Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default SEQ cheap membership options

So a mate of mine from Western Brisneyland has been a member at Brookwater for the last couple of years on a "mega-member" style deal worth only a couple of hundred bucks (only averages 15 comp rounds per year). That category becomes defunct in the new FY so he's looking to move on. Are there any other courses in the region offering something similar?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Depends on what you call the region, how far does he wanna go. Brookwater is the most expensive course in the immediate vicinity.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    So a mate of mine from Western Brisneyland has been a member at Brookwater for the last couple of years on a "mega-member" style deal worth only a couple of hundred bucks (only averages 15 comp rounds per year). That category becomes defunct in the new FY so he's looking to move on. Are there any other courses in the region offering something similar?
    After getting a really good deal from the club, why not move on...……..as Billy Moore would say...….Queenslander

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ashgrove has a deal that includes a limited amount of rounds for a few hundred. I think McLeod does too, if you are in a certain age category.

If they don't suit, then he could just get a handicap maintenance membership; I pay $110 for one at Gailes.

Senior Member Major Winner

I reckon his choices are Andy’s handicap maintenance style membership or one of a few clubs offering limited comp round memberships for about half price. Carbrook, Reddy Bay and Wynnum have them. I don’t know of any others but I suspect they’re around.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

If he was at Brookwater, then he could consider Hills Int or Windaroo both offer a lifestyle membership for around $150 plus a reduced Green Fee each time you play. Handicap can be included as well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Royal Jindalee had a deal for $350 subs during COVID not sure if it is still available
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

A bit further west Sandy Gallop isn't the best course but membership is pretty cheap. Nothing compared to Brookwater though, I really like that course.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Ashgrove has a deal that includes a limited amount of rounds for a few hundred. I think McLeod does too, if you are in a certain age category.

If they don't suit, then he could just get a handicap maintenance membership; I pay $110 for one at Gailes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    If he was at Brookwater, then he could consider Hills Int or Windaroo both offer a lifestyle membership for around $150 plus a reduced Green Fee each time you play. Handicap can be included as well.
    Gailes & Windaroo options are exactly what he'll be looking for. Thanks boys.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

The catch with the Gailes membership is that you get charged more than a visitor to play comps there, but you do have access to their online booking system.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Windaroo is fantastic condition at the moment. You can book online except on the day of play. Bit busy but great club atmosphere. They have lifestyle membership which allows member pricing for carts but normal green and comp fees which can get upto $60 per round plus cart on weekend

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

I just joined Oxley on the weekend on a reduced rate "pay for play" membership. $300, can play in all comps, full access to the practice facilities, member pricing etc. I'm playing my first competition round next Friday, to go towards an official handicap. Looking forward to it.

How much will you be paying to play then, Kelsey?

And what do you get for your $300? Access to the timesheet and a golflink number?

I still wonder about signing up for one of these myself........ but I wonder how courses feel if you keep turning up to play with one of these memberships? And most of the staff at the pro shop at the course I would play the most know me.

I had a quick look and CityGC doesn't have one of these memberships, but ToowoombaGC does have a PAYG membership, for $550/yr.
    Last edited by goughy; 15th July 2020 at 06:51 AM.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

How much will you be paying to play then, Kelsey?
    Depends on the day. Weekdays and Sundays it's $27 + $14 comp fee if applicable, Saturday is $40+fee. I figured it suits me better, I can't afford $1800 a year or whatever it is for full membership, even the half price one is a stretch. This way I can just play when I can spare the money without the larger membership fee.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    And what do you get for your $300? Access to the timesheet and a golflink number?
    Yes among other things. I can't really afford the more expensive options so I figured it suited me better.

Not too dissimilar to Gailes then, but it doesn't give access to practice facilities, and restricts access to timesheets until later than other members.

Not too dissimilar to Gailes then, but it doesn't give access to practice facilities, and restricts access to timesheets until later than other members.
    Ah right. I don't think the timesheet is restricted for mine. Looking at them it appears all the times for each day are available to book, certainly there are plenty available at all times of the day. I mainly did it for the weekends that my social club isn't on so I can play more regularly than every fortnight. I'll definitely be making use of the practice facilities, for now mainly chipping and bunker shots.

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    I still wonder about signing up for one of these myself........ but I wonder how courses feel if you keep turning up to play with one of these memberships?
    Depends on which membership you have. If it was me I wouldnt give a green fee discount to visitors unless they are a Full member of their home club.

Toowoomba clubs also have reciprocal rights for most other clubs in DDGA, but if you were a member of Boonah, but a resident of Toowoomba, then they have every right to say fair suck of the sav mate.

many reciprocal rights agreements actually have a condition that you cant avail of any benefits with X km's of your home address or any other connection like work, regardless. The one through Kooralbyn is like that.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 15th July 2020 at 09:20 AM.

I wouldn't be thinking of getting anything special with regards to game fees, etc. And would only play on open days, so mostly Sundays. I might have to ask them. I would still love to be a member, a city's fees are only about $550/yr, but I was only getting to play once or less a month. Plus access on weekends, and I have no one to play socially with. But something like $110/yr to have my handicap, and green fee + comp fee when I play is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Depends on which membership you have. If it was me I wouldnt give a green fee discount to visitors unless they are a Full member of their home club.
    I think all businesses should employ a similar model. Refuse to take a customer’s money unless they prove they’ve spent even more at a competitor. I suppose golf clubs can get away with this model considering all the clubs making money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Ah right. I don't think the timesheet is restricted for mine. Looking at them it appears all the times for each day are available to book, certainly there are plenty available at all times of the day.
    The restriction is based on when the timesheet becomes available to me. Saturdays are only available the day before, but I don't really want to play Saturdays anyway, since it would set me back over $50.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

This is a perfect response!!!!!!

I think all businesses should employ a similar model. Refuse to take a customer’s money unless they prove they’ve spent even more at a competitor. I suppose golf clubs can get away with this model considering all the clubs making money hand over fist.

I think all businesses should employ a similar model. Refuse to take a customer’s money...
    i know what you are saying but Thats nothing at all like I described, but rather the opposite. Reciprocation benefits are a different ketle of fish.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 15th July 2020 at 03:48 PM.

Thread Information