Final.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    76. 41points. I was under or level par for most of the round until I choked coming home. Had my best ever 9 holes to finish the front in -2. First time shooting back to back rounds in the 70s.
    Flusha! Great round mate

still struggling to play; played the club cham on saturday and the first 3 holes I was 11 over already made the day kind of a write off. Mostly from a combination of stupid play and bad luck (like chipping out only to catch a small branch and bounced back behind a tree)
    Concentrated on my swing instead after... putting was good on the day with only 1 3putts. 2nd 9 was a little better as my up n down game was better than the week before... had a triple bogey on the 18th because I topped my 2nd shot and went long on the 4th shot with a 3 putts giving me a disappointing triple bogey at the end.
    51/43 for a 81 nett

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

16/08/2020, Jindalee GC, Social Nine.

Stats: 2/6 fairways, 0/9 greens, 18 putts.
    Score: XBXXPXBXB; 48 (+15).

Well done to all the great scores this month.

I played terribly, but was happy to be out there for the first time in 10 weeks following my hip operation. Besides the drive on the first, and the ninth, there was nothing positive from my golf game to report on, with five of the nine holes double bogeyed or worse. I think I might hold off on playing 18, until I play a bit better.

As for the hip, there were no major issues, with just one shot where my adductor seemed to grab.

Next round: Yet another round at Jindalee next Sunday.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

It’s not you Andy, Royal Jindalee kicks you in the teeth when you miss the greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Congrats to those posting personal bests. I've gone under par once, and the last time I went even par (I've done that 3 times) I birdied the last to get there, so no nerves were in play.

Slight nerves for me today coming up the last, as I needed par for 36, but I choked for a bogey and 35. I'm happy with that. I played well and putted well when I was putting for pars, but didn't putt so well for birdies. Twice on the par 3's I hit great shots to within 5 feet, but missed both of them. No nearest the pins, so my great shots had nothing to show for them.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information