Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default WDYSTM - July 2020

I was hoping somebody else would kick off the month, because then my poor score wouldn't be noticed as much. But in my view, if you post here you should post the bad ones as well as the good ones.

28 points won't keep me on the leaderboard for long, and nor should it. I played better than the score, but the bad result was due to some putting yips and something worse. I'll be reporting in another thread shortly.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

Stableford at Maryborough off 6.

Started well, managed a birdie on 5, then proceeded to get an unlucky deflection ob on 6. 2nd ball birdie saved a point, but 3 more bogeys saw me turn on 16pts.

Steady steady on the back 9 - 2 more bogeys and a birdie for 21pts.

16/21 37
    2 bird
    9 par
    7 bogey
    7 gir
    29 putts
    0 3jigs
    0 hosels

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I was hoping somebody else would kick off the month, because then my poor score wouldn't be noticed as much. But in my view, if you post here you should post the bad ones as well as the good ones.28 points won't keep me on the leaderboard for long, and nor should it. I played better than the score, but the bad result was due to some putting yips and something worse. I'll be reporting in another thread shortly.
    If it makes you feel any better I only managed 26 points in drizzly conditions, not that the weather was the cause of my poor score. My short game was non existent today. I'll be visiting another thread - the pro shop thread. I see a new putter and some wedges in my future.
    Last edited by Dcanto; 2nd July 2020 at 06:25 AM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I had a quad, two triples, five doubles and a frat. It was appalling.

Checked my phone at the end of the round to an urgent message from my GP confirming my iron was that low I shouldn't have been walking, let alone playing golf.

Hopefully a year's worth of iron on Friday will fix me for the weekend

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Monthly medal winner

A very average 31 yesterday in some very strong wind with 2 very average 3 putts.

Stableford today at Maryborough off 6.

Highlights: Birdies on 5, 7, and 17. Having to chip on the green on 9, and making par.

Lowlights: Bad approaches on 2 and 4 left 75ft putts which I 3 jigged. Copping a shank in the leg.

Overall though, 2nd best round of golf I have ever played. Drained some clutch putts on 16, 17 and 18 to post a score.

19/20 39 (+1/+2 for +3 off the wazza)
    3 bird
    9 par
    6 bogey
    9 gir
    31 putts
    2 3jigs
    0 hosels(though was hit by one)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well done on the 3 over, benno. That's a good looking card.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Stableford today at Maryborough off 6.Highlights: Birdies on 5, 7, and 17. Having to chip on the green on 9, and making par.Lowlights: Bad approaches on 2 and 4 left 75ft putts which I 3 jigged. Copping a shank in the leg.Overall though, 2nd best round of golf I have ever played. Drained some clutch putts on 16, 17 and 18 to post a score.19/20 39 (+1/+2 for +3 off the wazza)3 bird9 par6 bogey9 gir31 putts2 3jigs0 hosels(though was hit by one)
    Well done Benno.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Stableford today at Maryborough off 6.

Highlights: Birdies on 5, 7, and 17. Having to chip on the green on 9, and making par.

Lowlights: Bad approaches on 2 and 4 left 75ft putts which I 3 jigged. Copping a shank in the leg.

Overall though, 2nd best round of golf I have ever played. Drained some clutch putts on 16, 17 and 18 to post a score.

19/20 39 (+1/+2 for +3 off the wazza)
    3 bird
    9 par
    6 bogey
    9 gir
    31 putts
    2 3jigs
    0 hosels(though was hit by one)
    Striking it well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fkn sht game.MM today and I couldn't find a fairway or green
    90/82
    1 fairway
    0 greens
    0 birdies
    29 putts

17/17 = 34
    1 x birdie

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

No golf over the weekend unfortunately but my 10yr old young fella scored two cracking goals at soccer.
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind
    Taylormade Spider Si 35" Slant Neck

Stableford today at Thaxted Park GC. Had a reasonable round going today with 30 points through 14 holes. Wiped the next 3 and ended up with 32.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Stableford today at Maryborough off 6.Highlights: Birdies on 5, 7, and 17. Having to chip on the green on 9, and making par.Lowlights: Bad approaches on 2 and 4 left 75ft putts which I 3 jigged. Copping a shank in the leg.Overall though, 2nd best round of golf I have ever played. Drained some clutch putts on 16, 17 and 18 to post a score.19/20 39 (+1/+2 for +3 off the wazza)3 bird9 par6 bogey9 gir31 putts2 3jigs0 hosels(though was hit by one)
    Nice work. You got me by 17 points but I had 6 more wipes than you.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

FNQ Open (36 holes stroke) at Cairns.

Day 1 - A case of 3 really bad holes as a result of exceptionally poor tee shots killed any chance of a good score.

A couple of 7’s and a 9 resulted to be +10 thru 9 holes.
    Birdied the 1st on the front to get some pep back in the step before another 3 putt double drove the knife deep with a twist.

Finished off ok from there for 86/82 but won the burgers

Day 2 - Birdied the 1st, 6th and 7th offset with a pair of bogies on 4 and 5 to go out 1 under. A couple of bogies on the back with another double and a triple on 15 (to be 8 over on the hole) sealed an ordinary weekend in good company.

Parred in for 77/73 and won the burgers again

Social club game at Maleny today, ended up winning the day with 49 points, from a round of 88 off the stick (+20). My handicap was 32 giving me a nett 56 (-12), but will now drop 5 strokes after the win as per club rules. Also got a NTP landing around 3m from the hole with a new 52° wedge I'd bought to fill the gap between PW and SW, first shot I'd even hit with it. I missed the birdie putt though. I quite enjoyed the course, bit of a different type of course to what I've played over the last 6 months. Reminded me a bit of links courses. The greens were tough, nothing wrong with the surface which was nice and true, but hard to judge break and wound up with 38 putts including a 4-putt on the par 3 first after landing the tee shot on the green. Hit 55% fairways which is my best to date, so was happy with that improvement, and was striking my irons nicely too.
    Last edited by Kelsey86; 12th July 2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Social club game at Maleny today, ended up winning the day with 49 points, from a round of 88 off the stick (+20). My handicap was 32 giving me a nett 56 (-12), but will now drop 5 strokes after the win as per club rules. Also got a NTP landing around 3m from the hole, but missed the birdie putt.

I quite enjoyed the course, bit of a different type of course to what I've played over the last 6 months. Reminded me a bit of links courses. The greens were tough, nothing wrong with the surface which was nice and true, but hard to judge break and wound up with 38 putts including a 4-putt on the par 3 first after landing the tee shot on the green. Hit 55% fairways which is my best to date, so was happy with that improvement.
    Well done.

I played there today in a different social club.

14/13 27 off 6.

Course layout is great, but greens were atrocious. They were decent for trueness, but I have never played greens that were remotely close to being as slow as that.

Hit 10/12 fairways, and hit 10 greens.

41 putts sums up my intense dislike of how the greens were presented. 6x 3putts, and a 4putt.

Well done.I played there today in a different social club.14/13 27 off 6.Course layout is great, but greens were atrocious. They were decent for trueness, but I have never played greens that were remotely close to being as slow as that. Hit 10/12 fairways, and hit 10 greens.41 putts sums up my intense dislike of how the greens were presented. 6x 3putts, and a 4putt.
    Thanks mate. Yes they were slow at the beginning but they got quicker as we progressed around the course. I did find putting a little easier on the back 9. I had two 4putts and three 3putts. Most of my five 1putts came from chipping it to about a foot 😂. Only hit 4 greens with 3 of them on the front 9, but my chipping is pretty reliable most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Thanks mate. Yes they were slow at the beginning but they got quicker as we progressed around the course. I did find putting a little easier on the back 9. I had two 4putts and three 3putts. Most of my five 1putts came from chipping it to about a foot . Only hit 4 greens with 3 of them on the front 9, but my chipping is pretty reliable most times.
    Sounds like the greens were fine Kelsey86!

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Sounds like the greens were fine Kelsey86!
    They certainly took a bit of getting used to. Then once I got used to the slowness they quickened up 🤣

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

30 points for me today.

Normally this would lead to a tale of woe, and for the first 8 holes it was. One bad hole and shots threw away around and on the green on the others meant I had 9 points after 8. From there the putts started to drop, and I strung together 9 pars and a three putt double in the last 10.

Those last 10 holes will bring me back, as they say.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    30 points for me today.Normally this would lead to a tale of woe, and for the first 8 holes it was. One bad hole and shots threw away around and on the green on the others meant I had 9 points after 8. From there the putts started to drop, and I strung together 9 pars and a three putt double in the last 10.Those last 10 holes will bring me back, as they say.
    Nice recovery!
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

with the first hit for almost 12 months in the books and a 3 hour round to boot, was great to get out and have a swing, few pars, very few memorable shots but no injuries. Played Neangar Park in Bendigo, nice track, greens were very good, would be amazing in spring as the fairways were pretty yellow from the frost.

Have a golf trip next week and then off to Bonville next month so had a very disappointing 40 points yesterday followed by a handicap reduction.

First time with 40 or above at my home course since Dec 2017. Didn't do anything too special apart from a couple of 20 plus foot putts which kept momentum.

Played at Pacific Harbour yesterday. Struggled big time on the front 9 for a solid 48, turned it around on the back 9 with a 39, after choking. Was -1 through 6 on the back.
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Thread Information