Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 650 AUD (65%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Week Commencing 4th September

Hi All

Well I went and played Camden this morning in pretty tough conditions, not much rain but boy did the wind blow . Pretty happy to walk off with 33 points, was another of those day that I left plenty of points out on the course but I held it overall together pretty well. Should have held on to keep nearest to the pin on the 3rd, we were in one of the last groups.

Fairways 9/14
    GIR 3/18
    Putts 31
    4 Pars
    1 Birdie
    4 wipes

Oh well hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow @ Richmond.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

played a black marker day at coffs - blowing a gail here today plus the greens were cored during the week. As like the last few years they have ripped the utter crap out of them. There goes playing there for about 6-7weeks. 89/76
    9fir
    8gir
    alot of putts 9 think about 5-6 3putts

s9-1 Pro 10.5 | 906f2 15* 18.5* | Maxfli a10 Tour 3-p| x-forged 52* 58* | Odyssey Black I9

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Richmond today with Andrew, Grunt and Virgal Tracy. The course was very wet in places, but the weather was quite pleasant.

More details of the game will appear in the MatchPlay thread, but I recovered from an awful start to record 32 points, which I am quite happy with on a course that needs some local knowledge.

Fairways = 8 of 12 (last 8 in a row)
    Greens in Reg = 6 of 18
    Putts = 33, no three putts, 1 birdie
    Up & Down = 2 of 10
    Sand Saves = 0 of 2
    Penalties = 2
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Member Club Pro

41 points in a gale. Enough to come second, losing on a countback. Picked up a NTP too, so all up I'm pretty happy with it.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

super effort McCoy! I dream of such scores!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Round three of our clubs 4 ball matchplay champs. My partner and I both played well - I had a great front nine and she shone on the back. I had to give 14 and 11 shots - and we won 2 up. Next week we play in the final.
    Drove as good as I've ever driven today and hit some great fairway shots. Biggest problem was I was hitting too well and over hit a couple of greens. I'm really enjoying my golf at the moment and am feeling a lot more confident with my swing. Hey - that means I'll probably start stuffing up again soon Reason why my swing is better - I've really lossened off my grip. Used to grip too tight - cause to much tension in arms and shoulders and stuff it up. Loose grip = easy swing. Easy swing = better golf. Simple ain't it.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Blog Entries

What a difference 24 hours makes, Yesterday played very up and down @ Richmond for 25 points (maybe less I never saw the card). Well this morning started off like yesterday, I hit a sprinkler beside the 1st green to see my ball sail away. That was it for the bad luck and I had a pretty damm good round in the end 39 points

9 Fairways
    4 GIR
    32 putts
    4 pars
    87 Gross
    66 nett
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Another disaster of a round. All of my 6 shots were gone after 5 holes thanks to back-to-back doubles. Another double on the 9th sealed the deal at +10 for the 9 . I put it all behind me after a sensational sandwich during the break to come out firing on the back 9. I played heaps better on the back and only finished with +3 after a clumsy bogey on 18. Someone remind me to take my short game with me next weekend.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

goughy

I haven't taken it!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

shot a scrappy 89 (nett 77) around Nambour today (par 6

Hit a few fairways, but my short game was pretty ordinary

Hopefully it'll improve when i get back there tomorrow
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

09/09/2006, Nambour GC, Town of Nambour Open

5/12 effective T-shots.
    0/18 effective approaches.
    3/11 up & down successes.
    0/3 sand saves (same bunker).
    34 putts.
    ----------------
    4 pars. (all on our second nine)
    9 bogeys.
    3 doubles.
    2 others.

Score 47-42-89 nett 78 (Par 34-34-68)

Also played at Nambour today. Played pretty shyte. Driving was off, putting and chipping out of touch, and I think 0/18 for approaches is a pretty damning statistic for the irons.

Was probably a little better on our second nine, and showed a little to give me encouragement for tomorrow. Bit of a shame that my swing went AWOL while using A-Lo's HiBore, but I hit a few nice ones at the end. Oh well, tomorrow jarro's R510 gets a run.

Next round: Tomorrow, Round 2 of Nambour Open.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    What a difference 24 hours makes, Yesterday played very up and down @ Richmond for 25 points (maybe less I never saw the card). Well this morning started off like yesterday, I hit a sprinkler beside the 1st green to see my ball sail away. That was it for the bad luck and I had a pretty damm good round in the end 39 points

9 Fairways
    4 GIR
    32 putts
    4 pars
    87 Gross
    66 nett
    WOO HOO

Had a win
    Division 2 Winner
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Third round of the club champs yesterday. Travelling along quite nicely at the moment. Shot a 77/69 yesterday to follow the pair of 79/71's in rounds 1 and 2 (par 71).

What made yesterdays score particularly pleasing is that the course was set-up fairly easy in the first 2 rounds. Yesterday was a different story, a sherpa guide was required to get to some of the pins that were placed half way up a hill.

The round consisted of:

1 birdie
    10 pars
    7 bogies

For the first time in a long time I have a ball that is 2 rounds old and looking to be retired to the shag bag.

Not sure what score is leading A-grade nett, but I wouldn't think I'd be too far off the pace.

Ryan

I was square after 5 holes today and that was as far as we got. The greens finally gave up with the torential rain and were unplayable.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

9/9/06..... 3rd Round Club Champs
    --------------------------------------
    Had a 92/75

Played pretty terribly.... actually shanked my second shot into the drink on the first..... wasn't going to be a good day..

Played with two old ducks and Keza..... man it was a slow round.

I had a round to remember yesterday, for both good and bad!!!

No1 player in Brunei posted a 70 on friday...
    Told myself that 68 was the number to post!!!
    I lost the same tourney last year to a "cheated" 69...

started off with a wayward draw t shot, punched iron into greenside bunker - held the blast for birde...
    hit the tree on my 2nd hole, punched into the bunker again, made the up/down...
    stiffed my t shot on the 12th, left the birdie putt hanging right in the middle of the cup!!!
    then went birdie/birdie/bogey (par chip hung on the lip)/birdie/par to be 3 under the card after 8 holes!!!

then....

made an 8 on 18 (par5), parred 1 and 2 (birdie chip hung on the lip again), went OOBs on 3 for a double, made another 8 on 4 (par5), missed birds on 5/6, missed a 2 footer par putt on 7, parred 8/9 to limp home badly!!!

as it turned out, managed to snag 4th place gross on countback...
    what could have been!!!

----------------------

played Eastwood Valley Classic across the border this morning, started birdie4-birdie4, missed birdie on 3rd hole....then the wheels came off...finished with a 12over 84...
    played the par5s well tho....3under... could have been 4 for 4 if my pace was right on one of them...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

Stableford round at Rosebud Country Club. Think I might be liking this course cos had another handicap break today. 36 points ( CCR is always high - or hang on is that low - it plays harder than what they reckon - is that high or low - gee I'm thick ) anyway handicap has dropped down to 15.9 Have figured seeing I've broken 18 I may as well keep going.

Didn't feel like I played all that well - back was a bit stiff - but didn't stuff up too much. Have started trying to chip and run instead of pitching around the greens. Doesn't look as impressive but who cares. Safer shot - and it was always the worst part of my game.

End of year goal is now 14. Have to keep playing at Rosebud Country Club instead of my home track. I find it a lot harder to break there
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

goughy

I find when I play I don't think of what the ccr will be, just what is par. I think that thinking would help to a degree on courses where the ccr is over par as opposed to ones where the ccr is under par. I remember one person years ago who's home course had an acr well under it's par and a ccr that was usually under again (something like that). He found it so hard to drop his hc because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by goughy
    I find when I play I don't think of what the ccr will be, just what is par. I think that thinking would help to a degree on courses where the ccr is over par as opposed to ones where the ccr is under par. I remember one person years ago who's home course had an acr well under it's par and a ccr that was usually under again (something like that). He found it so hard to drop his hc because of this.
    Trust me - I don't think about it when I play. When I was so desperate to break to 18 - it took me nearly 18 months - the number of times the CCR was low and I didn't break and I'd be disappointed. Now I have a very casual approach. I can honestly say that I don't care. If I break - I break. If I go out .1 - I go out .1. Simple really. Once I reached my "goal" of 18 I felt like the pressure had been lifted.

To be honest I was very suprised when I found out I had 36 points - I had 16 on the front nine and a few 1 pointers on the back. Amazing what a birdie - from a bunker - can do . 2 for 4 - gotta love it.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

had 39 pts at brisbane golf club - 2 birdies,eagle at 16, missed a couple of 4 footers for birdie and generally putted badly. To put it in perspective it was a social comp off the yellows...but you still have to shoot the score.

Quote Originally Posted by reg320
    had 39 pts at brisbane golf club - 2 birdies,eagle at 16, missed a couple of 4 footers for birdie and generally putted badly. To put it in perspective it was a social comp off the yellows...but you still have to shoot the score.
    39 points is good from any markers. And an eagle. Way to go.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    WOO HOO

Had a win
    Division 2 Winner
    Just found out there had been dramas entering my score and that is the reason for no handicap change/ scored entered in my golflink for the round. That sorted the Handicap will be slashed a little with the course rating CCR70 (ACR69) for the day and should see me losing 1.2 from 20.5 to 19.3. Maybe I can get to the target for the year after all.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

You'd better get moving then, Grunt.

Blog Entries

Well 14 may be the advertised target, but to be honest it was more of a goal than an actual target. Will be very happy to finish the year without getting 2 shots on any holes so anything less than 18 will be great.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Thread Information