Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Oxley today again, first round to go towards my handicap, another average outing for 103. Too many fat shots which have crept back in again lately. Probably would have been at least 10 shots less without those. A few misdirected tee shots didn't help either. On a positive note my chipping came good again, and putting was easier too, greens were nice and evenly paced.
    The most ridiculous shot of the day was on the 17th. I was about 135m out, going uphill a bit and in the right side rough. Figured an 8 iron would do the trick. I struck it pretty well, not thin or anything, and still the bloody thing flew the green and ended up about 40m off the back, must have hit the downslope at the back and got a kick on. Total distance was 175m. If I'd gone a 9 iron it probably would have been on. 😂

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Had a par event today with Olinda.After 6 week's of utter not good golf,littered with shanks and thins,and the odd earth shattering FAT,I finally hit it good.Played the first 9 in +3,7 pars , 1 birdie and 1 loss.Couldnt keep it together though,the mental game fell away after turn and I got on the bogey train.Finished -3 on the back but was happy to be square at the end of the day.

Par = square
    Stableford = 34
    Stroke = 80/71

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Major Winner

Felt like a game today so went for a 45min drive to Balaklava knowing I’d have no problems getting one at one of my old home courses.
    Much to my delight it was my favourite game Par............NOT.
    Got my name on the NTP for 3 on the Par 5 2nd hole after an 80m pitch had some good tour jizz zipping back to finish 8 inches from the hole.
    Also put my name on the NTP for 2 Par 4 17th with a beautiful 9iron out of some cabbage finished 8 foot away to the hardest possible get at pin position on the hole.
    Was 1 down standing on the 18th with a shot but hit a horrid snap hook that cannoned into a tree and none of us had a clue where it went so hit a provisonal down the perfect line on the left. Couldn’t find 1st and when second ball was sitting down in a poor lie a foot off fairway I had all but conceeded another wipe was on the cards. Put a good swing on a 7iron digging it out of the hole flying it to 6 foot short of the flag with the ball running up sitting on the edge of the cup for a tap in bogey and half to finish 1- which will most likely be a new flag round.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Played on Friday (wearing a mask here at Northern) but unfortunately we aren't doing any competition rounds, all social. Managed to shoot my best score, Front 9 was even par, 2 birds, 2 bogeys, back 9 was -1 with 4 birds, a bogey and a double on 18 for a total of one under par off the stick. Headed to the 18th -3 after a nice chip in on 17 from a ridiculous spot (tee box of the 18th) but I wasn't actually nervous. Still managed to double the hole, but a good round where everything seemed to be working. Looking forward to trying to back it up.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Was meant to have a game at Wantima with the social club today but they called it off due to the rain, which subsequently cleared up 😂
    Got a couple of rounds at Oxley on Thursday and Friday and though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

31 points at Thaxted today. 17/14. Could not seem to close the round out.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

7 down 2 weeks in a row.

Last week was complete garbage, and whilst this week returned the same score, I lipped out 5 times, burnt the lip on 4 more occasions and had a bad back. Truth be told I should have not played, but I'm playing as often as I can at the moment, with the threat of golf being on the COVID naughty list in the back of my mind
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

played social at Dunsborough lakes GC during the weekend.
    pretty nice course, but slightly soggy on the ground. Surrounded by houses, so my mates managed to hit a couple of roof off the tee (group in front of us were nearly hitting a house at each tee as we can hear the loud bangs)
    not too bad with the back. A few fades to trees with "smart" play managed to salvage bogeys or par. shot 43/41

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Nett 83 in a stroke event today. Amazingly. I'm not too upset with the score. It was one of the more difficult days I've ever spent on the course, with a 30 metre wind and soft fairways after 3 days of rain. From 70 metres out into the wind you had to play a bump and run, and working out whether it was firm or soft in front of the green was impossible.

I didn't try it, but I reckon if I had tried a lob wedge into the teeth of the wind it was a chance of going backwards.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    7 down 2 weeks in a row.

Last week was complete garbage, and whilst this week returned the same score, I lipped out 5 times, burnt the lip on 4 more occasions and had a bad back. Truth be told I should have not played, but I'm playing as often as I can at the moment, with the threat of golf being on the COVID naughty list in the back of my mind
    Consistency is the key in this game. You've mastered it.

W.I.T.B

Bit delayed but last week I broke 90 for the first time in 25 years in a comp. 39 stableford off 20 for an 89. Great feeling. Have been doing sessions with the club pro and its making a big difference!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

2 more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Bit delayed but last week I broke 90 for the first time in 25 years in a comp. 39 stableford off 20 for an 89. Great feeling. Have been doing sessions with the club pro and its making a big difference!
    Well done mate!
    WITB

Well done Buzz, always good to break a barrier.

July Scores:

Proserpine 84-5-79
    Ayr 75-6-69
    Mystic Sands 77-5-72
    El Arish 70-4-66
    Gordonvale 76-5-71
    Half Moon Bay 84-6-78
    Last edited by MAZA68; 29th July 2020 at 08:00 PM.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

More rubbish golf from me today, for 28 points. I'm getting a bit sick of going back to the drawing board, but i just can't find a working method right now. All four members of the group had a bad day, but the other three all hit a 'that'll bring you back' shot on 18. But I didn't.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

double up
    Last edited by Hatchman; 29th July 2020 at 04:52 PM.

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    More rubbish golf from me today, for 28 points. I'm getting a bit sick of going back to the drawing board, but i just can't find a working method right now. All four members of the group had a bad day, but the other three all hit a 'that'll bring you back' shot on 18. But I didn't.
    So your not going back ...............?

Nice work, satisfying moment I bet.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 30th July 2020 at 03:55 PM.

W.I.T.B

Best round since I started again in terms of par at Oxley today. I hit 88 (+16). First one without any triple bogeys, and also a couple of birdies, the second being a chip in from off the green. Nearly holed another one on the 17th as well. Ball striking was better today, and glad I've got my touch back with the chips as I only hit 3 GIR. 6/14 fairways, 29 putts today, helped that I only had a 2 or 3 long range ones though, one that I sunk. Back again tomorrow morning for my second handicap round to do it all again. Could be a polar opposite 🤣

Today was a weird one, horrible start and finish, but had a stretch of 11 holes (5th to the 15th) that I played 2 under par. Just (just! ha) need to lose the blow-outs and put 18 together.

Thanks guys - yes Hatchman it was really great. So rewarding when doing some work with the pro pays off.

Lost two shots off the handicap but followed up with 36 points on Wednesday again which was good for second in the comp (course was soaked after a lot of rain).

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Might get in on this.
    After a good run of form through the mid/end of July, today was complete and utter poo !!
    28 points off the Whites (11/17).
    3 putted the first for bogey
    Missed my birdie putt on 2 from 6 feet
    Missed my par putt on 3 from 5 feet after a solid bunker shot.
    Cracked the $hits with the flat stick and the game suffered from there on.
    7 points for the next 6 holes sums it all up - with a chip in birdie on 5 !!

17 on the back was a bit better - 5 pars, 4 bogeys.
    Meh !!!!
    WITB
    TaylorMade SIM2 MAX 9.0
    / Titleist TSR 15 / Mizuno MP20 HMB 2I /Mizuno MP20 MMC 4I - 6I / Mizuno MP20 MB 7I - PW / Vokey SM6 50.12F, 54.14F / Mizuno MP R series 60.05 / Odyssey 7 White Hot OG

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Today was a weird one, horrible start and finish, but had a stretch of 11 holes (5th to the 15th) that I played 2 under par. Just (just! ha) need to lose the blow-outs and put 18 together.
    Great golf there mate. It's only a matter of time until you put it all together for a whole round.
    WITB

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Won Pennant 2up to now have a 4 and 0 record for the year.

We topped out half of the draw, finals vs 2nd on the other side next week

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

This last week will straddle July/August but will sit here as a single post.

A great week of golf tripping around the region to coincide with the 2020 edition of CoC

Tuesday - Morning 18 @ Atherton GC. Can’t remember what I shot but it was a dicey setup as Atherton gets ready for their Club Champs this weekend.

Afternoon 9 @ Millaa Millaa GC. 16pts through nine holes, fun little country track and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to play it.

Wednesday- Team stableford @ Cairns GC. 30pts -

Thursday- Morning 18 @ Palmer Sea Reef. 35pts. Back nine run after a dismal front side, a couple of ‘career’ iron shots into some greens were really fun.

Afternoon 18 @ Mirage GC. 27pts. How in hell this place gets a scratch rating of 70 off the whites I’ll never know. Playing off 2 it was never going to be pretty.

Friday-Day 1 of City of Cairns. 34pts (7. Some good play offset by 2 horrible doubles. Drove it like a blind man for most of the day.

Saturday- Day 2 of City of Cairns. 33pts (79). Another good one spoiled by some cheap mistakes. Burgers after the round were exceptional though!!

Sunday- Day 3 of City of Cairns. 38pts (74). Finally turned in a good one-or at least didn’t trip over myself in the process. Still had a careless double after being pin high for 2 but offset my mistakes with 4 birdies for my best round of the week.

The week saw 6 Golflinked rounds and a new lowest GA of 3.2 (down from 3.5).

Looking forward to backing it up with Monthly Medal this Saturday

Thread Information